mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

why can i not find a set of springs that don't lower my car? what if i like my ride height? god i hate ricers

also, do these places use shock/strut as the same thing? i was always taught that the strut had the thing witht the spring..ok i'm rambling, but one place said i have shocks on front and rear, the other says strut on front and rear, and nobody shows a damn part number,

oh yea, 6min fast for me too, maybe i'm just slow though

I'm guessing you probably have struts at all 4 corners.

Since Koni's are made more for performance and are usually stiffer being lower sort of go hand and hand. Can't imagine it will make that much difference though. 3/4"? A little lower always looks better, too much is sad :(

And the difference between a shock and strut is the shock will only control up and down motion. You can remove a shock and the vehicle will still funtion. A strut compbines the action of a shock, but it is also another integral part of the suspension system as a whole. If you vehicle has a strut instead of a shock and you remove it, you will not be able to drive the vehicle due to the other suspension pieces not being connected to the vehicle. Not all struts have coil-over spring setups which are called a MacPherson type strut.

Take my Cobra for example. I have struts on the front, but they connect the spindle to the caster/camber plates. Remove the struts and you have a flopping A-arm and spindle/hub/rotor. The particular design on the Mustang, stock, is a coil spring seated in the A-arm cup with the other end sitting in the K-member. Now, I switched to coil-overs, but I still retain the struts. If I were to go with a dual A-arm front suspension, the strut would be removed and a shock added in the middle of the coil spring which would now be placed in between the short and long arms.

Out back they use a standard shock setup. The spring is held in place by a perch on the lower control arms and another perch attached to the unibody. I can remove the shock and have no adver effect on the movement of the car other than crappy handling and no damping control, but the vehicle will still be driveable.

awesome info tirefryr i appreciate it.

As for lowering springs the least i can find is 1.5/1.3" drop which is more than i would want.

What year is your car? Two guys I work with are certified Daimler Chrysler Master tech for years, so I can get any info you need.

Koo. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Torsion bars ftw !

Make it an aircooled while your at it.

Where's my boy Aaron at?!?!?!?1

nG

:peepwall: