Sign in to follow this  
30hrtz

ixl 15 2.2

Thanks Mark for the response on ca.com about my delimah of sub desicions.I got the maw in a rather large box.4cuftplus port of 64sq in x20 long so roughfly 5.5cuft.total. it sounds great and gets pretty loud and low.I like it a lot but always want more.I love the enclosure and am just looking to upgrade sub for more output and wiring flexibility/get to 1ohm.opinions and experience with the ixl 15 seems very very limited.Its going in an s-10 with blowthru.i had origianally bought 2 maws but only used 1 sold the other.I really like the looks of this ixl 15.whats your take on it.like i said,box may be alittle bigger than you recommend,but the maw loves it.i like the sq just want louder.ixl just seems logical.giving the maw 800rms no probs,ixl will see 1200rms at 1ohm.thanks,anybody have any spl#s with the ixl series?

Hmmm...

Certainly a tough call, since I do not know much (nothing) about the Type R except all the raves from the volume guys. The recommended box sizes are a guideline for folks to get started.

You seem to have a fairly high tuning, so if the MAW was doing well for you, the IXL will do better (it will peak higher resulting in more output with the same power applied).

Not sure if you caught this but a guy is selling a brand new IXL-15 on ca.com - you might want to check it out...

m

I say go for it. I just got my ixl-12. I havent put it in yet, hopefully today. I'll be going from a maw-15 with about 800 watts to the ixl-12 with 1000-1200 watts, I'll let you know how it is. But by the looks of it and the few reviews out there, it should live up to the mach 5 reputation ;)

No one can put a number on your installation but you, but I can tell you that you will love the IXL's!

I say go for it. I just got my ixl-12. I havent put it in yet, hopefully today. I'll be going from a maw-15 with about 800 watts to the ixl-12 with 1000-1200 watts, I'll let you know how it is. But by the looks of it and the few reviews out there, it should live up to the mach 5 reputation ;)

keep me informed,im wanting to order a sub SOON!thanks

i just wish the tinsel leads were integrated into the spyders.looks like theyd slap or be too short on high excursion.

I've been torturing mine in a home theater sub and that hasn't been a problem.

Likewise with my IXL-10.