mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Online is also not an option ...

Buying a new TV tomorrow ...  but I need to decide whether or not I'm going to go the cheap route (27" Sony Wega, keep current TV stand) or the expensive route (30" or more widesceen HDTV + new TV stand) ...  The 27" Wega will end up being well under $400 after taxes whereas the HDTV route is going to cost me at least $900 and a lot more effort ...  Plus, I can do a lot with $500+, so I think I'm going to end up going the 27" route then upgrading to an LCD in a few years because they'll both improve and come down in price considerably in that time frame ...

GF wants to go with the 50" Sony Wega LCD Projection TV from Costco for $2300 (which, BTW, is $500 less than Futureshop plus it includes a stand), but I'd rather put that money towards something more important (school or new car) ...

I'd say go on the supercheap and get a used 30" tv until you can afford to spend the money on the 50+. I have been waiting for the 62's to be less than $2k and I am sure that at some point this year they will. You should be able to get a used 30 for $175 that isn't HD, but has a good picture and you won't feel bad replacing it later.

If I get a 30" TV, then I have to replace my TV stand because it will only fit up to a 27" TV ... And, locally, I can't get a decent 27" TV used for under $200; most people want $250-$300 and I'd rather pay the extra $50 and buy new ...

I'd just go with the 27".

Spend the extra on the more important things you mentioned ... school, new vehicle, etc.

True, the diff between 27 & 30 isn't all that much. Lets you maybe move a foot back further. Didn't realize used was that hard to come by in BC.

been sick, pucking again, this time its a chest cold, thank god no sore throat so i'll live

got the new tires on the stratus, they rub when you're really pushing it around a curve, soooo i'll be saving up for some KONI's, i would put better springs on it but i really don't want a drop.

fixed moms car finally, all the problems were coming from a hole in the air box ...damn VAF

shanna got smart, we fixed the problems

oh yea, anyone know the actual diameter for a 4ga wire? i got these distro blocks and i swear they look like 8ga not 4ga

True, the diff between 27 & 30 isn't all that much.  Lets you maybe move a foot back further.  Didn't realize used was that hard to come by in BC.

Its not...

james is just lazy

True, the diff between 27 & 30 isn't all that much.  Lets you maybe move a foot back further.  Didn't realize used was that hard to come by in BC.

It's not ... but if he goes with the 30" he'll have to replace the TV stand.

Just = more $ spent.

James, I say you stash the money for more important things...

If you guys get serious about buying one, send me a PM with the model number you are looking for.

oh yea, anyone know the actual diameter for a 4ga wire? i got these distro blocks and i swear they look like 8ga not 4ga

I thought by definition 4 gauge was 1/4", 2 gauge 1/2", 6 gauge 1/6" of course not including the jacket.

I'd stick with the 27"...

I need a new stand for all my stuff, though :( Wire rack shelves just aren't going to cut it, I'm afraid...

I thought by definition 4 gauge was 1/4", 2 gauge 1/2", 6 gauge 1/6" of course not including the jacket.

awesome, the input on this is 1/2" and the outputs are a little larger than 1/4"

What kind of portable mp3 player are you guys using? I hate to jump right on the bandwagon with the Apple but any cool accessory caters to it specifically.

Any opinions on the best mp3 player?

Also..does any HU with an auxillary input work with an mp3 player?

Any kind but the pod...

That is a Great use of an aux input.

I like the one from Archos but apparently it only supports WMAs. And that would bug me if I was the type to downlaod music in a non-legal fashion.

Creatives are nice but you can't listen to music and look at pictures...sigh.

This is better suited for some mp3 player forum I think :dj:

food for thought

should ....

A) spend money on KONIs for the strat or

B) upgrade to two ava 12s

C) just get front KONI and one AVA and save up and get the rear/other ava later

both would include selling the two atlas 15s and the ava 15, if

Matt, one driver...

Shanna, you're asking someone who just spent $600 on over 50-year old playback technology instead of buying an Ipod. I'm not the one to ask :D

To anyone...

Someone build me an equipment rack :(

I like the ipod so far except for the fact that itunes is a big piece of shit.

food for thought

should ....

A) spend money on KONIs for the strat or

B) upgrade to two ava 12s

C) just get front KONI and one AVA and save up and get the rear/other ava later

both would include selling the two atlas 15s and the ava 15,  if

Just get the subs. Konis on a Stratus? Why? It's a Stratus. . . We all know the ONLY decent Chrysler product worth putting any time and money into is the Viper.

I'm off to see the wizard. . .

The wonderful wizard of POONTANG PIE!

Matt, one driver...

Shanna, you're asking someone who just spent $600 on over 50-year old playback technology instead of buying an Ipod. I'm not the one to ask :D

To anyone...

Someone build me an equipment rack :(

$600, did you buy a new tone arm? :D

As for a rack, you could go this route:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.c...tnumber=262-410

Here is another option, DIY, I built this to hold my Adcom amp on its own shelf so it could breath. Only have a 30" tv right now so it holds that or hopefully a ~60" DLP when they get a bit cheaper--I figured 30+ tv base is wide enough for the DLP.

Front view, side view shows the little box that normally hides the wires. I realize the wires are a mess, but my whole setup is moved a bit (no I really like my speakers sitting 4" from the tv) because I am working on building a mantle, which is why I post the last pic. The fireplace used to be really ugly brick. Covered the bottom in Marble and am building a maple mantle (mantel??).

Doh! Give me a second and I will host those.

F'in Putfile isn't working. I insert pics we get foreign character thumbnail, pennis insert pictures we have nice amp rack. No beer make Homer crazy!

I have one of those Middle Atlantic 2-space rack units for my dbx EQ and DVD player...while it's OK for lightweight stuff, my amplifiers are going to weigh in at close to 100lbs. combined...that bottom shelf is going to have to be a bouff hanz of a shelf.