DeeCee

Hello from New Zealand

Well, I thought I'd bother to say Hi, so Hi :)

I'm Dave from New Zealand and I am NZ distributor for Sundown Audio and working with Galen @ Indigo Audio, offering Fi, Ascendant, Kinetik and RE to the masses down under.

I've been playing car audio games since 96 and previously ran the local SQ competition format here in NZ for the last 3 years.

Now I'm a dealer/distributor and am currently working on a couple of demo cars as well as general installs and SPL box builds/designs etc.

Anyhoo, instead of working on my accounts, I thought I'd play on the internet and show some pictures :D

This is my big project:

elephant.jpg

1990 GT4A which will have a full interior rebuild to suit SQ and will be built up as a demo car for the show scene. This one is my personal pet project eg - my ultimate SQ vehicle setup.

Custom... well pretty much everything in the interior and I may have some fun with some glass exterior wise if I can be bothered. Kevlar bonnets, undertrays, centre sub, this this, that that etc etc hahaha

This is the current state of the GT4A:

DeeCee_Progress02.jpg

Previously I had this as my SPL toy:

lada_full.jpg

I've run a couple of different styles with

SS1-2NW:

SSNoWall70.jpg

Street Max 1-2 - single sub

Lada_Grid_Design_by_DeeCee_083.jpg

Street Max 1-2 - two subs

Lada_Grid_Design_by_DeeCee_088.jpg

At the mo, I'll turn my work vehicle into a street beater with the MT18s later on in the year, but over the next couple of weeks, I'll be doing a special project for a competition late October.

On a side note, one day I decided to pull all the stuff out of the cupboards and lay it out in the lounge. Carputer, amps, subs, speakers (some custom handbuilt units in there etc. Yes, there are Sony XES M3's there. I have 4 of them now. I'm one of those collector types :D

equip_03.jpg

A couple of RE subs here haha:

equip_20.jpg

Last thing, since it was pointed out to me that it is a rather unique thing and I'm not sure that they have been seen around much - RE Team Shirt:

RE_Team_Shirt_1.jpg

RE_Team_Shirt_2.jpg

RE_Team_Shirt_3.jpg

Anyway, hope you enjoy and I'll see you around the boards.

Cheers

Dave

Dave welcome to SSA. Glad you found us. Love all the pictures, and look forward to your Celica project. That 4WD Turist is kick ass.

Cheers Denim.

I've been floating around for a while now, but I thought I'd say hi as I didnt' want to do my accounts last night haha.

Acidburn: omghi2u2 :D

Well the celica has always been on the backburner as I have my business to run as well as doing other work/projects.

I do a bit here, I do a bit there, but overall, I will most likely get into it when the business is fully functioning, which is getting delayed as a couple of competitors want me to help them out before a comp, of which I am also building something for :)

We'll see how it goes, but I'm thinking that I'll have time to work on the Celica in February maybe hahaha

This is the gearbox at the moment :)

DeeCee_GT4A_Gearbox_30.jpg

Initially i had to get it repaired as the synchro hub cracked all the way around. First time the gearbox repair people had seen such a thing.

Welcome, I'm diggin' the sub collection you have going there. What is that HUGE amp on the upper right hand side? It looks like its 4 feet long!

Amp is an Epsilon 5000D aka Fusion FCA4000D aka Surfboard - 1.2m long if I can remember correctly.

equip_24.jpg

equip_25.jpg

equip_26.jpg

My friend thought he could drive the lada with his feet when he was sitting in the box.....

Lada_Grid_Design_by_DeeCee_117.jpg

Do people want the entertaining pics, or build pics.. i have plenty of both, but only if others contribute.

Maybe I'll start a new thread in off topic or soemthing.

Both funny and build pics are appreciated.