SpeakerBoy

Sax-100.4

how many Amps (electrically speaking) do i need to play a sax100.4 at a decent level? and how about at 100.2? thanks.

Totally dependent on the speakers used...install it for maximum current draw in mind, you may not reach that, you might get close, but it doesn't really matter.

I have a feeling I know what you're doing, though, and it's a ghetto idea...

another back pack.

Both are quite powerful - they would not be good candidates for your back-pack setup if that is the idea.

You should look into a full-range Class-D.

LOL aint i supposed to be the ghetto hood ninja of SSA? or you guys have a new kid to make fun of now?

There's a new heir to the throne...

LOL aint i supposed to be the ghetto hood ninja of SSA? or you guys have a new kid to make fun of now?

:lol: Yessir, new bag. I have a PowerWheels battery, which is of course, 12v. I believe it says 10 amps.I would be pushin' isobaric tang band 6's. thats why i am leaning towards the 100.2. I would parallel the two woofers, then series the tweets.

here they are, my high excursion babies:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=264-832

and you all are familiar with this thing:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart...p;products_id=4

Now. give me some feedback on this idea. not that it would be played publicly cuz I would get like, jumped, but czech thiz out. one of these, in a small sealed tube:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=293-262

and one of these powering it (i already have it =P)

http://2007.bluehost.fresh.co.il/02/12/92702260.jpg

Edited by DeepSubBoy

if your really set on this thing I hope you have a strong back cause your gonna need a bigger battery than a lil power wheels one

how many Amps (electrically speaking) do i need to play a sax100.4 at a decent level? and how about at 100.2? thanks.

NO! you are a really smart kid, listen to your peers/elders and don't waste that talent on a f**kin backpack! Pimp out your room or something!

isobaric? why would you choose to do that?

I really hope someone smashes this one over your head, you deserved it last time. :(

isobaric? why would you choose to do that?

I really hope someone smashes this one over your head, you deserved it last time. :(

idk, just thought it would fit better. now that i think about it, i could probably make a slot port through the center, and make it sound a bit better.

Or, you could just trash it and concentrate on something that might actually have a chance at sounding decent, and not annoy everyone you meet :)

If this is for your backpack, I would try something really cheap for an amp. Just pick up a $50 legacy/pyramid. If you mess something up then it will be no big deal, or if it gets stolen, etc.... You can easily get an honest 50 watts or so out of these amps and that would be plenty for your backpack.

If one of those batteries isn't enough, just add another.

Honestly though, the Tangbands are pretty inefficient drivers. I would look into maybe a single 8" driver with a little more efficiency and I wouldn't worry about the stroke of the driver so much. Look maybe at some of the Parts Express DVC 8 subs, I think they are about $20 or so and will work in a pretty small box, or even easier maybe a 10-12" section of 8" PVC/Sonotube.....

Seriously dude, just do home audio until you get a car.

Or save his money, so he can buy a car

Ideally yes, but it doesn't seem like that's something he's going to do.

Honestly though, the Tangbands are pretty inefficient drivers. I would look into maybe a single 8" driver with a little more efficiency and I wouldn't worry about the stroke of the driver so much. Look maybe at some of the Parts Express DVC 8 subs, I think they are about $20 or so and will work in a pretty small box, or even easier maybe a 10-12" section of 8" PVC/Sonotube.....

And by mounting them isobaric you cut their efficiency in half as well.

Really, really stop with the back pack nonsense and grow up. There is a reason they were referred to as ghetto-blasters in the past and if that is what you want for your future continue on this path.

If this is for your backpack, I would try something really cheap for an amp. Just pick up a $50 legacy/pyramid. If you mess something up then it will be no big deal, or if it gets stolen, etc.... You can easily get an honest 50 watts or so out of these amps and that would be plenty for your backpack.

If one of those batteries isn't enough, just add another.

really? i thought they would be pretty beast cuz of the amout of excursion they had. but hey, about the amp, i already have a 200w i am trying out. works well off of power i have. blew my tweets, have to replace but still have the horns and the bose so its good for now. this one is mostly a see-if-i-can type deal, seeing as that till i sell my surround reciever (PM me about it, pretty sweet) i have no cash money for home audio. thanks for honest opinions, gotta love em :)

Really, really stop with the back pack nonsense and grow up. There is a reason they were referred to as ghetto-blasters in the past and if that is what you want for your future continue on this path.

M5, i really only want to do this now, because i need to refine my methods and make it a little better before i can start selling them. as retarded as it sounds, people at school actually want to buy these things.

200w lol

bridged max @ 2ohm i believe...........

200w lol

bridged max @ 2ohm i believe...........

max is NOT power

What's wrong with your surround receiver for home audio?

When I was about your age, I started out with buying a late '70s Kenwood integrated amp and a pair of JBL floorstanders. Wasn't "hi-fi" by any means, but it was listenable and taught me some things about basic room placement, imaging, etc...I might have paid $75 for everything.

What's wrong with your surround receiver for home audio?

When I was about your age, I started out with buying a late '70s Kenwood integrated amp and a pair of JBL floorstanders. Wasn't "hi-fi" by any means, but it was listenable and taught me some things about basic room placement, imaging, etc...I might have paid $75 for everything.

SAME HERE... but i was more intrested in bass.

i blew alot of recivers before i learned about the law of ohms

but i think hes looking to make money.. not just have fun at home... a lil paper chasser.

M5, i really only want to do this now, because i need to refine my methods and make it a little better before i can start selling them. as retarded as it sounds, people at school actually want to buy these things.

I'm really not sure I'd do that. Yes, you're a minor, but what happens when one of these contraptions shorts out and catches fire in someone's backpack? :D

We'll be hearing about this one on CNN as a weird news segment...