RobClay

2 15's Setup 2400watts. updated

ok so my friend is selling his p2's and and gettin a good deal on another MTX thunder 1200W amp and 2 t1 15's with this box plan i made, and 1 optima yellow top.

heres his current setup

l_ec54707ab29ab317a55814c3c1eac1da.jpg

The dimensions are in the picture..

Tylers215s-1.jpg

tell me what yall think about the box plan and all;)

How many square inch of port?

156 square inches from the front of the port to the back of the box on the inside, thats without the baffles

and heres the final plan/drawing ill be starting maybe this weekend. gotta go buy tha mdf..

DSC04134.jpg

156 square inches from the front of the port to the back of the box on the inside, thats without the baffles

?

Port area is the size of the opening to the port on the front baffle. By the looks of it you have 123 sq. inches.

I think you're a little off there. Looking at your picture, if you used 3/4" MDf, your port is 123 sq in.

I think you're a little off there. Looking at your picture, if you used 3/4" MDf, your port is 123 sq in.

ye my bad haha i was in a hurry ta get outa tha house i kinda estimated.. how do yall think its gonna sound.. im pretty cofident thats its gonna be really good

net volume per sub?

I love that sub. I had a T1 15 in 3.3 cuft @ 33htz and 3.5 cuft @ 31 htz.

I liked the second box better. Really sounded good.

Edited by nick_19

net volume per sub?

I love that sub. I had a T1 15 in 3.3 cuft @ 33htz and 3.5 cuft @ 31 htz.

I liked the second box better. Really sounded good.

4.37 cubic foot per sub, net volume

Edited by RobClay

so your saying net per driver is 4.37 so 123 sq inches of port will set you right at about 14sq inches per cube which should be ideal for the t1. i know your drawing is off for sure, the second port walls look like 1 inch when they should look like half of the port entrance 3inches on each side.

The baffle doesn't have anything to do with the port area. It is the panel on which you mount the subwoofer and NOT a port wall.

A lil big for those subs.

Low end should be monster.

Make sure the subsonic filter is on.

so your saying net per driver is 4.37 so 123 sq inches of port will set you right at about 14sq inches per cube which should be ideal for the t1. i know your drawing is off for sure, the second port walls look like 1 inch when they should look like half of the port entrance 3inches on each side.

ye i know. im not gonna make a ratio for this build.

A lil big for those subs.

Low end should be monster.

Make sure the subsonic filter is on.

i will. thanks for all the feedback:)

got the one of the peices of mdf today, and started drawing the peices out.. ill keep yall updated on pics, bare with me gotta alot goin on between days:/(school)

DSC04135.jpg

do an audible test, that'll let you find the xmax for sure.

Pick a test tone that is definitely lower than tuning, something that'll unload the subs for sure.

Start it with the subsonic filter turned all the way down and the volume on the stereo all the way down too.

Have yourself next to the subs and have someone else start slowly turning up the headunit.

You will eventually hear the subs surpass the xmax range when the sound of the subs sound like they went clipped or they all of a sudden start to emit a odd loud mechanical noise.

Once you hear that, turn it back down til it stops, that should be their xmax.

If this is purely an all out quality install, make sure your excursion doesn't surpass xmax and that you do not clip your signal either and you will be in good shape.

what do you mean? on paper or in the final product... I assume you're refering to the ports???

(not being an a$$ just curious what you meant)

what do you mean? on paper or in the final product... I assume you're refering to the ports???

(not being an a$$ just curious what you meant)

lol nah i was talking about for this box i wasnt gonna make a ratio for it like.. 1 cube on the paper = 3" on the actual box

do an audible test, that'll let you find the xmax for sure.

Pick a test tone that is definitely lower than tuning, something that'll unload the subs for sure.

Start it with the subsonic filter turned all the way down and the volume on the stereo all the way down too.

Have yourself next to the subs and have someone else start slowly turning up the headunit.

You will eventually hear the subs surpass the xmax range when the sound of the subs sound like they went clipped or they all of a sudden start to emit a odd loud mechanical noise.

Once you hear that, turn it back down til it stops, that should be their xmax.

If this is purely an all out quality install, make sure your excursion doesn't surpass xmax and that you do not clip your signal either and you will be in good shape.

thanx for response man, my friend will be getting tha t1's soon maybe less than a week so we'll try then.

14 mm one way xmax

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1084310906

I never once bottomed out my T1, got it smelly, or had probs w/ it at all.

1006 RMS @ 2 ohms off a T10001bd. Obviously I kept the gains down a lot, but I did give that sub hell and it's now chillin in my garage. I really liked that thing.

Edited by nick_19

14 mm one way xmax

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...ated=1084310906

I never once bottomed out my T1, got it smelly, or had probs w/ it at all.

1006 RMS @ 2 ohms off a T10001bd. Obviously I kept the gains down a lot, but I did give that sub hell and it's now chillin in my garage. I really liked that thing.

thanx man:D i needed to know that so i could see howthe measures of the port will make the box tune to around 32 or lower. i appreciate it

thanx man:D i needed to know that so i could see howthe measures of the port will make the box tune to around 32 or lower. i appreciate it

the x-max doesn't determine tuning tuning frequency..........

by your sketch looks like your tuned at about 28hz....

the x-max doesn't determine tuning tuning frequency..........

by your sketch looks like your tuned at about 28hz....

well i know, but there was this website that had a port tuning calculator and it asks for the number of subs, size, xmax. etc.. do you think 28hz would sound good? he wants it to be loooww

as yall prolly know im still a lil new to box building and all.. ive learned alot tho. fast learner.. its tha only thing that really interests me lol

Edited by RobClay

I estimate it at 28 by what I'm seeing (I did run the numbers though..) but without the drawing being to scale or properly proportioned i can be exactly sure what it is tuned to.. I would say my estimate is fairly accurate, the box may even be tuned a little lower than 28