drummerman313

Recommendations for a good system

doesnt anyone understand to listen to the big guys? they know what they are talking about, i thought we already had this conversation

we did remember....i was the reason for the converstation haha.

but im a member on enough forums to know to listen to the guys who have been here a long time....especially if they got a rep like m5 and are way older than me.

and btwf150, m5's not bein an eGangster, hes probably trying to keep eIdiots and earsehos out of a good forum....

Are there any specific install kits that ya'll would recommend? And I talked to one of my buddies and he said Best Buy charged him $175 to install his sub and amp, plus install kit and a converter for his stock deck...Anyway, I was wondering how hard it is to install a sub and an amp on my own. If it is not to difficult, I would much prefer to install it on my own.

VERY easy to install a sub and amp on your own. dont even waste your time or money going to best buy or circuit city to have them install it.

as long as you have everything you need for the install its not complicated at all. even if you have never done it before, it takes little time to figure it out.

That's great news.. I didnt feel like droping $200 on install...ok so I bought a Kenwood 10" 1000 Watt amp...I know its not great, but it is a good started sub...Any particular amp anyone would suggest. The sub has a RMS of 300 watts with 4 ohms. I just need an amp to handle that....down the road I will purchase a better amp and sub when the pocketbook allows it. An amp for $100 to $150 is around my budget. I know that wont get me a great amp, but even a good used one would be fine with me. I appreciate all ya'lls help guys!

I'd look for a used amp on Ebay...something like a JBL BP600.1 or PG Tantrum 2-channel when bridged would work, and would be in that price range :)

I'd look for a used amp on Ebay...something like a JBL BP600.1 or PG Tantrum 2-channel when bridged would work, and would be in that price range :)

I like your options although buying a four channel now so adding a sub later would be ideal.

Ah...Well I have spent the last three days trying to learn as much as I can about Subs and Amps, but its obvious I have a lot more to learn haha

Thanks guys for helping not make some huuggeee mistakes haha

theres always a lot more to learn....especially in this forum lol.

dont sweat it though, i didnt know more than half of the brands advertised on this forum before i started looking at it and i finally decided to register.

these guys have kept me from makin some dumb choices too, beleive it or not.

So I am definately getting good use out of the forum and all of the guys out there whose knowledge encompasses mine haha

but i have been looking for amps still, and I found a few and instead of listing links, i was just going to list brand and style so let me know what yall would recommend, if any....just think, you are helping to save a guy new to the world of car audio from breaking the cardinal rule....buying crappy equipment that sucks haha

so here they are

Dual XIA4225 800 Watt RMS 2 Channel Amplifier - CEA

Pioneer GM-3200T - Amplifier - 2-channel - 120 Watts x 2

Dual XPA6100 600 Watt Mosfet Amplifier

PIONEER MONO GM-7300M ( this one looked good to me, but then again, i dont know how reliable Pioneer amps are)

Is there an option for none of the above? :)

I think you'd be better served by going with a solid used amp that's a few years old, versus something new and inferior.

Haha Jim right now anything is an option...i am highly inept with car audio equipment and what the good brands are....could you suggest a solid brand that is not super great, but will get me by for now? and something not to expensive? it would help me out alllooottt right now haha

What were the blaupunkt amps that were of decent quality? DIYMA had a huge boner for them, IIRC they were quite cheap though i have no experience with them

edit: Most blaupunkt is NOT good quality, but these apparently were

The older Class T amps from Blaupunkt like Matt said would be a good start....along with maybe a W3 or a used Q

...that's right bitches...I'm back!!!

i believe he has a subwoofer already :neil:

Ok so I am getting closer to finding an amp! haha

Ok so i have started looking at Blaupunkt, but have never heard of them ( no surprise)

I found some on ebay...once again I am going to list a few and tell me what yall think haha

Blaupunkt THA2125

Blaupunkt THA1350

Blaupunkt PCA1300

And I have a question...the sub I have is 4ohms...do I need to get a 2ohm or 4 ohm amp? or does it matter as long as the RMS is equal too or greater than my amps RMS?