Sign in to follow this  
basshead08

aq hdc315

I am considering selling my Icon 15 and getting an audioque hdc3 15. Before I make a decision I would like to know if anyone knows the suggested airspace and tuning on the AQ's. My current box is 3.5 cu ft. tuned to 30 hz. Will that work for the aq also? Also I would like to hear some opinions on trading the subs out because I have gotten very curious about aq after I got m aq 1200.1 and saw the quality of their products. My main goal is to be loud daily.

Sounds like you could probably raise your tuning to 35 or 40Hz and be satisfied with the AQ.

3.5 - 4.5 will work with the HDC. 35-40hz tuning for daily. It'll take the 1200D like it's nothing, so you might consider a 2200D especially in a box that small.

I've built several HDC enlosures this Summer, ranging from 2 18's to 2 12's. Very impressive subs for the $$$. Can also sound very good in the right enclosure.

I had a chance to hear a pair of 12" Icons the other week and my 2 15" HDC's sounded better and got MUCH louder....

in my experience, if you are looking for nice quality sound, a 1000-1500w amp per HDC3 is perfect.

Anything higher, you'll probably go outside of the linear movement.

They can take upwards of around 3k per sub but at these levels, you aren't worried about linear response.