grandhustle575

just got a lanzar opti4000d.. what do i do now?

i have two fi ssd 15's running at 600rms each on a pheonix gold 1200.1 and it just isnt pounding enough for me

i wanted to give the fi's a little more so i was looking for a new amp. i wanted to give them anywhere from 800-1000 each. i came across an amazing deal and got a brand new opti4000d which retails for about $900-1200 and i got it for $300. i just couldnt pass it up.. i know there are mixed opinions on the opti's but for the most part i hear they are decent.

now heres the question.. 3000 watts at 2 ohms is too much to give to my ssd's. what do you think i should do? im totally down for new subs.. or i can sell the opti and make like $500 for a new amp. i love the fi's and was thinking about maybe a single btl 15 at 3000rms.. i like sq, but crave spl haha.

by the way. the opti's specs are : 2000 at 4ohms - 3000 at 2 - 4000 at 1

Edited by D-rok

..two fi ssd 15's

.... i wanted to give them anywhere from 800-1000 each...

..WOT ? no no ...

..what car??electrical ?

...sell the SSDs .... and buy: -1 or 2 BTLs or 2 HAVOCs ...

do not give those ssd's 3000 watts unless you want to make them smoke.

the opti's are powerful amps that will do rated. you just got to remember they are rated at 14.4v.

i would get new subs if i was in your position, and sell the ssd's to help offset the cost on the new ones.

why not just restrict the power output of the amp to what the SSD's can handle.

MOST of the optis do rated power.... barely but i would run them if i had em.

The Opti2000d did 1,940 somethin watts @0.5 ohm which is just shy of it's 2000w rating.

The Opti6000D however which is rated for 6,000w @1ohm 14.4v didn't even break 5,000w so i'm wondering if the 4000d is really as powerful as they say.

I know the 4000d shared the same board as the 6,500w Soundstream so it prob does it's power then, must be the 6000d which is a lie...

How in the world did you get a 4000d for $300? You can't even get a used, refurbished broken amp for that price.

Seriously though, that amp should be put on the BTLs, not the SSD unless you wanna run 4 of them.

yeah i think i wanna go with new subs. how would a single btl 15 do with 3000 watts compared to my ssd's? i have a 02 grand cherokee and my amp now doesnt drain enough power for electrical upgrades.. i have 0 gauge wire and my alt does like 140 i think and i have a badass battery. i would definately have to go with a new alt or some batteries to power the opti. whats the cheapest solution for power?

turn the gain down....

chit, i thought i was pushing it with 1200 watts to the SSD. lol.