gearstix

These are rather neat

yea i have been thinking about buying one of the 8 by 12's to test out.

i tested the 5.25's and i actually like them enough to buy a total of eight, and in 2.3 cu.ft. tuned to 37hz. with 500rms (was real careful with the volume lol) the output was comparable to a jlw3 12, and a pr Memphis 12, which i also tested in the same vehicle/setup.

if they have a good enough sq, were just a little eq is needed. it would be sweet to try them as infinite baffle in factory locations. they might work real well in sq setups.

but i won't know until i buy one, and test it.

Just because something is installed IB, doesn't mean it has good sq....

Oval cones bring all kinds of flexing issues with them.

thats why i was real careful and used the word IF in that last post. :neil:

Ehhh. It is almost guaranteed to have problem with cone flex, just as bad as square cones.

Ehhh. It is almost guaranteed to have problem with cone flex, just as bad as square cones.

there is a good chance, but i will still buy it and try it one day. that's what i do. i have been through about 50 or so subs in the past year and a half. just to test them and listen to them. i buy them try them some i sell some i keep.

if you go off of individuals numbers i have a little over 20 subs right now and eight of them i still have yet to test them lol.

Edited by stovebolt6

I've had experience with these woofers/seen them in action... :)

two in a 2.5 cube box tuned 30hz running off a JL audio 1000.1 did 143-144ish at the headrest in a Camaro during MECA comp, on the t/l

I sat in the car....... and they didn't sound too bad... sounded pretty clean, however, they did bottom out when he got to crankin' on them. He actually was there for SQ...

I've had experience with these woofers/seen them in action... :)

two in a 2.5 cube box tuned 30hz running off a JL audio 1000.1 did 143-144ish at the headrest in a Camaro during MECA comp, on the t/l

I sat in the car....... and they didn't sound too bad... sounded pretty clean, however, they did bottom out when he got to crankin' on them. He actually was there for SQ...

I would say they were bottomin' out on 1000W... there only rated for 250W each.

Rated power has nothing to do with mechanical power handling.

I've got a pair of the neo motored 6x9s that I'm going to be trying as midbasses in the front doors of my truck. I'll give a review once they're installed. The ones I have should resist cone flex pretty well seeing as they have what appears to be a flat ABS diaphragm with pretty substantial ribs on the back. Makes for a nice shallow driver, too.

The problem with the 6x9s is that they're not standard 6x9 size. They won't drop in to factory spot. You'll need to make adapters.

I don't know squat about T/S numbers, does anyone know if these things would work in an IB installation? Thanks.

I'm referring to the 8x12 in the op.

Edited by vettonator /aka boomstang