punkmutt1231

FI BL on 1000 watt Max??

oh, a quick question for ya

how many ring terminals should i order, and/or what other kind of terminals? And i need to get a new battery post correct?

oh, a quick question for ya

how many ring terminals should i order, and/or what other kind of terminals? And i need to get a new battery post correct?

6 i think... and you can buy them online and or at lowes or home depot

ok thanks for the quick replies. I am sure I will have many more questions once i order everything when it comes to install.

As far as the BL having a 1000 watt max. I say ha..It will handle more than 1000 watts. That is what I have my 2 BL's running on. Give or take a bit and they could use a touch more. I bought all the options you could when I bought mine. Cooling, flatwind , universal. I am confident that running at 1 ohm together they could handle 3k. 1500 a piece. That is if your amp gain is set correctly and isn't clipping. I have a small video of mine playing on a crappy camera phone that takes video. The microphone in the camera distorts the sound, it doesn't sound the way the camera makes it sound. It is clean and fresh in real life. You can see from the shirt moving I could move more air with a little more power. My box is tuned to 32 hz. It is a low bass machine. I love the Fi subs and I will never buy anything else. If I only had the money to afford bigger amps and batteries and BTL's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFTCtvC0nI

As far as the BL having a 1000 watt max. I say ha..It will handle more than 1000 watts. That is what I have my 2 BL's running on. Give or take a bit and they could use a touch more. I bought all the options you could when I bought mine. Cooling, flatwind , universal. I am confident that running at 1 ohm together they could handle 3k. 1500 a piece. That is if your amp gain is set correctly and isn't clipping. I have a small video of mine playing on a crappy camera phone that takes video. The microphone in the camera distorts the sound, it doesn't sound the way the camera makes it sound. It is clean and fresh in real life. You can see from the shirt moving I could move more air with a little more power. My box is tuned to 32 hz. It is a low bass machine. I love the Fi subs and I will never buy anything else. If I only had the money to afford bigger amps and batteries and BTL's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFTCtvC0nI

i run 3000 watts on a pair...

i know one guy that ran 1800 on each....

anyway... lil buddy.. i was thinking if you dont wanna get a saz 1500d just wait.. and pick up a new sae 1200 amp... should be exactly what your looking for!

well i see that db-r has refurbished 1500d for 375, which yes is a lot of money to me, BUT it will pay off. I won't risk clipping with this amp right? i figured i'd go with it as long as i can get it for that price. If the 1200d seems like a good price to me i may consider it, but i don't need to go about and clip it.

well i see that db-r has refurbished 1500d for 375, which yes is a lot of money to me, BUT it will pay off. I won't risk clipping with this amp right? i figured i'd go with it as long as i can get it for that price. If the 1200d seems like a good price to me i may consider it, but i don't need to go about and clip it.

i dont know of a price on the 1200 yet i dont think it has been set.. but if you want 1000 watts.. you get this 1200 watt, set the dain 3/4 down or more.. and you know your near a 1000 clip free watts... well im stoned and thats what i think.

o yeah.. jacob said somthing about the 1200 watt amp has been putting out 1500 watts in testing.

Hey Bigjon. How does that 3000d treat those BL's??

great... it powers them as if thay were made for eachother.... and i have my gain a touch less then half...

saz 3000d's are great amps.... like old school us amps and what not.. i think sundown will be my amp of choice for the years to come.....

alright, so

I plan on running 1/0 gauge to a reducer to 4 gauge JUST FOR NOW! on my current amp. and purchase the BL and box. I'd play it safe with the sub, Not pushing it, clipping etc. Then in 4-5 months purchase the Sundown 1500d. Think it would be alright to run the BL for a few months LIGHTLY on that lanzar 1000 watt amp?

what you need to do is find someone with an o-scope.

set your head unit to where you like it for pounding

then turn up your sub amp untill you see clipping.

then just don't go over that ever.

when you want to be louder then get a real amp.

but even with real amp you need to set up with an o-scope.

to be honest i set mine up with an o-scope and then turned it down to about half of that.

and i just run a q15 with a saz 1500d.

it is too darn loud in my suv.

quick question

do you plan on running another amp for your front speakers?

if not then in my opinion your all ready looking for too much bass.

a bl is louder than my q, you better get a helmet

and most of us have been in your position money wise.

the best thing you can do is buy good stuff the first time, just get it one piece at a time.

you cant aford to get something and find out it is not all that you wanted

all of this advice has been good advice so far and if you follow it you will prob own your setup longer than your car.

and having more power than you need sound great but you have to learn to only use what you need.

good luck.

alright so i went to a local shop and priced out some other amps. There is a JBL (forgot the model number) supposedly puts out 1600 rms, so i would get what roughly 1200 give or take, true power? or is jbl a good amp. it is priced 599, but being that i know the guy he said 350 and if i want a 5 year warranty 60 dollars. So i figure i am going to go with that amp. What do you think?

JBL is pretty good, you should get full RMS. Is it a crown series?

No need to worry about downsizing the wire to fit into the amp. You can keep that 1/0 to 4 gauge adapter on there forever. It doesn't hurt.

well as of now. it is between the sundown 1500d (refurb) or the new jbl amp for about 350, plus 60 for a 5 year warranty. so either or.

oh and would that be alright on the 15" BL, or would it be cutting it close for too much power (the jbl)

Edited by AJG

If you kept the gain in check it would be fine. The sundown is 1500 watts too, anyways, so not really a difference in the two.

i guess I would rather play it safe, and go with the sundown imo. Being that the sundown is so highly talked of. So BL 15" with the 1500d most likely. Will i need a power supply or a back up battery? I am going to run 1/0 gauge, and upgrade my big 3 with 1/0.

I know what ya meant, by grounding it to the frame. Most people that have put systems into a cavalier, use a ring terminal with a self taping screw and a locknut in the spare tire well area. But my current amp is ground to my seatbelt bolt.

Figure order 25ft or 30? Thats ground/power/big 3. Think that would be enough 1/0 gauge?

yeah that will be plenty.....

and groundin to sheet metal or a fender well may work for a sony 1000 watt.. but not a saz 1500d....

I have sheet metal that's bonded to the frame, works quite well as both a ground for the amplifiers and as a ground plane for the antennas :)

i guess I would rather play it safe, and go with the sundown imo. Being that the sundown is so highly talked of. So BL 15" with the 1500d most likely. Will i need a power supply or a back up battery? I am going to run 1/0 gauge, and upgrade my big 3 with 1/0.

i would throw another cell in to be safe... as jim stated sheet metel may work. but IMO my gamble,

but i give alot of shitty advice accordin to some people here. thats why i try to allways put... "i think" or "IMO"

that way its not a fact just thought in my head.

i'm just going to ground to my current position right now. A seatbelt bolt. 150 more dollars and the car is paid for :-), then insurance. THEN! 1/0 wiring done this winter and possibly have the sub/enclosure in january. and maybe the sundown in april.

one more thing

d1 ohm or d2 ohm?

My current amp is only 2 ohm stable, and I will be running the Bl on it for a few months. The sundown is 1 ohm, correct? So which one should I get and how to wire it down to what I need.

Since you're going with the sundown long-term, you'll want to get dual 2. Just wire it in series for a 4 ohm load on your current amp. It won't get as much power, but the amp will be able to handle it. Then wire the sub's voice coils in parallel for 1 ohm when you get the sundown.