Sign in to follow this  
SynCity

Which way to position the box?

so heres the deal. 2 SSAicon 12's . 2 Phoenix Gold V1502's. i'm not 100% sure but it seems like a 1.5 (i think) 2 12 sealed box. the amount of power the SSA's are amazing. anyways so i have a 98 malibu (folding back seats) right now i have the subs facing the back. i'm sick of having the box sliding around and afraid of damage so i'm going to put some L brackets to brace it. but first should i have the subs facing the back or should they be facing the front?

Just a quick idea, why not try it out before bolting them down & see if ya like it firing forward? ;)

Majority of the time it sounds better firing toward the rear, but give it a try anyway.

Isn't it better to have the subs facing the rear? You would get more dBs that way because its bouncing off the rear and coming forward. Thats just what I heard. Correct me if I am wrong.

I also tried the firing the subs to the front but thought that every time people wanted to see my subs i couldn't show them from the trunk.

Just my $0.02

The reading on a SPL mic should not matter as only a few increments are not picked up by the ear anyway. As mentioned above, try both directions. I would suggest trying to add a little sound deadening in your trunk with those subs. ;)

While your'e at it, why not try sideways as well? I've seen that suggested and claimed to be the best option sometimes. It's not that much work, just a bit of listening.