Sign in to follow this  
Dee

Fi Bl or Q

I am looking into getting a 18" Fi Bl or Q for daily use. Just a little caught in between the two right now. Is going in a Hyundai xg300 powered by a kicker zx1500.1. my only concern is space(32w 17h 33d) those are external demolitions before displacements

if i go with the bl it has to have a ported box and they tend to be bigger than regular sealed boxes. i would prefer to do this by making a deep box that takes up my whole trunk but at the same time i wont be able to slide it in easily or at all

if i go with the Q i am sure i can get a sealed box made that will fit in probably with a little poly fill. Only concern with that is even with the BP power option will it be able to handel a little over 1500w on a daily bases.

Local Car shops want to sacrifice my back seat but thats not an option right now. Thanks in advance

Only concern with that is even with the BP power option will it be able to handel a little over 1500w on a daily bases.

Why do you think you need that much power?

i alredy have the amp rite now hooked up to my L5s and just want to replace the subs

Edited by Dee

Just because an amp can do a certain amount of power, doesn't mean you have to set it up that way. If all you need to accomplish what you want is 1kW, then that's it :)

That's why i am asking is because i didn't want to blow any thing .( like my type r 12's 3 times) And would it just be easier to get the Q and wire it down some and get roughly 750-800 something watts

That's why i am asking is because i didn't want to blow any thing .( like my type r 12's 3 times) And would it just be easier to get the Q and wire it down some and get roughly 750-800 something watts

sounds like user error..... and if you dont learn what your doing to those subs to blow them... history will repeat its self.

If you are looking for more output, the BL would be a better choice.

To me is sounds like the BL will be more your best choice of the selection. But make sure you set the gains on the amplifier correctly and the box is to suggested specs. Don't want to blow another driver. :)

i blew the R's because i had em hooked up to a t1500d..but enclosure wise should i just build the box inside the car or how should i go about doing that. I was barely able to squeeze the box for my L5's in

From the looks of it i won't be able to fit an 18 in my trunk easily at all..the box would just be too big..unless anyone has an idea on how to go about building one. I might have to settle for one BTL 15, or re audio MX 15.. if properly hooked up then (SPL wise) can you make a btl 15 or MX 15 as loud or louder than a properly hooked up bl 18 in a daily listening environment?

From the looks of it i won't be able to fit an 18 in my trunk easily at all..the box would just be too big..unless anyone has an idea on how to go about building one. I might have to settle for one BTL 15, or re audio MX 15.. if properly hooked up then (SPL wise) can you make a btl 15 or MX 15 as loud or louder than a properly hooked up bl 18 in a daily listening environment?

Is it a problem with the whole box size? Or just getting it into the trunk... If it's just getting it into the trunk, you could build your box in maybe 2 or 3 separate pieces. That way you can easily get them inside your trunk. From there you piece it together while in your trunk. It will be a pain in the ass but it is a possibility. If you do it that way then your box will be virtually unstealable :)

It is a problem with getting it to go in. How would I go about doing that though? Build the Bottom and walls then put the top on? Or Putting one wall on the bottom and one on the top and going from there? Or is there a better way?

But if that fails would a 15 hooked up the right way yeald the same result

Edited by Dee

any body?

i have 1 x fi-q15" d2 coil no option

on a saz-1500d

in my explorer

and i have the amp turnd down so much you wouldn't believe it if you saw it .

i first set it with the oscope to be nowhere close to clipping no matter what settings,

then put the remote gain in and set it to music and after about three weeks use i have ended up at about

20-25 % on the remote.

this setting is shaking my windows and sound great doing it.

and honestly it will play lower than i care for so i set my subsonic filter higher.

even when i show it off i only turn the remote to 40-50% tops.

so i have no doubt that the saz1500d could power 2x q15" and sound great.

by the way i have run my q ported and sealed and both sounded great and super loud.

the bl might even be louder if you realy need it.

maybe it an suv thing but thats my $.02 worth

from testing the box design then building it (and mind you i'm no master woodworker) but the boxes tend to be tuned higher then what the RE calculator says... just the port tuning was off a little.... could be builder error...

The one we use and is fairly accurate is this one (well accurate in regards to tuning)

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

from testing the box design then building it (and mind you i'm no master woodworker) but the boxes tend to be tuned higher then what the RE calculator says... just the port tuning was off a little.... could be builder error...

The one we use and is fairly accurate is this one (well accurate in regards to tuning)

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

ya i have heard it can be up to 2hrz above or below what u are trying to achive when using re calc.... never did the math my self... but seen alot of people use it and be satisfied