anthony

which subs are best?

hi can anyone tell me which of the following subs would sound better?

hifonics

orion

re audio

fi btls.

I'm not sure which ones to buy as the specs all sound good but i won't know for sure unless i get some opinions. i know the fis sound good and i know the orions, especially the hccas, soung good but i want to know what people are rating as the best. thanks

The sound is 99% in execution.

You could easily make any of those subs sound terrible. And you could easily make them all sound great. It is all your enclosure, install and vehicle.

That is THE answer.

You will hear all kinds of opinions on the subjective sound quality of the listed subs. But you also need to understand that the right person could make the worst "sounding" sub in that group (worst Fr, highest Le, worst Bl curve, etc) sound better than the average shop could make any of the others sound....

okay so if i tell you that i have a convertible car and i want a powerful but good sounding sub, what would be the recommended one?

What kind of music do you listen to? We need to get an idea of what "good sounding" means to you :) We also need a budget...

i like a mixture of music. mainly reggae, but i like dance music and rnb too. also budget is flexible

I'm sure the BL's are what you're looking for.

thanks RIckRolled. they are the subs i actually did want but they are pricey to buy in england we were going to buy one off bladeice.com. they sell 15" fi btls for

Whats the application?

I didn't find the HCCA to sound nice. Gets loud, but doesn't sound nice.

BTLs are way more snappy and melodic to my ear. All the lower models are just as impressive, if not more..

BTLs are way more snappy and melodic to my ear. All the lower models are just as impressive, if not more..

This is exactly why I always say it is in the install and very subjective.

thanks for your responses honda95 and BILTD. the btls are actually what i was hoping to get. they sound great i just wanted other peoples opinions first. thanks

Lol. You read the responses that were the least pertinent to your question.

:Doh:

Honestly don't think you are ready for a BTL, you must consider all of the electrical upgrades and everything else that is going to go along with the woofer. Figure using on multiple runs of 1/0 cable, high output alternator, multiple batteries etc...

Might want to think long and hard about that :)

1 ssd

Honestly don't think you are ready for a BTL, you must consider all of the electrical upgrades and everything else that is going to go along with the woofer. Figure using on multiple runs of 1/0 cable, high output alternator, multiple batteries etc...

listen to what Nick said, he knows what he is talking about.

listen to what Nick said, he knows what he is talking about.

X2, listen to Nick! Hes one of the head honchos at Fi. And also listen to M5, cause he's the chit. He may be an ass at times, but he knows what he's talking about and just tells you things how they really are.

okay so what subs do you all think is hould have? i like the sound of the fi btl's and have already said budget is not a problem. whatever is needed i will get i have already talked to am at bladeice.com and he's given me a rough price, if these are the best speakers i would really like them.

Lol. You read the responses that were the least pertinent to your question.

:Doh:

what do you mean, what do you think i should do?

LOL...

Why is everyone afraid to tell him the BTL is the loudest sub he could stick in his car, regaurdless of anything else?... And it sounds like that is what he wants.... He'll have the toughest time blowing those also (they do have the highest thermal capacity, do they not?)...

People can say whatever they want, but of all the FI subs, the BTL models (the T/S on Bladeice at least) the loudest by a good amount... Without big batteries, without big amps, without 3 runs of 1/0..... It just costs more... I guess that might matter, but since the FI stuff is such a good price already, does it really matter?

The other subs model better on the bottom octave, so if that is what you want disregaurd completely what I have said... But for sheer output in the 40+ Hz range, the loudest sub FI makes watt for watt is the BTL...

I dunno, there isn't anything "mythical" or special about BTLs... They don't model wierd, in fact when I ran the T/S parameters, they say big ported box... Go figure.. And they do great in the 40-50Hz region... They are efficient, very efficient and look great for getting loud....

In fact, it models very similar to the Aura NRT-18, which I have a TON of experience with.... I know how to make that thing get loud, I am sure the BTL would be just about the same...

Edited by 95Honda

thanks RIckRolled. they are the subs i actually did want but they are pricey to buy in england we were going to buy one off bladeice.com. they sell 15" fi btls for
Edited by nick_19

LOL...

Why is everyone afraid to tell him the BTL is the loudest sub he could stick in his car, regaurdless of anything else?... And it sounds like that is what he wants.... He'll have the toughest time blowing those also (they do have the highest thermal capacity, do they not?)...

People can say whatever they want, but of all the FI subs, the BTL models (the T/S on Bladeice at least) the loudest by a good amount... Without big batteries, without big amps, without 3 runs of 1/0..... It just costs more... I guess that might matter, but since the FI stuff is such a good price already, does it really matter?

The other subs model better on the bottom octave, so if that is what you want disregaurd completely what I have said... But for sheer output in the 40+ Hz range, the loudest sub FI makes watt for watt is the BTL...

I dunno, there isn't anything "mythical" or special about BTLs... They don't model wierd, in fact when I ran the T/S parameters, they say big ported box... Go figure.. And they do great in the 40-50Hz region... They are efficient, very efficient and look great for getting loud....

In fact, it models very similar to the Aura NRT-18, which I have a TON of experience with.... I know how to make that thing get loud, I am sure the BTL would be just about the same...

Because, just incase his install doesnt have the backbone behind it the btl will not be in his best interest. You need a strong electrical system, lots of power, and a well designed and strong enclosure , among other things

to do a btl any justice. Anything less and the btl would not be as impressive as would something from a lower series of speaker.

That's alot more money involved to support a btl sub properly, don't you agree?

The BTL doesn't seem much unlike a pro-sound woofer. Calls for a big ported box, high efficiency, works best in the 40-50Hz range......Hell, I dunno....

95Honda knows how to make things get loud, trust me on that one.

Anthony, could you give us more detail on how you want to go about this? I heard something about a convertible ect. but we need more details like, how much power you will run,what amps, etc. I have a ''Q'' series and my poor car is taking a beating. I even think an SSd or two would be up your alley. Seriously though, you cant rely soley on the numbers given by the manufacture to make an ethical decision on what sub to purchase. For instance, the SSD has a power rating of 800watts, doesnt seem too impressive right? Well, it will do just fine being mellow on some smooth jazz or any soft passage style music. Then you decide you want to shake up the block a little, so you crank it up and a new beast unveils itself, destroying everything you throw at it. Trust me man, dont dwell on the numbers. They all handle well over rated if done with respect.

Just some food for thought :fing34: