gearstix

Box Design Software

Whats out there thats relatively beginner friendly?

I want to see if I can do a ported box for 3 MJM-18s or 2 IXL-12.2.2s..

WinISD Pro. Free and excellent help files.

I have WinISD "Beta".... not overly sure how to use it, does it give you cutout diemensions?

Learning how to do it would teach you about loudspeakers in a faster span of time than a program ever would :)

could u post a link to the formulas.

Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker Design Cookbook contains all the necessary formulas, it's really required reading for anyone doing speaker DIY projects IMO anyway :)

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/

Also has a pretty good section on bass reflex enclosures.

Vance Dickason's Loudspeaker Design Cookbook contains all the necessary formulas, it's really required reading for anyone doing speaker DIY projects IMO anyway :)

http://www.diysubwoofers.org/prt/

Also has a pretty good section on bass reflex enclosures.

all raitie then. i have downloaded winsd or whatever pro(its free btw) i also managed to find a app called "bass box pro" or something like that.

Maybe i can use all these many aps and compare the results...no im not going to build 4-5 boxes just ONE for the time being but i will feed these aps the same info as far as possible. Then if i have time and money to pay the internet bills ill do a review. on ease of use and results etc.

the bad news is project will start in around 2months from now. Good News is if it turns out to sound sh!t then another project will follow shortly after..if cash permits. Was thinking of trying birch or marine ply but a bit scared cos i only used MDF before and build mostly sealed boxes for public performance.

let me know what you guys think