Sign in to follow this  
coobies5

enclosure for 18" btl fully loaded

portexp.jpg

here's the quick sketch to give you an idea... I don't have anything but copy paper and a pencil so that's how it's drawn up.. looks like a 3yr old drew it :)

port sides "are" flush with the side

written like a 3yr old as well :)

Edited by rushnrun

yep

6 tall 15wide 22 long port gives you roughly 34 hz... pending on how you brace (it's actually a 33 hz tuning but after displacement of bracing you should be right around 34... I didn't plan any bracing for you.) My general rule... brace each solid panel atleast every 18 inches

haha yea, hurricane messes everything up, i just designed a box for my friend for 2 re sx 15's in a extended cab z71, sub and port facing forward and hes rushing to finish before the hurricane passes, but if hes done before you start ill tell you how it sounds

haha, yeah this time yall dont have to evacuate haha, we do! well, im alright so far, we're on the dirty side of it, so its probably going to be a few days before i start on it which sucks. but yeah, let me know how your friends sound and did yall happen to grab some pics while building it?

well, we always say that we are gunna take pictures of our projects, and i wasnt there to help build it but im pretty sure that he was way too lazy to do that lol, sorry, maybe next time on one of our upcoming projects well do it if we remember like when we do mine, 18 facing forward port up, or the 4 15's in a oldmobile, speaker up port towards truck, or the l7 15, speaker forward, port sideways

i got an old school audiobahn immortal 18 (will soon switch it with a btl or wait for the the ssa xcon) and im putting it my ford ranger extended cab, 7 cubes tunes to 30 herts, sub facing forward, port facing up since thats all i can really do with such a small space and such a big box

oh nice, should be ridiculous, i might add a 2nd btl in a few months or so.

dam, that would be pretty bad, what are you gunna be pushing that with, by the way ill be pushing mine with a audioque 2200

right now, im going to use my crappy hifonics amp, til i get a saz-3000d and some batteries

wow, with those sundowns you will put EVERYONE around you to shame, lol and i just realized your in houston, my neighbor who sold my the 18 just moved to houston saturday to go work at a place called johnsons supply

wow, with those sundowns you will put EVERYONE around you to shame, lol and i just realized your in houston, my neighbor who sold my the 18 just moved to houston saturday to go work at a place called johnsons supply

i'm actually in crosby, but i usually am in houston more then here, but johnsons supply, rings a bell but not too sure why it does haha.

portexp.jpg

here's the quick sketch to give you an idea... I don't have anything but copy paper and a pencil so that's how it's drawn up.. looks like a 3yr old drew it :)

port sides "are" flush with the side

written like a 3yr old as well :)

quick question all throughout the hurricane i tried figuring out how im going to do this, and so i take it i have to have the port inside the box? meaning instead of having just 7 pieces without including the double baffle, why is there 9? i have to have "walls" for the port? meaning i have to have 2 "sides" ?

i think i know what you meant, but just want to clear this up correctly and not do something dumb.

quick question all throughout the hurricane i tried figuring out how im going to do this, and so i take it i have to have the port inside the box? meaning instead of having just 7 pieces without including the double baffle, why is there 9? i have to have "walls" for the port? meaning i have to have 2 "sides" ?

i think i know what you meant, but just want to clear this up correctly and not do something dumb.

yes the ports have sides... It's easier to assemble that way.. you can do away with them if you like and increase the port length...

I put the port together first and assemble the rest of the box (excluding the bottom.) line the port up, glue/secure it, then put the bottom on.. that way you have the sides of the ports to anchor the port to the box... for me it's easier that way.. I somtimes build several a day so I have my own little methods to get them done quicker.

ok, thanks for clearing that up, tomorrow i should be busy building thanks again for all the help rushnrun.

one more question rushnrun, you put these specs

2 20x48

2 16.5x28

1 16.5x18.5

1 (16.5 minus port heigth) x 18.5

1 18.5x(port length)

2 (port length+.75") x (port height)

since theres 2 48" boards, shouldn't there be 4 then? this stumps me.

yeah, i cut all the pieces yesterday and i just tried to piece them together and there is no way with those pieces a way for it to be a box.

its not put together, just laid the pieces together to see how it would look, and thats what it came out to. in a while im going to go out and cut the sides to length then put it together.

1001864jn6.jpg

1001865yr5.jpg

1001866dw7.jpg

wow sorry man I haven't been oh here today. The 28 was a typo-shoulda been 48.. when I copied and pasted I didn't catch the typo

use one of the extra's-{the sides that are too short}-- to double up under the sub (on the inside of the box-you'll have to cut 1.5" off the width.

then you'll need two boards 48 long instead of 28.. sorry again.. can't believe I missed that typo... :(

looking good though