mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I can't figure out how to muli-quote here but I just wanted to say thank you Adrian, Jay, guy I don't know, and Ryan for saying what you did. It was a hard time(like Jay said) but I've gotten over it the best I can. The g/f is def worth it, she is just an amazing person. I've never met someone so wonderful before, I really hope it works out because I'm ready for something like that.

The Cotton Bowl should be a good time, the new g/f and two of my work buddies are going with me. I hope we win!! GO HOGS!

I have a laptop dock for mine and it does little for heat dissipation. I don't know what you have, but I have a 2.8 P4 and that bitch just sucks up the battery and is ALWAYS running all 3 fans. It never really cools down either. I've had it in twice for a new motherboard after some of the solder joints melted away.

T2300 @ 1.66 GHz - 512 MB RAM

I'll be looking to upgrade it sometime. I don't understand how it really works, but I'd just like to spend a little bit of cash and have some components replaced/added to make it a little faster/more up to date.

The battery life is a weak two hours which is unfortunate. From what I can remember, it has always ran a little warm.

The T2300 will run a little on the warm side and, IIRC, your laptop also has a dedicated graphics card, which will suck some juice and create heat (Can't avoid it unless you go w/ completely useless integrated graphics).

DDR2 memory is dirt cheap now, so it would be a good time to invest in a memory upgrade. You can pick up 1 GB sticks of PC2-5300 from NCIX for $15/stick and 2 GB sticks for $40/stick. It should give you a nice performance increase, especially when multi-tasking. You can get 2 x 1 GB or 1 x 2 GB (+ 512 MB that's already in it for 2.5 GB), either way you're looking at less than $60 after shipping and taxes. There's no point in getting more than 2.5 GB w/ XP as you won't notice the difference going w/ more than that.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...mp;promoid=1087

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...mp;promoid=1087

As for battery life, I can't remember exactly what you have, but IIRC, it's a 17" laptop. 2 hours is pretty normal for a 17" laptop. You can pick up a high-capacity battery for about $200 that will give you 50% more battery life.

Edit: I searched and found your laptop - http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=e...rt=4512#spectop

I know I'm in the same boat as a few people. Had this laptop since may 06. I WANT a new one, and I like my Toshiba.............I just don't like Vista.

J

sup sean??

big plans for this evening? i've got vodka and citrus poweraide on the ready. might get another tattoo, lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just trying to post an ad for my other sled. Got the itch for a Fusion/IQ and am selling my whole lot to get one. Rode the damn bro-in-laws two days ago and now I need one :D

Sister is having a big bash tonight, have to unpack shit here (we moved all our stuff from storage yesterday), go clean the storage locker and since I have a covered trailer stop by and pick up my motorcycle. Then the drinking will commence.

Just trying to post an ad for my other sled. Got the itch for a Fusion/IQ and am selling my whole lot to get one. Rode the damn bro-in-laws two days ago and now I need one :D

Sister is having a big bash tonight, have to unpack shit here (we moved all our stuff from storage yesterday), go clean the storage locker and since I have a covered trailer stop by and pick up my motorcycle. Then the drinking will commence.

this fusion is a snowmobile? remember, i don't get much snow here, lol. and again with the motorcycle. i must ahve missed it yet again....what exactly is it?

damn my old age, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yes it is another sled.

As for the motorcycle, I just bought it to finally get a legal license for riding one. 1982 Honda 750. Only has 4000 miles on it and was a whopping $700. In pretty good shape, but I won't have it for long. I just don't find it enjoyable to cruise around with 9000rpms flying around between my legs.

Yes it is another sled.

As for the motorcycle, I just bought it to finally get a legal license for riding one. 1982 Honda 750. Only has 4000 miles on it and was a whopping $700. In pretty good shape, but I won't have it for long. I just don't find it enjoyable to cruise around with 9000rpms flying around between my legs.

i used to own a 1975 cb750k4 (first year of the 4 carbs, 4 cylinders), i don't remember it needing to run at 9k, even at it's whooping top speed of 110mph or so. though with the few mods i need, it would get most of that in the 1/8th, lol. but the 750 was kinda cramped for me, and you have 4" in height on me. can on imagine how you would feel after a real ride on it....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Think I'm I'm about to go drive old blue and listen to my system... I'm already starting to miss it

everyone seems to be a moron these days :gayhaaay1:

:woot: for New Years Eve. Big party at my friends house down the street, hope I can pull a lady tonight and end the year off just right ;)

:woot: for New Years Eve. Big party at my friends house down the street, hope I can pull a lady tonight and end the year off just right ;)

pull who?

dont do what u did last time at this guys house when drinking was involved lol

Just took my first venture over to the eD site. Don't know why.

Boy has that 'company' grown.

James, thanks for the links and advice - I'll probably just go right to the (2)x 2 GB sticks.

2.5 GB of RAM seems like a lot. But, I know little about computers.

Yes it is another sled.

i used to own a 1975 cb750k4 (first year of the 4 carbs, 4 cylinders), i don't remember it needing to run at 9k, even at it's whooping top speed of 110mph or so. though with the few mods i need, it would get most of that in the 1/8th, lol. but the 750 was kinda cramped for me, and you have 4" in height on me. can on imagine how you would feel after a real ride on it....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

82 is bigger than the 75 (I think) as I fit pretty well. My w can't even stand over it. It doesn't need to run to 9k, but at no matter what rpm it feels like it is screaming. IIRC near 7k at highway speed.

Really impressed with the prototype Mark sent me.

which?

the three times all good restaurants are booked: new year's, valentine's, mother's day

who's working tonight? 5 servers, 1 server assistant (me), 1 bartender, no barbacks, 2 hosts

How many reservations do we have? At least 35

Fuck New Year's :suicide-santa:

We crossed the 85% bandwidth mark for this month. Guess we are going to have to up the hosting package again. :(

The shop should be starting to pick up now ... may be enough to cover that?

It has its moments. :)

But it will be a long time before Mark and I actually get paid for all the work.

Really impressed with the prototype Mark sent me.

So hows about a review and some pictures please?