Joseph M

Mixing Batteries...bad idea?

Most likely not. Unless one is near the end of its life and isn't holding charge well, then it might start draining the other battery too.

you are always suppose to use an isolator or some form of it to isolate the front from the rear...

99% of the time, the front battery compared to the rear battery has been installed and used in different durations. Other factors include different float voltages, different technologies, etc.... A solenoid is cheap and they help prevent premature failure.

i run three diffrent type of agm cells.... a yellow a red and an off brand... no problems.... i have went thru a few ho alts.. but i think thats all my fault... with the a/c blowing headlights on and playin audio hard... just my sub amp alone pulls 300 amps so its expected.

hc2400 and odyssey 1800 no problems here

just my sub amp alone pulls 300 amps so its expected.

Not regularly on music it doesn't.

mines does :wub:

lol or not p=ei 5k=12*i i=419.....or at 14 v its only pulls 357a, woooha

My sub amp is putting out 120 watts, beat that! :P

no... not just playing some music show off songs like young jeezy i forget the one song that pulls like crazy...

but your right not every song pulls 300 amps.

mines does :wub:

lol or not p=ei 5k=12*i i=419.....or at 14 v its only pulls 357a, woooha

Unless you clamped the draw with peak hold on, you have no idea what it draws. You can sit and try to calculate all day and that means jack. Also, if it makes more power at 14v (and most do) it probably draws considerably more current at 14 than at 12V.

hc2400 and odyssey 1800 no problems here

You 100% on this? I have an Odssey 2150, i'm after a 2nd battery to run parallel, another odyssey is worth $800 but i got a good offer on a hc2400, but havent taken it up since i didnt think it would be ok. Any advice?

I have a question similar to the one in this tread. What is the benefit of getting a Kinetic Power Cell over just a regular Optima Yellow Top as secondary batteries? Wouldn't the Yellow top be better in daily enviorment because of how it was designed to drain all the way down and charge back up without being damaged? Shouldn't that come in better use for those long bass notes? sorry if it seems a little cluttered.

I have a question similar to the one in this tread. What is the benefit of getting a Kinetic Power Cell over just a regular Optima Yellow Top as secondary batteries? Wouldn't the Yellow top be better in daily enviorment because of how it was designed to drain all the way down and charge back up without being damaged? Shouldn't that come in better use for those long bass notes? sorry if it seems a little cluttered.

i prefer the kinetik myself but they are both deep cycle agm batts so

no... not just playing some music show off songs like young jeezy i forget the one song that pulls like crazy...

but your right not every song pulls 300 amps.

actually if ran at 1 ohm i believe the 3000d pulls out max draw around 277 amps FYI and i highly doubt you are at exactly 1 ohm. but this is just fyi. fyi fyi fyi