Sign in to follow this  
manbeer

ok...what should i do with 3.5 cubes net

I am still up in the air about what i want to do with the limited amount of space i have available in my car. i remeasured everything and i realistically have about 3.5 cu ft gross to work with. I am pretty decided on building a nice baffle and facing into the cabin with subs. not sure if i should port forward or into the factory 6x9 openings in the rear deck. If i port forward, i am not sure if i should go with aeros or slot it. if i did it through the rear deck i guess that i would have to do aero ports. As for subs, i can either go dual 10" or 1 12, maybe 2 12"'s if they are lower Qts. This is a temporary install as well, but i need it to be somewhat decent.

So i guess those are the questions...is firing forward going to work well on a car with seats that are up 90 percent of the time? i would probably only fold them down when i am showing the stereo.

If i do leave the seats up when firing forward, would i benefit more from installing the aeroports through the factory openings in the rear deck?

given the space, would it make more sense to go with aeroports so i do not sacrifice as much airspace due to the displacement?

Do i go for 2 10" drivers, or 1 12"? or do i try to cram 2 12" drivers in there? Again, it's doable but tight

with size and considering its temporary id go with a single 12. as far as box goes i wouldnt run it into cabin unless you completly seal off the trunk.

I'd say 2 10's... Then a single 12. I wouldn't do dual 12's...

You could fit a 15 in 3.5 easily as well.

Is it 3.5 gross or net? The title says net, yet the description says gross....

My personal preference would be to do a 15" Fi Q... They are recommended down to 2.8 cu ft ported. I'd do 2 10's after that.

the problem with this car is that it rattles/flexes like crazy with even my single sealed 10" so while i planned on doing some deadining, i was trying to minimize that. japanese cars are built like sardine cans, so the metal is real thin and just made cheaply. i figured firing into the cabin was bes as long as the trunk would be well sealed?

I can get a pretty good deal on an 05 XXX 12 from my friend right now. it's a d2 so that means that i will have to mod my amp to run it, but i should be able to push it pretty well with my amp at 1 ohm (probably around 1600-1800rms)

Would that be enough airspace to run it with a couple 6" aeros? also basically i would be paying about what a base model Q costs so i think it is safe to say that from an investment standpoint its a pretty good deal, since i will most likely be able to recoup all of that when i drop it for the Xcon