chronic2001

loudest spl

the fi q series subwoofers what would hit the hardest at 30-32hz the 3-15's or the 2-18's both would be ran by 3000watt rms true power no bullchit specs

3 15's have more cone area, but your question is very install dependent.

Edited by Duran

you say SPL but you wanna use the Q i dont understand.

yes spl as in im not going for 160db just whatever will be the loudest but still sound clean and hit LOW so i will be running the subs with 3000watts rms ported enclosure tuned to around 28hz in a expedition i and tuning with a audio control DQXS so in the same cubic feet and with the same watts with the box in the same location 6-10 inchs from real tailgate subs firing up port firing back

holy runonsentence batman do you know anything about punctuation because its really hard to understand what youre saying when you talk like this you know what i mean and i like to run my subs to super loud deeebbeeeezz because its awesome but dont let the cops catch me cuz i get a ticket and i got no moneyz left cuz i spent it all on my moofers so yeah maybe you can use punctuation next time mkay

If (2) 18's will fit, so will (4) 15's. :D

I ran (4) 15's in 12 ft tuned to 34 Hz. Hit low and loud!!!

I'm sorry that you couldn't understand. Is this better? It's not like I'm writing an paper for school. I would still like some feedback please. I thought this was a reasonable question. Either you have 2 18's with 6 cuft a piece or you have 3 15's with 4 cuft a piece. The 15's are rated at 2.8-4 cuft @ 28-33Hz per speaker. The 18's are rated at 6-10 cuft @ 28Hz per speaker. If I only have 12 cuft to build a box then I need to know if 3 15's in optimal conditions would be louder than 2 18's with less then optimal conditions. THANK YOU to everyone that helps me out.

Sweet, what kinda power were you feeding them? What kind out electrical did you have?(atl size, how many runs of 1/0, how many batts)walled or not

Edited by chronic2001

The 15's have more cone area and will move more air at 30hz by theory but a great box for your 18's will beat a poor one for the 15's.

3 15's in an optimum enclosure should be louder than 2 18's in a subpar enclosure. There are some 18's that will work @6 cubes ported. My havoc 18's do come to mind for that application, even though they are not "spl" focused drivers. I am sure there are other 18's out there that would work well in an enclosure of that size. You just have to investigate, and see what you come up with. I'm sure there are a few people on here that know the subs well enough to point you in the right direction.

Thanks btw :drink40:

Okay, so start pointing.... I'm open to any and all suggestions. Don't forget my main goal though, the cleanest and loudest low end bass in 12 cuft enclosure on 3000watts rms

Edited by chronic2001

I think I'm just going to get the 2 18's. I had one older alpine type r 15 in my 97 eclipse one a lanzar optidrive 2500 and I thought it sounded pretty good.

Do you have 12 ft gross before driver and port displacement, or 12 ft net volume after subtracting the displacements?

Brian

Like BKOLFO4 said, No less than 12 cubes net after all displacements for a pair of 18s. A little more would be better too imo

Edited by Earthman

You are looking at the wrong family of Fi woofers for your goals.

what year expedition? i have a 98 and i can get 20 cubes before port and still be able to keep back seat. I asked couple questions about running 2 ssd 18's, and ended up getting design made thru fishercustoms. The measurements i took, i wanted subs up and port back, and it was like 19 cubes and that was keeping box about 6-8 inches from back door.

You are looking at the wrong family of Fi woofers for your goals.

i said the same thing i dont think he cares.

I have a 04 expedition. I guess what I'm going for is something that sounds good but will still hit the lows hard. From reading around I thought that the Q series sounded good and still had the ability to get somewhat loud. I could be wrong. What dimensions were you running in your expedition for your box? That seems like alot to me. I really wanted to try 18's out. I have never seen nor heard a 18in woofer. I'm pretty sure I won't be dissapointed. I do care about everyones opinion and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try and help. Bare with me, this will be my first big install so I'm trying to make sure I have everything planned and set in stone before I start spending G's. Well big to me.

I have a 04 expedition. I guess what I'm going for is something that sounds good but will still hit the lows hard. From reading around I thought that the Q series sounded good and still had the ability to get somewhat loud. I could be wrong. What dimensions were you running in your expedition for your box? That seems like alot to me. I really wanted to try 18's out. I have never seen nor heard a 18in woofer. I'm pretty sure I won't be dissapointed. I do care about everyones opinion and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try and help. Bare with me, this will be my first big install so I'm trying to make sure I have everything planned and set in stone before I start spending G's. Well big to me.

That's an understatement really. Mine get loud and extremely low

That's what if been hearing. That's why I want to use them. So for the 2 Q 18's, does anyone have enclosure size suggestions? I guess I will make whatever size box that will sound the best on those speakers. If 10cuft a piece is what they need to sound right then I'll do it. I wanted the port tuned to 28hz right? Or would you suggest a higher freq.?

I would do 14 ft net tuned to 32 Hz for a pair of 18's if possible. Otherwise, minimum 12 ft tuned to 32 Hz im my opinion.

If you can't get that, drop down to the (3) 15's in at least 10.5 ft net tuned to 32 Hz.