mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

oops..just noticed you aren't one of the people from last weekend....so do you mean nick from wv? his name was mustang something.... or do you mean someone else?

i actually thought about hte rubber hammer thing, but i'm used to working on cars, i don't know enough about speakers to fix it myself

Forget it. That driver is FOCKED!

Hammer will not help a bit other than to relieve some frustration.

what if he is the hulk......

Then the hammer is futile at any point, as well as the driver. Get all buffed up and green and go tear down RE, or Adire, or JL, RF, or Kicker, and take whatever you want. Then shrink back down to size and dissappear into the wind. :fing34: Now THAT'S a freakin plan!

but it sounds fine? how is that possible? maybe my ears just suck

Forget it.  That driver is FOCKED!

Is it just me or did I just recently see a similar problem (might've even been on the Mags themselves) where one was dropped during shipping it and it shifted like that?

but it sounds fine? how is that possible? maybe my ears just suck

If it sounds fine, don't worry about it. If there was a problem with the coil rubbing, you would definately hear it.

i'm thinking it was 1/2 of chad^2....and it was a mag (as in tirefryr's avatar) fedex dropped it, magnet chipped and everything, so should i file it with fedex? how do i do that?

btw this was sent with signature required but nobody signed for it that i know of. Go Figure...it was just sitting on my porch

Well, the beater goes back to the tranny shop tomorrow. SOB been shifting hard as hell on both up and down shifts. It's kinda cool cuz the shock causes massive tire spin, but it's seriously starting to break some stuff. Thank God for warranty work. Put the scanner on it and had 26 different tranny codes. All were related to the TC, and they charged me for a new one. Hmm. . . . Guess I need to learn how to rebuild transmissions now.

i'm thinking it was 1/2 of chad^2....and it was a mag (as in tirefryr's avatar) fedex dropped it, magnet chipped and everything, so should i file it with fedex? how do i do that?

Now I remember. It was one of the Protos Nick got, or some early drivers. Yes! The FedeX guy pwnt the MAG!

I don't see how you would be able to file a claim. Technically there is a problem, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the mechanical workings of the driver itself. I don't know what to tell you on that one. How long have you had it and/or used it before you noticed this?

Bedtime for me. PEACE!

just got it today....noticed before i hooked it up, hooked it up to make sure it worked. Hell its fedex, if i say the freq response is obviously screwed you think they'll know any better?

Okay, how in the hell did that happen? Make my 7K post and it drops me down 20 posts! Oh well.

Guess I need to learn how to rebuild transmissions now.

That and rear-ends ... :)

i like working on rear ends.....prefer 80's imports

Well, the beater goes back to the tranny shop tomorrow.  SOB been shifting hard as hell on both up and down shifts.  It's kinda cool cuz the shock causes massive tire spin, but it's seriously starting to break some stuff.  Thank God for warranty work.  Put the scanner on it and had 26 different tranny codes.  All were related to the TC, and they charged me for a new one.  Hmm. . . .  Guess I need to learn how to rebuild transmissions now.

Trannies are not what I would call fun to take apart. Well rephrase that, put together.

i like working on rear ends.....prefer 80's imports

I like working on rear ends too...prefer blonde dutch women.

at work today we had a girl with the biggest boobs i think i've ever seen, even the girls working there were... :blink:

she wasn't hot, but i didn't see anything above or below the huge boobs....good day today

Tranny guys at stealerships can make a 6 figure income.

I wouldnt mind that at all

Sid Miers is a god eh?

How is Civ 4? I was thinking of grabb0ring it since I finished Black & White 2.

Oddly addicting ... I can't seem to stop playing :P

FYI, you need a lot of RAM ... Takes up 384 MB with 5 players halfway through the game ... I tried playing with 8 players and it was using up 425 MB of RAM and 3.86 GB of Page File by the 1600s (30-60 seconds between turns for my computer; 2500+ overclocked to 2035 MHz, 512 MB of PC333, highly overclocked GeForce4 MX440, overclocked AGP slot) :faintthud:

This is the only game I've had that has stressed my computer to a point where it's noticably slow ...

What sort of clock speeds can you get out of the MX440?

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1242

"I'm frankly a little stunned at how well this card overclocked; moving from merely 270MHz/400MHz to 415MHz/713MHz is nothing to scoff at, especially for a budget videocard!"

Mine isn't quite as overclocked (350/640), but it's been overclocked that much for over 3 years now, so it's proven to be quite reliable ... on the stock cooling, too ...