P-Dizzle

What has your local car audio shop been up to?

Let's See, I got an estimate the other day, from the shop in my city. Some of it is quite ridiculous.

3 Circuit Breakers-144.99

3 CB Covers-29.99

5 1/0 gauge O rings/battery terminal rings-99.95 -19.99 ea. --- are you F'ING Serious??

2 Ground T Blocks-39.99

Fuse Holder with 300amp Fuse-49.99

50ft. 1/0 gauge Wire-249.99

2 800 batcaps- 399.98 199.99 ea

Hi-Low 199.99

Rca's 99.99 ---- WtF?

Speaker Wire 99.99 --- WoW

$1414.89 in parts

$600.00 in Labor

And This was After I bought my amps and components, And this was most of their crap brand items.

sadly this does not surprise me at all. local place i get Memphis stuff for charged a guy i know 1200 to run 4 gauge, install an amp, and a prefab box with a M1 in it. amp, sub, wires, and box costs no more than 800 so your telling me 400 dollars for what 2 hours of work maybe 3 im sorry ill do it myself.

Let's See, I got an estimate the other day, from the shop in my city. Some of it is quite ridiculous.

3 CB Covers-29.99

5 1/0 gauge O rings/battery terminal rings-99.95 -19.99 ea. --- are you F'ING Serious??

2 Ground T Blocks-39.99

Hi-Low 199.99

Rca's 99.99 ---- WtF?

$1414.89 in parts

$600.00 in Labor

And This was After I bought my amps and components, And this was most of their crap brand items.

WOWOWOW, That's a tad ridiculous in my book.

3 CB Covers-29.99

2 Ground T Blocks-39.99

Hi-Low 199.99

Rca's 99.99 ---- WtF?

$1414.89 in parts

$600.00 in Labor

Please don't tell me you are gonna pay that much...

3 CB Covers-29.99

2 Ground T Blocks-39.99

Hi-Low 199.99

Rca's 99.99 ---- WtF?

$1414.89 in parts

$600.00 in Labor

Please don't tell me you are gonna pay that much...

LoL I WISH I had the money to afford to pay that much haha! No I am gonna install it all myself. I was gonna get it installed bc I can't really bend much since I broke my back, but I will just figure something out. It is the principal of it. I'm not gonna get charged that kinda BS. I mean 100 bux for something that cost 5 dollars, not in this lifetime.

I was going to be charged 900 dollars for a 4 cuft box to be made at a local audio shop near me.

I know, it's a joke how much they charge now adays... I mean at the most the MDF woulda been around 75 dollars with some leftover.

3 CB Covers-29.99

2 Ground T Blocks-39.99

Hi-Low 199.99

Rca's 99.99 ---- WtF?

$1414.89 in parts

$600.00 in Labor

sadly this does not surprise me at all. local place i get Memphis stuff for charged a guy i know 1200 to run 4 gauge, install an amp, and a prefab box with a M1 in it. amp, sub, wires, and box costs no more than 800 so your telling me 400 dollars for what 2 hours of work maybe 3 im sorry ill do it myself.

Yea, My first quote was a system, and I mean it was a serious low budget system and they quoted me 1200. This was for like 2 Orion cobalt 12's a orion 400 box wire and front components.

i thought about being an installer, but i think i would hate doing pain in the ass work 8 hours a day on someone elses car.

i done so many installs for my friends and not even charged them 1 dollar. its fun to do that cuz u get to ride around with the system

i thought about being an installer, but i think i would hate doing pain in the ass work 8 hours a day on someone elses car.

i done so many installs for my friends and not even charged them 1 dollar. its fun to do that cuz u get to ride around with the system

Yea I would think once you start doing it for a check it becomes work, I always like to help people with anything for no charge, but if I had to do it daily I think I would get pretty burnt out.

I was going to be charged 900 dollars for a 4 cuft box to be made at a local audio shop near me.

I know, it's a joke how much they charge now adays... I mean at the most the MDF woulda been around 75 dollars with some leftover.

My friend gets people from school and his work so we can make boxes for them, We charge 100 dollars, all the materials needed costs at the most 35 dollars... MDF I think 8'x4' sheet of wood costs only 24 dollars. FYI

My friend gets people from school and his work so we can make boxes for them, We charge 100 dollars, all the materials needed costs at the most 35 dollars... MDF I think 8'x4' sheet of wood costs only 24 dollars. FYI

Yea, the Mdf is 24-26 a sheet for 3/4" I mad a box for 2 10's... and I still had a good lil bit left. My box for my 15's will be around 75 though. It's crazy how much they charge for the cheap things.

the shop i was at recently who i traded interiors with had cut holes out in the doors and cut out the entire rear deck with a jigsaw, not cleanly at all but gaping, jagged holes. on their demo 2005 G35 that was a lease. You should see the atrocious subwoofer box they built. it's all unevenly put together with pieces of wood that are cut wrong and covered in silicone and gobs of fiberglass to cover it up. The thing would be sup-par even from an 8th grader, just that it's covered up in a nice trim panel that makes it look good. screws are crooked and not in all the way, its a mess. These guys consider themselves "finest in the industry" and i enjoyed my time talking to the people there who were spreading misinformation. "you can't only have speakers in the front, it won't sound right," "These subs are dual 2 ohm, they work with any monoblock amp," "you can't have clean sound with a factory head unit and line out converter no matter what" were a few of my favorites

oh yeah...

my car is currently sitting at the dealer awaiting a new body control module, cause they wouldn't let me help with the interior swap since they wanted "everything done right"

after seeing what other people that are considered professional turn out, i realize more and more now how grossly i underestimated my installing abilities

im no proff. here or anything but omfg lol some of that just takes pure common sense to know you shouldn't do that. Would i ever be pissed to find my car like that.

im no proff. here or anything but omfg lol some of that just takes pure common sense to know you shouldn't do that. Would i ever be pissed to find my car like that.

Oh, I don't think pissed would be the word.