mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Guys, trust me, just getting something small that she would like is light years better than getting her nothing at all, heck just spending $7 on her is more than worth it.  I don't claim to be an expert in this area, but I have made enough mistakes in the past and have really made mental notes to correct them.  Her seeing you made the effort is a big deal.  In many instances, just taking the bullet to make her happy is the best way.  It took me years to really learn that and just let things go and move on because there are so many things that have greater importance and value than fighting over the little things.  I see it this way, you don't want her holding in her memory that you did not get her something this year because she will hold on to that and use it against you and might not ever forget it as long as you are with her.  Ok that is enough from me on that stuff.

Anyway, I am always trying to get more members over here.  If you guys direct more people here traffic will continue to grow.  The more quality members the better.

Aaron, you a wise man and a fool wrapped up into one. You'll make a perfect husband. :P

I'm just a jakcalope who expects equality. You want a gift from me, better get me something.

I know what you mean. In my situation, she is the mother of my soon to be child. So, in my place I do what ever she needs (to a point, plus a little fun loving heckle or two). But I am the proactive type who still likes equality. I am lucky enough that I don't have to do something first just to get her to do it. So far since I have been able to $$ take care of us and our needs, there has been no heat about a mysterious long box that says 8002 on it that showed up, or the numerous drivers that litter our nice laundry/storage room.

Agreed. Treat her well, but make sure she knows her place. Don't eff with the long box, or in your case the Merc.

auction ended yesterday, dude still hasn't gotten back to me yet :(

and now I need to walk 15min to pick up my van where I left it last night.

Tell me about it, nice and warm here; I had to drive around with the windows down ...  Had to be at least 15 out ...

I'm glad it's not raining over there for a change :)

Another nice day today. Maybe I'll make use of it by wasting time indoors :rolleyes:

Jimbo, what you think of them Pro-Ject 'tables? They seem to come with nice cartridges.....

The Debut series is basically a lot like the Music Hall MMF 2.1 - just your basic, no frills belt-drive unit. The stock Sumiko carts are pretty pimp, but the tonearms seem a bit iffy in stock form...unless you go to a Perspective or something like that :D

The RM-9 or whatever it is with the circular plinth looks sweet, but I haven't really read any reviews on it.

Honestly, if you're looking for a 'table in the $300-$500 range, a used Rega Planar 3 is the balls. That RB-300 tonearm doesn't have a cult following for no reason. Problem is finding one in decent shape...which is why I went the modded AR route instead. I'm going to upgrade to the Rega tonearm eventually, though :)

Moth Audio out of the UK also has a business building Rega clones - the Moth Alamo X is nothing but a Rega Planar 2 without the name.

Well the Rega is of course nice but why go with that when I can just get a VPI Scout? :P

The guy who built my table sells SME retrofit kits for the arm...'tis pimp, to say the least.

So, I contact this guy about buying his amps off-Ebay last night @ 11, when the auction for them ends with no bids. He still hasn't gotten back to me.

Maybe I e-smell...:(

This isn't related to my amp...I found someone that's going to trade his preamp for my amp. These are what's going to replace it...if the dude ever checks his inbox :)

Did ok on physics midterm, 36/50, avg was 27. Got an A in history of paris :D. I have a feeling cell biology is not gonna be pretty.

Tell me about it, nice and warm here; I had to drive around with the windows down ...

hope you feel better james,

Tell me about it, nice and warm here; I had to drive around with the windows down ...  Had to be at least 15 out ...

I'm glad it's not raining over there for a change :)

Another nice day today. Maybe I'll make use of it by wasting time indoors :rolleyes:

We had over a month and a half straight of rain ... it was pucking ridiculous ...

On another note, I collapsed at work today ... Apparently, I'm not quite over my pneumonia ... Oh well, at least I get a long weekend

Pneumonia, 15 deg and driving with the windows down. Were you chain smoking lucky strikes too?

Sorry to hear you are sick tho, get better.

(assuming you dumbed down your C's to F's for us yanks)

Aaron, i could not get into the site all morning (since about 10am, AZ time)

still having some issues with it

i've been getting the "website not responding message"

maybe this is something you need to look into

I need some fake Oakley or something sunglasses. I don't want to wear my good ones all of the time.

Wish I could find those fake ones they sell in Mexico for a few bucks around here or on ebay.

Ology has a section now?