mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I went to CC today. Looked around at what they had. A lot of kicker products.

The prefab L5's sound like poop, the SQ just isnt there. Took me 5 tries to get the subwoofer amp to work since most of the sub amps dont work.

I talked to the guy there and asked him when they are getting Eclipse in, he didnt know. I also informed him that Kicker has a whole new 2k6 line.

I told him the new L5 is like the old L7 and the new L7 is better than the old.

He had no idea what i was saying. Stupid n00b.

He also told me that underpowering speakers blows them. I told him, uhh, no it doesnt. If he didnt say that he wouldve been cool.

Sometimes its nice to pwn n00bs like that.

Have youll heard of newsfutures.com? Pretty interesting. Saw it on one of those sunday morning shows a few hours ago, and have been checking it out.

you know the weather down here in oklahoma is great this time of year, just like summer up in your neck of the woods. like mid 30's

And oh so similar with all those forest fires/brush fires you guys are having down there between Oklahoma and Texas.

lol, I remember being in Colorado when there were forest fires going on. They were pretty scary, always wondeirng which way the wind was going to shift.

Anyone been keeping up with the HD Radio or whatever it's called? Details / cliffs notes?

I was flipping through the channels and I believe I seen a clip from CES regarding the HD radio ... all I heard was the dude say "free" so I automatically assume HD Radio will = t3h w!n.

And it'll give me an excuse to buy a new Alpine.

Nope.

The only reason i listen to the radio is because i dont have any cd's burned.

I personally think its dumb. Its probably for FM only.

Anyone else having trouble with Pioneer's site?

I found out that i can get free VIP tickets to the LA Auto show from my MB dealer.

How cool is that !

They had 3 SL500's,2 SL55's and one S550 ( not avaliable to the public for sale)

It has a LCD speedometer, its pretty neat-o

Edited by Eldorado

here for a moment, abreviated update...

crazy life here, Amanda has a lung virus that she cannot take the right medication for because she is pregnant, so we spend christmas & haunkka & closing of our house in St. Joes Hospital, :faintthud:

she is getting better day by day, but she has to stay at home all the time, meaning I am moving little by little by myself, but she needs to rest, the doctors have her on O2 24/7, so we have oxygen tanks all over the apartment, and a O2 Extractor/Compresser running all day and night making sleeping hard, she is needing it less and less everyday so her system is beating this thing on its own even with the baby taking almost all of her resources (quite facinating to me),

the baby is doing great, we are 2 weeks into birth classes, he is not affected by the virus (according to the doctors, he is getting everything he needs and Amanda suffers)

fired up the seld today for the first time in over 2 months, started instantly on the first try, and drove as smooth as the day I parked it, (no question in what company my next car will be) can't wait to come back to VA and see the mastery of Ramos, just itching to finish the car's audio (makes me wish I had waited on buying a few items due to prices falling for 2004 and 2005 models) :madsign:

Ryan, sorry your bummed out, anytime you want to get out of town (as long as we are finished moving in to the new house) you are welcome to get away here, and we are less than 2 hours from a few different beaches.....

So glad to have Kent back up to speed :hay:

recent lesson learned by me>> Express for Men shirts SUCK ASS, they are cut for our resident white honky or lankier (if thats a word), I have never been so angry about the design of clothes (not style but the functional) its my fault for not being a chain smoking unathletic frenchy to fit into Express clothes,

best haunkka present, Big Dremel tool set, and 170 piece attachment kit, (sorry no pix at the moment, personal machine with digicam card reader is not moved in yet) :ehh:

I hope to get you guys some pix of the new house, for a first house, it is near impossible to beat (price, size, neighborhood, commute, land, etc) except no garage for the sled, oh well next house will have one (an absolute must!!!) :nightrider:

now that I have the space, this summer I will be in need of some HT gurus, wanting to make a similar project to what Steveo made, but I was thinking of doing a smaller practice version for computer speakers for the trial run.. :OhYeah:

sorry for the ramble, so much going on at once, my head is spinning all the time, oh yeah forgot to mention, the PhD is going on hold for about a year, but as of Tuesday I am a graduate Student of Florida Institute of Technology, I am going to snatch up another M.S. to switch into the higher govt. engineer payband, oh and I am not picking up the tution tab, I can be AHC B.A., B.S., M.S.^2, (math joke) :loser:

Hope Amanda comes out okay and everything goes well. I appreciate the offer to visit man. That's a really awesome gesture.

I was one number away from Powerball the other day, and I had some awesome ideas running through my head. One would be a large SSaudio get-together. That would be sweet.

Sorry to hear about the virus, but I'm glad to hear Amanda is getting better :)

Better give your kid a hard time about sucking away mommy's resources :P

Well, I just placed a $100 order with PE.......and all I ordered was cables :(:)

PE > Me

Gave in and bought a pair of the Dayton 15" DVC subwoofers that are on sale........ :Doh:

Denim, hope everything with Amanda works out alright. Pregnancy is always kind of a scary time for that exact reason....so many sicknesses out there that can make the woman & baby sick, but they can't take many of the meds because of the pregnancy.

You could always build a garage , no ?

the HOA won't allow it, I researched it hardcore :hyper:

Hope Amanda comes out okay and everything goes well.  I appreciate the offer to visit man.  That's a really awesome gesture.

I was one number away from Powerball the other day, and I had some awesome ideas running through my head.  One would be a large SSaudio get-together.  That would be sweet.

I have always wanted to do that, maybe invade someone in the SoCal region, or heck vegas

Hmm. New idea for the beater. Get a preamp with MVC and just use the Omnifi. No need for a headunit. I like this idea. Get one with an AUX in and can add whatever I want later. Hmm. Time to sell the Eclipse me thinks.