mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

That's it.

I'm taking a week hiatus from CA.com. It's just too damn insulting to my intelligence. Between the perennial Type R quabbles to the fact that we have a basically unresponsive admin and a mod team that can't do anything to bring the forum to heel, I'm thoroughly disgusted with it.

I have one deal pending, but other than checking my PM's I won't be active. Who knows, maybe that one week will turn into something more...time to increase the traffic here @ SSA :D

hey hey turns out my timing belt was so loose it was slapping the cover, didn't jump time though thank god (not a non-interference engine).

Did you yank out the inner fender well? I don't know crap about the Stratus but it surely helps on lots of other front pumpers.

so i am officially moved out. No more livign with the cousin. He totally showed his ass while i was moving out, got all hostile and since i don't have to deal with him anymore i got hostile right back, he started yelling and started to approach me and once he realized i was wanting him to give me a reason to kick his ass, he backed off and got all calm. Not to mention i brought the bro-in-law along who isn't the least intimidating person you'd ever see. (not to fight, just to make sure jerry didn't do something stupid)

So its been an eventful pucking weekend for me. And all along barely any time with the gf. Now i have finals coming up and i'll be even more busy. I have a 69 average in anatomy and need to bring it up enough to have a C in the class, problem is we have 5 tests and a cumulative final (which is optional and can take the place of one of the 5 tests). sooo i'm going to have to kick ass on a cumulative final in order to bring my average up. Never Going To Happen. Maybe she'll like me enough to raise the grade.

I still haven't even really moved my chit into the room in the new apt, i spent sooo much money with the move and fixing the car. And then jim shows me deadener for sale...pucking arseho, i have no money and he shows me a great deal :-P

I will find a way around it though.

hmm lets see what else is going on. chewy has to get his teeth cleaned which is going to cost me more money that i don't have, so i am selling my body. And i still haven't bought any x-mas gifts.

I need to sleep, gotta get up at like 9am tomorrow and drive to bburg

fudge everyone that has had a normal past few days, i hate you

hey hey turns out my timing belt was so loose it was slapping the cover, didn't jump time though thank god (not a non-interference engine).  Hopefully will be able to fix tomorrow....i hope that the 98 2.4 had the hydraulic timing belt tensioner

98 Stratus right? how many miles?

122k on it. Worked from about 1pm today till nearly midnight. I cannot believe how much of a pain the ass that was. There wasn't enough room to do anything on that side of the engine.

my gf has a 97 Stratus, it has 140k-145k i think, it's on its last leg too, supposedly they just completely die when they reach high mileage

Did you yank out the inner fender well?  I don't know crap about the Stratus but it surely helps on lots of other front pumpers.

i've done this job so many times on a 2.2...the stratus is HELL. You have to remove the motor mount to get to the timing belt tensioner. Well the bolts are so long that you can't take them out all the way, and then you can't really remove the mount either. So you have to jack the engine up/down to remove the bolts then finally get it off, there is so little room that you can barely route the belt. The way the thing is tensioned IMO isn't consistent enough and my haynes manual said to leave the exhaust cam 1/2 tooth down (clockwise). Tried this and the timing was off, retimed it and it came up the same. (first time cranked and wouldn't run for shiz, 2nd knew it was same as first) so i time it with the exhaust 1 1/2 teeth down, it doesn't look anything like the book, and it runs great.

accessory belts (1 for power steering, 1 for a/c alt idler etc) both of which didn't have a clear tensioner? coudlnt' find instructions for it anywhere int he haynes(or was it a chilton?). End up just adjusting the alt in and power steering same way (loosening the brackets) which was nearly impossible to get to. I really dont' think i'll ever do the job again, if the belt fudges up again, i'm pushing the car over a hill

hey hey turns out my timing belt was so loose it was slapping the cover, didn't jump time though thank god (not a non-interference engine).

If i could fill the burb for $23 i would floor it everywhere.

Steves post cracked me up :owned:

So I go into Canadian Tire today.

Matt, want to get together and study for teh calc final sometime?

God knows I need it, lol...

They aren't closing them out; it's a special buy item (indicated by the 99-xxxx-x number) meaning they don't normally carry them and only brought them in for that sale ...  and it does come with a charger :P

Mmmmmmm no charger here. Drill + one battery in the case. Ridiculous.

Snowing here now.

30 degrees last I checked, just covering the ground for now...tonight should be interesting.

Well, we got our first real slippery weather of the season Saturday night. There was snow on the ground that had melted, then at night it got cold enough for that water to refreeze and then a nice, wet slick snow fell on top of the ice.

So, on the way home from my girlfriend's company's christmas party I was able to demonstrate for her how to sucessfully recover from an inadvertant slide on icey roads :D Ofcourse this demonstration included on-coming traffic in the other lane of the road.......

Well, we got our first real slippery weather of the season Saturday night.  There was snow on the ground that had melted, then at night it got cold enough for that water to refreeze and then a nice, wet slick snow fell on top of the ice.

So, on the way home from my girlfriend's company's christmas party I was able to demonstrate for her how to sucessfully recover from an inadvertant slide on icey roads :D  Ofcourse this demonstration included on-coming traffic in the other lane of the road.......

smooth :P

Fudgeeeeeeeee I'm cold. I'd be just fine if the dang heater was on.

Feels Like: 50

Well, we got our first real slippery weather of the season Saturday night.  There was snow on the ground that had melted, then at night it got cold enough for that water to refreeze and then a nice, wet slick snow fell on top of the ice.

So, on the way home from my girlfriend's company's christmas party I was able to demonstrate for her how to sucessfully recover from an inadvertant slide on icey roads :D  Ofcourse this demonstration included on-coming traffic in the other lane of the road.......

You lived. Thats good.

Alright, tis time to take my dreaded human physiology and anthro final. Tootles.

:peepwall:
Well, we got our first real slippery weather of the season Saturday night.

Alright, tis time to take my dreaded human physiology and anthro final. Tootles.

Luckily, I have two more days to study for my finals :)

Except for history, which I could take without studying for it and still make an A-.

Did I already say I'm giving up on CA.com for a whiile? I think I did.

It bears repeating.

Been spending more time over on AudioAsylum...

the average age is around 35, avg. income is about quadruple what CA.com is, and the maturity level is leagues higher...too bad they don't know how to have fun :)