fobanginvtek

Fi Q or Fi SSD

I am planning on getting a Fi Q or a Fi SSD. I am getting a 12'' I am pretty sure. I got a Autotek 1000.1 amp coming in the mail soon. I an aiming for LSQ but I would like some decent SPL as well. I dont wanna break the bank. Does anyone have any personal experiences with the Q and SSD? Please let me know. Thanks!

Edited by fobanginvtek

yeah same here im looking to get an SSD, i just need a 1000Wrms amp

I am planning on getting a Fi Q or a Fi SSD. I am getting a 12'' I am pretty sure. I got a Autotek 1000.1 amp coming in the mail soon. I an aiming for LSQ but I would like some decent SPL as well. I dont wanna break the bank. Does anyone have any personal experiences with the Q and SSD? Please let me know. Thanks!

This post gives us absolutely none of the information required to help you at all. My guess is you don't even know what LSQ or SQL or any semblance of anything near it is, to use either term it is 100% necessary to describe the whole system and not just the sub setup. Why don't you start over and describe what you want without using any industry buzzwords.

I have 2 ssd's and a sundown 1500d amp they sound amazing really bump and together the 2 subs cost 388 shipped with copper coils. M5 I know where you're going with this but there are a lot of newbs and you can't answer people like that man don't be an arseho. I learned a lot on this sight thanks to you and others but dang.

Edited by scizzle

What I meant was the Sound Quality and the Sound Pressure Level. I tried to edit, but it wasn't going to the words i wanted to? iono lol. I will run the Autotek 1000.1 Amp with a 2 Farad Capacitor with PG 4gauge amp wiring kit. I am aiming for a DECENT SQ sub with DCENT SPL, such as a w6 or w7. I am not in that price range though. Thats why I am asking for personal experiences with the 12'' SSD and 12'' Q series.

Either one will satisfy what you're looking for. They both have the potential to get loud given the right enclosure and they both will sound good enough for you. Unless you are a sq nut, put one of those in their recommended ported enclosure and enjoy! That will accomplish the "LSQ" you are looking for. When I see someone newer to the site say "LSQ" I interpret it as they want to get loud without sounding like crap.

I just recently bought a ssd 12 and couldn't be happier. It's used in a daily driver and hits loud 138+ with music tested with a term lab mic, and 600watts rms. The sound qualtiy is good and they will do spl to if you get the flat wound coil,(which mine have) for more power handling. They also go very low we used a 38 hz test tone and we got 139.3db. for a single 12 on 600 watts can't ask for much more. Mine cost me 240 CDN with shipping.

i have 1 12" SSD in my home theater. it sounds amazing, but i have heard so much about the Q. They are not THAT far apart in price either.

What I meant was the Sound Quality and the Sound Pressure Level. I tried to edit, but it wasn't going to the words i wanted to? iono lol. I will run the Autotek 1000.1 Amp with a 2 Farad Capacitor with PG 4gauge amp wiring kit. I am aiming for a DECENT SQ sub with DCENT SPL, such as a w6 or w7. I am not in that price range though. Thats why I am asking for personal experiences with the 12'' SSD and 12'' Q series.

Both have the ability to sound great and have strong output. But the results depend more so on the install and the power you plan to run.

I am guessing you are probably leaning towards a ported enclosure. I would suggest, dropping the capacitor and upgrading to 1/0 power and ground wire. As for the two different Fi drivers, the SSD is a great all around driver, and many people run them sealed and have very clean sound out of them, and many people who own the Q, run them ported and send a ton of power to them and have good numbers on the mic. Now, those are on the opposite ends of the design and intentions of the sub woofers, but I am trying to make a point about it being all in the install.

I would either run the SSD w/copper coil option, in a larger low tuned ported box, or the Q (stock) in a well built sealed box. :)

Thanks for your input guys. Yeah I cant tell you my plans for the exact set up, but most likely I am going to get a ported enclosure. Its a tough decision...But I am hearing more GREAT reviews for the SSD....tough one..

Thanks for your input guys. Yeah I cant tell you my plans for the exact set up, but most likely I am going to get a ported enclosure. Its a tough decision...But I am hearing more GREAT reviews for the SSD....tough one..

My friend has a 15" SSD without BP and its only running on 600rms and sounds damn loud for that amount of power

i have a 12" Q w/ BP power in a 2.26cuft ported encl. tuned to 34hz running off about 1200 clean watts from a cheap hifonics 1608d. i have yet to get it mic'd but its loud enough to shake ur vision and the tonal accuracy is absolutely incredible. this driver will play anything i can throw at it.... from gorilla zoe to impending doom, from young jeezy to with blood comes cleansing, its an incredible driver... no i have no experience with the SSD but i can assure you that you cannot go wrong with the Q for your application. its fi's unsung hero, and in my opinion an ideal daily driver

I had a Q and it was good for SQ. Really didn't get loud like I wanted it to and I didn't feel like pushing it. But yeah the Q was a lil /wimpy/ imo.