Sign in to follow this  
manbeer

good us acoustic amp for my tweets?

I'm planning a basic active setup for the time being and currently have a USX-2150 (old style, no blue LED) to run my mids with. Looking for something similar to run tweeters (Seas 27TFFNC) and since i love matching i was thinking of something from the same series anything from 75-150 rms/channel. I'm looking into a set of AA mids. Any advice regarding this, should i aim for a little less power on the tweeter or go about the same? i've done it both ways but i'm not familiar with these tweeters so i figured i would look for some input. they are rated at 90w continuous i believe, but i know that means very little. Also it's highly dependent on what happens to be available at the time. Are the internals on the models with the LED inferior? from what i can recall they were not supposed to be zed but a few people said they actually were. Also if you have an older US that is similar that you are looking to get rid of let me know :)

Thanks!

I wouldn't be too worried about the power level on the tweets. 50W and up should be fine. Unless you're trying to attract bats you'll be dialing down the top end relative to the midbass :)

Yep the gain knob is your friend. If you find the same amp go ahead and use it, if not something smaller will be fine too.

There was a USA-2050 on ebay. :)

problem i am having is that most of the ones i find with the same heatsink have that damn blue light that i don't want. there is one identical 2150 to mine right now but it's pretty beat looking :(

anyone know of any differences internally on the the USX with and w/o the LED?

I believe the LED's were not ZED made, but they could be similar in design.

I would stay away from the ones with LEDs. I had them and it wasn't awesome. After about six months I took it out and threw it against the pavement several times, if that gives you any indication.