Sign in to follow this  
H2Camaro

Dual 12" Mag D2 in my camaro

Whats goin on guys. I have yet to experience a mag in person but im already convinced that i want a couple :P . Now i just have to wait for them to come out again. Im planning to put them in the rear-well of my '95 camaro ported. Not sure what size enclosure or tuning yet though. I will be powering them w/ a Orion 1200d @ .5 ohms and 14.7 volts. Im hoping around 800+ per sub. Just wondering what you guys rec'd for a VERY loud daily as i know i dont have to worry about the SQ...ITS A MAGNUM B)

Not sure exactly how many cubes i can squeeze out of the back, im guessing around 4.7.

Whats goin on guys. I have yet to experience a mag in person but im already convinced that i want a couple :P . Now i just have to wait for them to come out again. Im planning to put them in the rear-well of my '95 camaro ported. Not sure what size enclosure or tuning yet though. I will be powering them w/ a Orion 1200d @ .5 ohms and 14.7 volts. Im hoping around 800+ per sub. Just wondering what you guys rec'd for a VERY loud daily as i know i dont have to worry about the SQ...ITS A MAGNUM B)

Not sure exactly how many cubes i can squeeze out of the back, im guessing around 4.7.

I was going to suggest you talk to Sundownz (jake) but then you mentioned you want to be loud...so that is gone...

Talk to Nick about it....he'll set you straight...

I would suggest 3 cubes sealed for a pair of 12's..but the more, the better....

True, i do want it loud. But not at the expence of most SQ. I am just saying that i want it loud as possible while still sounding great. Im not going to be competing or anything...just want an awesome daily setup.

I listen to a good mix of rock and rap so i dont want it to be a low-note wonder. I was thinking maybe 32hz(ish).

True, i do want it loud. But not at the expence of most SQ. I am just saying that i want it loud as possible while still sounding great. Im not going to be competing or anything...just want an awesome daily setup.

I listen to a good mix of rock and rap so i dont want it to be a low-note wonder. I was thinking maybe 32hz(ish).

yea i would stay around 32-35hz that way youll hit more notes that way....

are you goin to be useing fiberglass???

jamie

No as of now, im just going to be building a "cleanest fit as possible in a camaro" type box :rolleyes: I may end up going with the higher tuning..35hz...due to my limited space. Or i may use several aeroports so i can change them out if i ever decide to get metered :P ngsm13 rec'd that if i do dual chamber i give them 2 cubes each and 4 cubes if i do common chamber.

XTREMEMEASURES....i thought that i pm'd you but its not showing up in my sent box??? I just wanted to know how the triple 12" D2 camaro setup ever worked out?

Depending on exactly how you want to build the well will determine how much space you have. I built 2 enclosures for a '95 Z so far and the most I was able to get was 3.6 cubes using .75" MDF. Now this is just building up from the bottom to level out where the stock panel covers the well, but you could use part of the floor over the gastank and gain quite a bit more.

My buddy is currently running a 15" Magnum in this car with a MMATS D200HC on it and it's quite unbearable. Two 12s sealed will be more than you'll need. I wouldn't even bother with the vented enclosure.

If you want to use glass, you're options are pretty much limitless. That's what I used on the last enclosure, and if you check out one of the other sections, you can see a SWEET ASS box that XTRmeasures made for his eDuh subs.

XTREMEMEASURES....i thought that i pm'd you but its not showing up in my sent box??? I just wanted to know how the triple 12" D2 camaro setup ever worked out?

i was goin to, but the customer changed his mind...

but it wouldnt be hard if i use fiberglass for the box...

good luck

jamie

3.7 sounds about right, i guess i was being a little optimistic. But i did built a box for my 15 h2 that was around 4+ untill i cut it down to 3 cubes sealed. Now, i have a 1200d and a 15 h2 sealed, and i want louder. I think something is wrong w/ the box though as the sub hits really deep but just doesnt get all that loud...i only hit a 137 on the New Tl w/ 1200 watts :unsure: Not sure if its something in the wiring or what.

As for fiberglassing i have never had any experience w/ that and i dont think i want to do anything "permenant" to my car. Theoretically(...ie, educated guess ;}) what do you guys think dual 12 d2 sealed and ported around 35hz would hit? I know that this can varie quite a bit but im just looking for an idea.

3.7 sounds about right, i guess i was being a little optimistic. But i did built a box for my 15 h2 that was around 4+ untill i cut it down to 3 cubes sealed. Now, i have a 1200d and a 15 h2 sealed, and i want louder. I think something is wrong w/ the box though as the sub hits really deep but just doesnt get all that loud...i only hit a 137 on the New Tl w/ 1200 watts :unsure:   Not sure if its something in the wiring or what.

As for fiberglassing i have never had any experience w/ that and i dont think i want to do anything "permenant" to my car. Theoretically(...ie, educated guess ;}) what do you guys think dual 12 d2 sealed and ported around 35hz would hit? I know that this can varie quite a bit but im just looking for an idea.

As for numbers, no idea. Here's a photo of my buddy's Z. Now this is only one MAG 15 in a 2.3 cube box. IT's loud. I have another friend who is hitting 144s in a GrandAm with three 10" MTX 8000s and this is louder by ear. Mic, no idea, but by ear, the camaro wins.

Z3.jpg

Z1.jpg

As for the glassing being permanent, it doesn't have to be that way. This install is removable in under 10 minutes and has no effect on the resale value. Nothing had to be cut or anything. Just a mold, and everything is plug-and-play. What year Camaro do you have?

I remember that install, I really like it

Very clean install. Tirefryr...i have a '95 camaro...same design as the one in the pic. As for glassing, i may be into trying it. I have no experience w/ it and wouldnt know where to start :huh:

with glass id start on something small to get used to it...

for some its not easy for others like myself its as easy as putting on my pants....lol

good luck

jamie

you shouldn't have a problem in that hatch....trust me, anything's possible in there. You can go big, or you can put a single d2 in about 1 cu. ft. and it will still blow your mind. :) I wouldn't know about that 1 cu. ft. thing, though. ;)

josh

I would say 1-12 ported was quite enough for me in the hatch... but 2? good luck :D

I would say 1-12 ported was quite enough for me in the hatch... but 2? good luck :D

:4123357f3da0f6e125a54:

Well, ive recently had a change of heart on my amp. Im getting an Orion 2500d to power these puppies when they come out :faintthud:

So basically, for daily ill be running them @ 2ohms..each seeing roughly 800-900 each. Then, if im feeling a little crazy or want to put up some #'s, ill wire them @ .5 ohms to get 1500+ each :slayer:

It sould get fairly loud :cool32:

That's gonna hurt. I like it, but I'd never be one to sit in your ride.

Look at Clark saying I don't do loud... *laughs*

I used to have a trio of 12" Magnums in my F-Body hatch sealed. That was pretty darn loud. Dual 12s vented would be silly loud, good luck with it!

Thanks, im really not 100% sure what im going to do right now, im just waiting for the new prices to come out..lol.

I guess ill just play around w/ my h2 and 2500d till then.

BTW...any chance you have pics of that setup?