SpeakerBoy

Sax-100.4

What's wrong with your surround receiver for home audio?

When I was about your age, I started out with buying a late '70s Kenwood integrated amp and a pair of JBL floorstanders. Wasn't "hi-fi" by any means, but it was listenable and taught me some things about basic room placement, imaging, etc...I might have paid $75 for everything.

SAME HERE... but i was more intrested in bass.

i blew alot of recivers before i learned about the law of ohms

My first introduction to Ohm's Law wasn't in audio, but in amateur radio. So I was more used to 50 and 450 ohm impedances before running into 2 and 4 ohm ones :D

When I was about your age, I started out with buying a late '70s Kenwood integrated amp and a pair of JBL floorstanders. Wasn't "hi-fi" by any means, but it was listenable and taught me some things about basic room placement, imaging, etc...I might have paid $75 for everything.

I can't ever afford a powered woofer, seeing as i have no income. and before anyone even says it, i bought the backpack supplies with a bag of quarters the ex tried to smash my head in with, which i later took :lol: on top of which, it blew all my speakers. i cant afford even measly 125w speakers. :(

I can't ever afford a powered woofer, seeing as i have no income. and before anyone even says it, i bought the backpack supplies with a bag of quarters the ex tried to smash my head in with, which i later took :lol: on top of which, it blew all my speakers. i cant afford even measly 125w speakers. :(

Then get out there and be enterprising. Mow lawns. Wash cars. Those years I basically lived during the summer with a lawnmower attached to my hands, because it was a handy way to make some money where I lived :) If you can't do that, think of some other small jobs you can do for people - that don't involve ghetto-rigged backpacks.

Stop. Stop. Stop. If you try to sell one of these, I hope the person who buys it rips you off. Promoting being a menace is not acceptable.

i think we should slow the idea of resale based on SAFTY... not so much menacing....

i think we should slow the idea of resale based on SAFTY... not so much menacing....

:( thats what iam working on yo, the safety aspect. wires concealed, taped up properly, made into a very nice package. with a retractable cord to charge with, so disassembly isnt required.

Hmm....12v battery with on board charger and a bunch of wires in a bag that may get dropped or jiggled around......pppprreeeettttyyyy sure that's a fire hazard. What do you say to the possibility of someone getting severely injured by one of these? We are a very litigious society and people sue for MUCH less.

Don't be so stubborn! We are watching your ass! Let us help you.

:( thats what iam working on yo, the safety aspect. wires concealed, taped up properly, made into a very nice package. with a retractable cord to charge with, so disassembly isnt required.

Even if you made it safe, which you cannot. It is still a tool to only be a public menace. Please stop being such an inconsiderate little prick.

Even if you made it safe, which you cannot. It is still a tool to only be a public menace. Please stop being such an inconsiderate little prick.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Anything i do is the wrong thing, nothing i do is the right thing. I cant afford home audio, i cant get a car because i am not old enough. This is my outlet, my one thing to do! And i just found out my parents are getting me a new computer instead of the icon! So i am out of ideas. And you don't even take into consideration that i have slowly removed myself from others whilst playing my music? There is a subdivision that was abandonded halfway through completion (noone lives there) down the road from me, i usually go there now, to test and just chill with friends. I am out of the loop, I don't know what to do!!!

And you don't even take into consideration that i have slowly removed myself from others whilst playing my music? There is a subdivision that was abandonded halfway through completion (noone lives there) down the road from me, i usually go there now, to test and just chill with friends.

Hmm, that is how it got banned from your school, huh? If I were your parents I wouldn't buy you a sub either.

While I am not opposed for you to have an outlet and listen to music with your friends, you should at least pick a realistic way of doing it. Try building some home audio stuff for your room.