Sign in to follow this  
Foxmoto

Port Direction

Hey guys, my friend has a Ford Ranger and he asked me if having the port facing the door or roof would be louder. And I decided to ask on here for him. Reason because he is getting a box designed, what would the pros/cons of having it facing either way be?

Thanks in advance.

If you are truly chasing tenths you are going to need to build more than one box to find out. Perhaps someone on here has had a Ranger and might know for their box, although that doesn't mean it will be the same for his. I assume that his is an extended cab? Either way where are you putting said box?

yes, should have stated it is an extended cab. The sub will be behind the drivers seat firing towards it.

what year? i made one for my buddies ext. cab, around 2.5 cubes at 30hz while still having room for one person in the back.

port side, sub up works well in most pickups...

you really just need to test..

I normally make a cheapie box out of .5" mdf with a cheap eight or ten mounted and just keep changing port location/sub orientation until I find the "sweet spot"

rushnrun made me a box design for my 18" btl and i have it sub up with side firing port, right now its firing to the drivers side, more air flow over there obviously, but it still is loud on passenger side. i've also heard rear firing in a truck works wonders too.