mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

True , I get a quick glance through the windows, then wave me on. :)

True ,  I get a quick glance through the windows, then wave me on. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-PUNCH...1QQcmdZViewItem :lickscreen:

And the scanner set to their dispatch channel is just an added touch ;)

:OhYeah::lol:

I was helping my friend move his uncles stuff out, so I go into the garage and see a ferrari. I see the door not closed tightly, so I open it to get in and the alarm goes crazy :(

Did you still sit in it?

nope. scared the alarm would go off again, and we didnt have the keys

Ryan, Kudos to you on your L3 post.

You know, I put no basis on Scott's accomplishements in SQ. IASCA is SO political it's not even funny. I have no doubt he makes a great product and is a great guy, but ah, screw it. I'm just sick of seeing people cry. Grow some balls.

How'd you like sifting through that mess?

Funny thing is, I never put much emphasis on graphs either. I have seen one too many drivers plot chitty in many areas, yet enjoyed the way they sound.

NP knows what he is talking about and described the sound of the driver. Simple as that.

The sifting was actually sort of fun; however, it did change my respect levels for a few people....and not NP. His evaluations and service are great for the DIY enthusiast and of course measurements are just that, measurements everyone is really looking for what subjectively sounds the best but the information he posts gives you at least part of the picture.

btw, how cheap are dvd players on your side of the pond ?

I've seen them for less than $20, but they are real chitty.

$50 PE order on its way...

amazing how simple connectors and wire can add up

But, need it to hook everything up right.

Got the xbox hooke up but when I hook the audio RCA cables into the system get a loud ass humming noise, any ideas why? Can't imagine where the interference would be comming from.

Ground loop?

I don't want to go back to school tomorrow :(

With my True Sub and Adcom amp I had to actually switch the plug polarity as well. I just "made" an extension cord to switch the black & white leads from in the house the other way. It didn't eliminate the whole loop but made something super obnoxious almost unhearable.

I'm not sure wtf it is, it could be a ground loop, but in the cable from the xbox to my XLR to RCA cables?? It dosen't show up in my computer hooking up to it, or the cd player hooked up to it so I'm clueless when it comes to this.

Could always start plugging things into cheater plugs, if the noise goes away you know it's a loop. Other than that, don't really know what could cause it...I had a nasty hum with the Decware CSP pre, but I found out my power amp was hypersensitive to AC filament hum, ended up selling the pre :)

Whats a cheater plug?? I'm stupid here on this aspect.

But Hooking the xbox straight up to the preamp dosen't work, and hooking the xbox up to the tv and then the TV to the pre dosen't work either. Nasty humming either way, but through a computer or CD player works.

Basically a three-prong to two-prong adapter. Getting rid of the third wire often times breaks the ground loop, but I'd only use it for testing because running grounded gear without a ground is asking to get bit by 120VAC if anything ever goes wrong.

Hmm, it left out my post it seems and just added the quote.

I had a noise problem that 95% went away when I changed the polarity of the plug. I just built an extension cable that switched the two AC leads of the power. It didn't go away but went from unlistenable to barely noticeable.

Aaron, thanks for teasing me with that Mc. I hope I don't buy it :)

I suppose I should add that I just got promoted. Only one step down from the President now. Also took over control of the Detroit area so I will be spending a bunch of time doing NVH consulting with the automotive manufacturers.

I suppose I should add that I  just got promoted.  Only one step down from the President now.  Also took over control of the Detroit area so I will be spending a bunch of time doing NVH consulting with the automotive manufacturers.

:bigok::rockwoot::partybanana::phatyo::woot::foshizzle::ohsnap::slayer::dancing:

scott, you better have some pictles

P.S

Nissans are rattle cans

Solid as hell when I took it out for a rip.

Will be getting deadened accordingly. :)

my friends maxima looks like the trunk is going to fly off from all the rattling.

He only has 2 12" RL-p's ported

So i went to get the dudes amps....he wasnt there

now i gotta call him and chew him out

Congrats on the promotion M5, but does this mean you won't be commin down to KSU?

At some point I will still have to go that way, it won't be quite as fast though.

I fried my Next Audio shallow mount mid.

It rubbed quite a bit right out of the box so it was garbage anyways.

Sadly it didnt take a beating very well. Smoked a crapton.

i threw a semi blown sony 6.5" coaxial on the same setup, took a good beating and it still works fine