krazzyboy44

in search of a groundpounder

i know everyone favors ported boxes but what will be the best choice four sealed 15's or four ported 12's? im not competing just for daily pounding?

Edited by krazzyboy44

know everyone favors ported boxes

Eh, not quite :)

Since accuracy doesn't seem like it's too high on your priority list, and you aren't concerned about being placed in specific classes, I would get as much cone area as you can afford and can fit properly in your space. What specific drivers doesn't matter all that much, just get something that can take the amount of power you're planning on sending them...

know everyone favors ported boxes

Eh, not quite :)

Since accuracy doesn't seem like it's too high on your priority list, and you aren't concerned about being placed in specific classes, I would get as much cone area as you can afford and can fit properly in your space. What specific drivers doesn't matter all that much, just get something that can take the amount of power you're planning on sending them...

i dont want an all out spl system..so 15's are not accurate?

so 15's are not accurate?

Didn't say that, just that I don't put the phrases "daily pounding", "groundpounder" and "accuracy" together, usually :)

Stop using terminology and describe what you are looking for. Your request is nonsensical and cannot be answered.

Can you give us a little more detail? Forget the box design or style for the moment. What is your end goal? Is it all about output? Do you want output with a non-peaky response? Do you just want a ton of drivers for the fun of it?

Also, amplifier plans, space available, vehicle this is going in would help.

im want a LOUD daily driver. im not competing so im not worried about numbers just something loud and dependable that sound good that can take abuse. i have 13.5 cubes to work with in a 1989 caprice...i have two zx2500's and im looking for a 40.1 if i can find one

With that space and power 2 15" AQ HDC's would POUND and can sound very good for daily if tuned right...

2 15 inch bls will give you what your looking for...

i put my 2 15's against 4 15s all the time...thay never win....

im not talking comps just street beaters.

im want a LOUD daily driver. im not competing so im not worried about numbers just something loud and dependable that sound good that can take abuse. i have 13.5 cubes to work with in a 1989 caprice...i have two zx2500's and im looking for a 40.1 if i can find one

that's enough for two low Qts 18's

take my word for it, just get a pair.

i was talking to a few guys on different fourms and they told go with three ported 15's they will have more output than four sealed 15's

Impossible to know that for sure.

they people around here perfer sealed...they guy across the street told me a while back ''GO SEALED PORTED BOXES LEAK TO MUCH AIR''

Is he a mongoloid? Why are you listening?

You are going to get the same type of answers here you did on CSO.

Don't forget that you already have 8 12s, right? Well again, even if they are crappy ones a pair of any 15s will have tough time keeping up...

Do your homework and you will know when people are giving you information they pulled out of thier ass.

Read the Loudspeaker design Cook Book by Vance Dickason, think about it for a few days and then re-post your question. You can get the book many places on line, like Amazon.com.

they people around here perfer sealed...they guy across the street told me a while back ''GO SEALED PORTED BOXES LEAK TO MUCH AIR''

Those damn ports make all the air leak out.......

This is going in my sig...

very wise man that told you that.

as for what you said about three ported vs 4 sealed.

i told you i put my two 15's up against people with 4 15's all the time....

4 15's in a trunk < 2 15s in my trunk

4 15s in an suv < 2 15s in my trunk

i can list systems for you all day that i have victored.

im not saying that im the loudest there is.

but put me with against a man that states ports leak to much air and ill stand champion.

put me against a man with 4 15s in a poorly made box with a 2000 watt pyle and a 8 gauge power wire and ill rain success.

MORE is not allways the key.

i would bet to say that your 8 12's would kneel in a battle against a well built 2 sub system......... try it.. prove me wrong.

id get 2 18" fi BTLs

hold on bigjohn...so u tellin me u beat a truck with 4 15's? what kinda subs, amp, combo? are u talkin db's?

Edited by dtp_on_24s