• (1) DD 9917 w/(4) Strrapped Amps
    • (2) DD 9515 w/(2) Amps
    • (2) RE MT 15 w/(2) Amps
    • (2) IA DP 15 w/(2) Amps
    • (4) DD 3512 w/(4) Amps
    • (4) IA DP 12 w/(4) Amps
    • (4) RE MT 12 w/(4) Amps
    • Strip it down & make it a road racer

MMkay... I'm not sure off hand wether I've done the 'newbie' thing. So here goes:

Plans for my competition toy are changing, and I value the opinions 'round here. I've been tossing around alot of idea's and equipment to the point at which I near to flipping a coin.

I now have a car capable of 24-28 cubes easily. She comes to me with a 'wall' in it. I'll be tearing it out as it's pretty weak, but now the idea is there, to toss the Sundance :D

The important things:

*The Mustang will be Street driven throughout the summertime (and safety concerns accomodated for).

*Also there-by semi-pretty. :wub:

*12-14 volt system.

*Will only run one/two amps for daily for sanity purposes. (2-3kw/amp)

*Swappable port (duh).

Last but not least:

*I have a 9915, (2) 3515's

*I'm able to have (2) 9515's, (2) MT 15's rather easily.

*I'm not looking for World Finals, just something fun & loud & semi-challenging. :glare:

Thanks...

Nick

DD9917

Tough call ... I'm going to do some poking around and get back to you. I don't know about you, but I like the idea of 2 subs and two amps ... for competition purposes. Don't know what kind of competition is around you. You've got the knowledge to make anything loud, so it doesn't matter :)

I did the (2) 9515's with (2) VR2000D's before in the Blazer, frickin' loud.

- Steve

Better late than never huh?

YO!!

:+1:

I voted for road racer. lol.

I would go w/ the MT's because RE's customer service and recones>DD customer service and recones.

I would go w/ the MT's because RE's customer service and recones>DD customer service and recones.

I realize that and do not look forward to 5 weeks for the 9915 to become the 9917. :(

However, the big argument I have there is that I have the 99 series and would have to shell out another 800-1g for MT's. When 9917's are very well proven.

Tough call ... I'm going to do some poking around and get back to you.  I don't know about you, but I like the idea of 2 subs and two amps ... for competition purposes.  Don't know what kind of competition is around you.  You've got the knowledge to make anything loud, so it doesn't matter :)

I did the (2) 9515's with (2) VR2000D's before in the Blazer, frickin' loud.

- Steve

I'd surely appreciate it.

I like the idea of (2) subs as well, but refer to above. Also, volume limitations... (1) 17" in 20 cube's > (2) 15"s in 20 cubes when it comes to actual listening. Not that this car will ever see an RTA, but....

Thanks again Gent's

BTW - the tow is dropping the car off tonight, I'll snap some pics. :D

-Nick

i went with the (2)9515's......even if re's cs is better (and i know mt's are proving themselves).there is just something old skool about having dd's and being stupidass loud!!

and we all think it's great having ya here!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

the dual MTs are a nice idea now that I think about it more :woot:

i went with the (2)9515's......even if re's cs is better (and i know mt's are proving themselves).there is just something old skool about having dd's and being stupidass loud!!

:+1:

Been thinking about the 2005 dBDrag class matrix since yesterday morning...

Since I've been forced upto SS... but can still fit into other sanctioning bodies with a full wall, it changes the perspective.

I'm just going to put the audio behind getting the car running (drivetrain swap). After that I'm thinking about four 15"s (DD 3515, RE XXX, etc.) and a Pair of Orions. Fun & loud enough.... we'll see in a few months now.

Thank you gentlemen, for your opinions.

-Nick

what about some Treo's? or RE SX's ?

Treo's are always appealing... I havent played with one in a few years though. From what I see around, they are still up to snuff.

Besides, all the hot tickets from CES will be available in a few months (more/less).

b-umpdate...

After hitting my head on a proverbial wall too many times, I'm gonna run with two 9515s & two Orion 2500's @ ~0.7nominal.

After putting up with a bunch of junk @ dBDrag & Iasca forums, I've given up on the idea of competing. I'll sensor myself and make adjustments till I'm happy, then sell that off too. Just too much crap and not enough events locally.

The good news is, I no longer have to fight to scrape together box volume... 12 ft^3 will be plenty for these two. :D

Now, when it get's above -10* outside, I'll start tearing into her...

Till then,

Nick

b-umpdate...

After hitting my head on a proverbial wall too many times, I'm gonna run with two 9515s & two Orion 2500's @ ~0.7nominal.

After putting up with a bunch of junk @ dBDrag & Iasca forums, I've given up on the idea of competing. I'll sensor myself and make adjustments till I'm happy, then sell that off too. Just too much crap and not enough events locally.

The good news is, I no longer have to fight to scrape together box volume... 12 ft^3 will be plenty for these two. :D

Now, when it get's above -10* outside, I'll start tearing into her...

Till then,

Nick

Awesome :)

As I mentioned before I used two 9515's with two VR2000D's in 14 cubes. I think you'll enjoy it :P

- Steve

@ .7?? ouch that is going to be brutal

Competition seems to be getting all political these days.

@  .7??  ouch that is going to be brutal

I'd like to get to 0.35 for 3k+.... but not practical with a wall impedance curve OR for daily...

It'll be fnu though :D

.7 will be in the 2700+ range any way, so it will be loud for sure

.7 will be in the 2700+ range any way, so it will be loud for sure

Exactly... I'm not going to push that low to pick up a few tenths. Not worth it for this install.

The scary thing to me is that I've heard from a few reputable guys that 0.35 actual @ 14.0-14.3vdc will yield 3500ish.... :slayer:

But again, not worth the draw for me. 200amp alt & (3) Blue tops.

I'm sure that I can play later on if I get bored :glare:

wow, humm I have a 2500D, maybe I should try it out

wow, humm I have a  2500D, maybe I should try it out

It is horribly tempting to try to verify... but we're talking about alot of amperage there.

I've one 2500 & one coming. I've dropped mine to 0.8x actual... it was surely loud. Because I have no scope though, I didn't crank her full tilt.

Well, I did that one time on a Sony Pentagon... but that was ~2.8 IIRC :D

wow, humm I have a