Sign in to follow this  
IamDeMan

Old School RF IB install

I noticed I never posted this here and thought some here who don't visit the other site may enjoy it. It's and old school RF build in my wifes Camry. She wanted all old school RF equipment because she liked the look of them when I used them in her first car in the early to mid 90s. I couldn't argue because I like their performance. I chose IB on the subs to keep as much trunk for her as possible. The only piece that isn't old school is the 3sixty. I couldn't see using a symmetry unit over the 3sixty. Symmetry was only a little less than getting the 3sixty and the 3sixty has way more flexibility.

Equipment.

staceysrf005qf3.jpg

staceysrf007nk4.jpg

rfwoof001.jpg

rfwoof002.jpg

rfwoof004.jpg

hu003.jpg

4080012.jpg

wiremini.jpg

Flame if you all want. This wasn't meant for deadening. I wasn't spending good money on deadening for a lease in the attorneys name my wife works for. This was only done to seal as much of the trunk as possible from the cabin. This stuff is butyl and may have some deadening characteristics but it is so thin that it will be minimal. It did what I wanted it to.

seal005.jpg

seal004.jpg

seal003.jpg

seal002.jpg

seal001.jpg

Dialed in the delay and channel levels today as well as the XO points/slopes. I need to take some base measurements and start setting the EQ now. The EQ is a litttle intimidating to me. I haven't had this many bands on each channel before.

headunitinstall001-1.jpg

headunitinstall002-1.jpg

headunitinstall003.jpg

headunitinstall004.jpg

headunitinstall005.jpg

Played with the EQ today. I have one word for that many bands for each channel, TEDIOUS. What's sad about it though is I feel it is missing some paras. The 3sixty.2 is nice, but they really need to add at least 5 para bands with fully adjustable freq. and width. After a day of playing, this is where I ended up for now. These old school comps really needed some eq. The sub was relatively flat out of the box though.

response.jpg

I will be adding carpet behind the 3sixty unit to cover the cheap protecto wrap. All in all I am pretty happy with the finished setup. It isn't for bassheads as the output would sorely disappoint them. It sounds really nice though.

DUDE, Awesome install using oldschool and newschool.

I like it a lot. And I love that you went active. Great Job.

DUDE, Awesome install using oldschool and newschool.

I like it a lot. And I love that you went active. Great Job.

Active is just so nice. I can't see using passive XOs again. It can be tediosu on the initial setup but the sound is just spot on when dialed in. I love the 3sixty.2 unit.

that is awesome

Thanks.

This may be one of my favorite installs I've seen in a while!

Great work to say the very least. I love the old school RF. I just love the look of those amps!

Just frigging sweet!

This may be one of my favorite installs I've seen in a while!

Great work to say the very least. I love the old school RF. I just love the look of those amps!

Just frigging sweet!

I love the look of the ol school BBQ grill RF amps. Besides the 1st gen POWER amps, these are my favorites. I would have done 1st gen power, but that was too rich for my blood on a lease. I am on the lookout for a 250m2 to replace the 200DSM, other than that the hardware is perfect.

Nice setup :)

What software dod you use for the RTA?

Nice setup :)

What software dod you use for the RTA?

roomeq.

Edited by IamDeMan