jrogoskiphotos

SAZ-3000D question...

I was wondering how powerful are the sundown 3000D amps? I have a 91 Acura Integra, and im working on a system with a Fi BTL 18" tuned to 33hz... I was gonna get the RF T20001bd to run it, but then I ran across sundown, and honestly, I don't know too much about them, but im reading good things..... So now im in a toss up here.... I know the T series fosgates are under rated, but I need peoples honest opinion here.... do you think I could get a lil more out of the 3000D than the RF T2K? How well you think that 3000d will move that BTL? I F'N hate decisions!!! haha

Help me decide please, Thanks....

John

oh yeah, and its a dual 2 ohm... so im looking at a 1ohm load, just for the record.... sundown claims 3000w rms on the 3000D.... does it really throw that much power? under rated or over rated? cheers :drink40:

underrated given a stable electrical backbone, im in the same predictament you are, but i am just waiting on my sundown saz3000d to get here, so i can see what this btl can do! go with the sundown man, you wont be dissappointed.

Sick... definitely keep me posted when it gets in, and how well they team up together!!! Yeah, I think im gonna go that route... the amps look sexy, and I read good things about em, and people are swearing on em.... My electrical backbone is gonna be a HC-800 in the front, and 2 HC-2400 in the back, and a Iraggi 200A alt (the biggest he could get my for my integra) and 1/0 AWG power wire.... hopefully that'll do me fine?

oh chit... wow.... Im thinking I made up my mind for my amp source... Sundown seems to be the way to go for what im wanting!!! Thanks man... that helped me decide... do you run yours at 1ohm? if so, how does it hold up temperature wise?

I was wondering how powerful are the sundown 3000D amps? I have a 91 Acura Integra, and im working on a system with a Fi BTL 18" tuned to 33hz... I was gonna get the RF T20001bd to run it, but then I ran across sundown, and honestly, I don't know too much about them, but im reading good things..... So now im in a toss up here.... I know the T series fosgates are under rated, but I need peoples honest opinion here.... do you think I could get a lil more out of the 3000D than the RF T2K? How well you think that 3000d will move that BTL? I F'N hate decisions!!! haha

Help me decide please, Thanks....

John

I have been selling and installing car audio since the mid 90's. I have never stuck with one particular brand and I am constantly testing new products. I came across Sundown a couple years ago and it is no joke. I recommend Sundown to all my clients. Sundown is Underrated, underpriced and overbuilt. Not to mention they have the best customer service in the business.

Your Gen 2 Integra is a great car for audio. I had a 91 LS Special Edition back in 97. You will definitely need the 200 Amp alternator but you can count on losing some MPG's. I recommend running 1/0 cables for both power and ground from your front battery to the rear. Even though it is an Acura the factory grounds are not the best and those cars are known for rust issues.

That was very appreciated words,right there.... that was enough for me to know im making the right choice, thanks man!!!

Yeah, im stoked to hear how a BTL 18" will sound with 3000watts rms running through it in that little cab!!!! I hope it'll be as loud as im hoping.... we'll see..... as far as the grounding issue.... not too worried about that, cause im going straight to the batteries for ground... im not tapping in the body at all.... You would be supprised how mint my car is actually, so rust isn't bad.... its nicer than most 2nd Gen integras you see out there... its clean!!! Its hard to find them in good shape these days, which is a shame, cause they are my favorite integras...

I definitely expect the MPGs to go down.... its gonna be A LOT of weight.... definitely not worried about speed either... hell in those cars, you can feel when someone is in the passenger seat,haha!!! But yeah, im not half assin this.... im not gonna play it until its all there (alt,batteries,1/0 wire,ect.) ... gonna take my time on it...

Thanks again

saz 3000d does 3000 watts at 12 volts by the way... so at 14.4 your getting even more power...

i found that my 3000d runs waaaaaay cooler with 250+ amp hours worth of cells to back it up...

sundown is indeed no joke.... SUNDOWN FTW

That was very appreciated words,right there.... that was enough for me to know im making the right choice, thanks man!!!

Yeah, im stoked to hear how a BTL 18" will sound with 3000watts rms running through it in that little cab!!!! I hope it'll be as loud as im hoping.... we'll see..... as far as the grounding issue.... not too worried about that, cause im going straight to the batteries for ground... im not tapping in the body at all.... You would be supprised how mint my car is actually, so rust isn't bad.... its nicer than most 2nd Gen integras you see out there... its clean!!! Its hard to find them in good shape these days, which is a shame, cause they are my favorite integras...

