mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I actually think I'm going to get something to eat now.

The Wendy's about a half mile away looks awfully tempting right now...

i just had a turkey sandwich and choco chip cookies

I drank my drinking boots off. O boy, work tomorrow, is, going, to, kill, me

DIES DIES DIES

i want drinking boots, they sound fun

Its now $1.99-$2.07 here :woot:

And Morning...

$1.97 here :D

I have a nice pair of drinking boots.

Wait - they're the same boots that I wear all the time :)

Actually thinking of buying a new pair...probably going Wolverine this time.

I want a pair of "hangover be gone" boots--now them would be good for drinkin'

Oh, and the window sticker in my car says 11 city 20 hwy; premium only. Your neon will be similar when your done NR, and you have to buy Canadian gas. I suppose yours is in 100L/km or some crap?

When gas was bad I filled the truck up (dual tanks) and my bass boat (dual tanks) for a total of 78 gallons at $3.0x a gallon. That f'in hurt. Hardly used the boat this summer because of it. No wot that's for sure--Booo!

Last I saw, it was down to 88.9 cents/liter here, which is like $2.75 USD/US Gallon (quick guess)

Been up for the last 30 minutes trying to phone my new job ... I didn't talk to the manager last night (he went home early) and am wanting to make sure he isn't expecting me to come in ... He said he'd give me Tuesdays and Wednesdays off for school, but he wanted me to come in yesterday despite that, which was fine by me, but I need Wednesday off to study. I find it hard to believe that no one is there when I would start in 2 minutes ... GF went in to work early this morning (she was gone when I got up at 7:30), so I can't even get there anyways ...

Just got the Mazda back.

Total bill was $660 and change.

$370 something for the fuel pump (it's a $211 part, guy basically made $160). $20 for a fuel filter. $190 something for labor. $80 in taxes.

If you remember I had to replace one earlier this year as well (different vehicle) ... and this is the second time I've heard "don't let your gas drop below 1/4 or your fuel pump will die." ... right. Ryan called bullchit on that one before.

Story goes a little something like:

They received the car during the day on Wednesday.

Thursday - I phone. "we're busy, we'll get to it when we get to it - hopefully Monday. We have ordered the part."

Funny little thing here. I called the local parts store - four fuel pumps in stock for my car. $211 each. Instead they order a part from Vancouver which comes in on Tuesday and I have to pay shipping.

Friday - "We're behind but we're taking friday/saturday/sunday off of work"

Monday - "Part didn't come in, it'll be here for sure tomorrow"

Tuesday - "Yeah we're done total bill is $662 come pick it up we're going to close early today"

"So, why didn't you guys go pick up the part from the local dealer ? Would've been cheaper, quicker, and more effective for you and myself."

We don't deal like that. Sorry.

So I pay and then he tells me what was wrong.

"So the fuel pump, which is in your gas tank, died. And your fuel filter which looks like this (*holds up an oil filer*) was clogged."

That's odd, I replaced the fuel filter two and a half weeks ago.

"Oh, we had to change it for warranty purposes" (This is true)

So ... why did you just tell me that the filter was clogged?

"Oh, and don't let your gas go below 1/4 tank - this will kill your fuel pump"

Yikes. I hate dealing with people.

Just got the Mazda back.

Total bill was $660 and change.

$370 something for the fuel pump (it's a $211 part, guy basically made $160). $20 for a fuel filter. $190 something for labor. $80 in taxes.

If you remember I had to replace one earlier this year as well (different vehicle) ... and this is the second time I've heard "don't let your gas drop below 1/4 or your fuel pump will die." ... right. Ryan called bullchit on that one before.

Story goes a little something like:

They received the car during the day on Wednesday.

Thursday - I phone. "we're busy, we'll get to it when we get to it - hopefully Monday. We have ordered the part."

Funny little thing here. I called the local parts store - four fuel pumps in stock for my car. $211 each. Instead they order a part from Vancouver which comes in on Tuesday and I have to pay shipping.

Friday - "We're behind but we're taking friday/saturday/sunday off of work"

Monday - "Part didn't come in, it'll be here for sure tomorrow"

Tuesday - "Yeah we're done total bill is $662 come pick it up we're going to close early today"

"So, why didn't you guys go pick up the part from the local dealer ? Would've been cheaper, quicker, and more effective for you and myself."

We don't deal like that. Sorry.

So I pay and then he tells me what was wrong.

"So the fuel pump, which is in your gas tank, died. And your fuel filter which looks like this (*holds up an oil filer*) was clogged."

That's odd, I replaced the fuel filter two and a half weeks ago.

"Oh, we had to change it for warranty purposes" (This is true)

So ... why did you just tell me that the filter was clogged?

"Oh, and don't let your gas go below 1/4 tank - this will kill your fuel pump"

Yikes. I hate dealing with people.

Don't even get me started on auto repair shops ...

My GF's catalytic converter imploded 2 years ago and, instead of just replacing what was broken (cat), they fitted an all-new exhaust, new muffler, and even replaced the air filter (which didn't need to be replaced as I had just got a new one for it 2.5 months prior) ... Total bill comes out to $964 ...

After checking over the bill, I see that they charged $30.61 for the air filter ... I took it out and it was the EXACT same filter I'd just purchased 2.5 months ago for $5.84 from Wal-Mart ... pucking con artists ... I went in there pissed off and asked to see the dealer cost on the filter and they absolutely refused to tell me ...

Oh, and on top of that, they also charged for 0.1 hours of labour @ $79.50/hour to install the filter. I asked them about this, too, and their response was that they charge $79.50/hour when they work on the car after-hours (after 5) ... 8 pucking dollars to install a new, overpriced air filter that didn't need replacing and we didn't even ask for ... what a pucking joke ...

Okay, I've now been phoning my work for the last 45 minutes and no one has picked up yet ... WTF ?

Guess you were 'sposed to open?

He can't just expect me to come in on Wednesdays when I told him both during the interview and on my first day that I seriously can't come in on Wednesdays and he said that was fine; that he'd give me Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. But he told me to come in yesterday, so I'm not sure if he's expecting me to come in today.

I'm addicted to Civilization 4 ... I don't understand why ...

I try to repair as much stuff myself as possible just to avoid that crap.

I normally do ... but I just don't have the time right now.