I definitely expect the MPGs to go down.... its gonna be A LOT of weight.... definitely not worried about speed either... hell in those cars, you can feel when someone is in the passenger seat,haha!!! But yeah, im not half assin this.... im not gonna play it until its all there (alt,batteries,1/0 wire,ect.) ... gonna take my time on it...

Thanks again

Weight makes a huge difference with that 1.8. Gen 2's are my favorite Integra's as well. Your car looks very clean. I wish Honda would go back to that style. I love the open interior in those cars. Low dash and large windows. How is the power antenna treating you? ;) I noticed your windshield wiper return motor has burnt up. Those wipers should return to under the hood at rest. Classic Gen 2 issue. Have you had any problems with the speedo cable? It looks like you have some Racing Heart C2Evo wheels. Don't scratch em because I don't believe they make them anymore. Sweet ride. Make sure you keep us posted. Don't the doors look sweet when they are open with the windows down? I love the sashless doors.

Thanks again

Weight makes a huge difference with that 1.8. Gen 2's are my favorite Integra's as well. Your car looks very clean. I wish Honda would go back to that style. I love the open interior in those cars. Low dash and large windows. How is the power antenna treating you? ;) I noticed your windshield wiper return motor has burnt up. Those wipers should return to under the hood at rest. Classic Gen 2 issue. Have you had any problems with the speedo cable? It looks like you have some Racing Heart C2Evo wheels. Don't scratch em because I don't believe they make them anymore. Sweet ride. Make sure you keep us posted. Don't the doors look sweet when they are open with the windows down? I love the sashless doors.

haha.... called out all my flaws on it....screw the power antenna, i think im just gonna shave it since it broke and just find me a roof or window mount antenna.... the motor is about shot with the wipers, but luckily i have a new motor for it... the speedo cable? haven't had a problem with that *knock on wood*.... and ironically, my pass. seatbelt motor went out TODAY!!! Atleast I think... im gonna take it out and throw some power to it, and see if it does anything... But over all, its a good car... I agree with you, with the low dash and open interior... its a real comfortable car really, for how small they made em.... but, its about to be a 2 seater!!! I will definitely keep you posted on the build... I think I finally have my ingredients together for what I want... so its time to start making it happen.... First thing im doing is gutting the whole interior, and putting Fat Mat on every metal surface in that car, and filling the rear quarter panels with spray foam.... and put new carpet in there while im at it...

thanks again for your comments and calling me out on my cars flaws, :banhim:

BTW can you check out this link and tell me if you think this sounds like a good box spec to you? thanks

box spec for fi btl 18"

Edited by sL@PyOmAmA2ICE

I live close to La Grange Ga an have the exact setup your getting except box an alt i have in a tahoe also I'm thinking about selling my setup let me know I love it just need the money if nothing else happens so I can keep it. Pm me if interested

Edited by bamatahoe

I was it the same boat you are in a while back.. i needed a sub that could put out atleast 2500 rms. so i looked at the Fosgate T2000. but at a shot it was gonna be about 1400. then i heard about sundown's 3000D and i read some of the tests on it. but it was still about 1200. then a dealer was gonna do a memphis 2500 for 1200 so i almost jumped on that but later that day i saw the sundown on sale for 899. so i jumped on that deal.. best decision ever. i can run this thing forever and it always puts out the power

i have a 18'' btl and a sundown at .5 and this year i hit a 149.2 in a tahoe, but i also have a stock alt and two yellows and a red under the hood.. these sundown amps are awesome dropping below 1 ohm. i have mine running at 1 ohm on a single dd 9515d and it gets pretty loud.

i have a 18'' btl and a sundown at .5 and this year i hit a 149.2 in a tahoe, but i also have a stock alt and two yellows and a red under the hood.. these sundown amps are awesome dropping below 1 ohm. i have mine running at 1 ohm on a single dd 9515d and it gets pretty loud.

Just out of curiosity what does your voltage drop to @ .5?

Yep the 3000d will put out 3000w all day on 12 volts :D
The sundown saz 3000d makes super power we tested mine at 12.5 with a 1ohm load an one red top it did 2874. At 12.8 it up's to 3000 + ,I'm happy.