mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

denim you are about to have a pm my friend. ;)

I'm so bored I'm watching Starship Troopers on TV. This movie is stupid.

how dare you. Thats one of my favorite movies.

But crusin is the chevelle. MMMMM, cant wait to get mine finished, even though its being put on hold :(

that movie freakin kicks ass! :)

Just read all 10200 pages, there's some great stuff in this thread :lurk:

-John

:bsflag:

watched 12 episodes of Scrubs tonight lol

such a funny show

that movie freakin kicks ass! :)

Movie is lame, but yet I watched it till like 2am last night.

I LOVE scrubs. I need to find somwhere to d/l all the episodes

I am thinking of finally buying a more fun car than my neon... I am thinking 93-95 lt1 camaro (obd1 so easier for inspection/ emissions). The alternator is right in your face when you open the hood making that an easy swap, and god knows that there are too many large body h/o gm alts to be had. I was thinking street C, like 6 10" woofers and 6 sundown saz-3000d's. 2 group 31 nsb's, 16 runs of 1/0, and a very large dominic irragi alt. If I get the car, I am definitely doing 8" kicks and compression horns for the front soundstage....

God I need to stop daydreaming out loud and get some sleep.

Scrubs is awesome, as well as Grey's anatomy and House. Maybe i do love hospital shows, damn.

Got to see one of the cuties from the 3rd floor of my work... Damn she is cute. (sorry fella's don't have any pics of her)... Anyways i need to stop procrastinating and get some sleep.

Except for the part of it that involved me putting 91 octane in the Chevelle, that thing drinks fuel like its going out of style.

I wouldn't run high octane unless your timing and comp ratio call for it. The higher the octane rating, the harder it is to burn. If your car will run on 87, run it on that. Less stress on the mechanicals and a better running vehicle in addition to cheaper fuel. Of course I'm guessing with its age and the bigblock, compression is up there along with a healthy dose of timing.

jordan..pics!!! mrray13@gmail.com

just to refresh your memory, lol

ryan1...i changed valve cover gaskets on my 86 mustang 5.0. of course that meant changing the stupid upper intake gasket as well. now tha car won't run worth a shit. won't idle. and won't tach over 2500 without a massive flat spot. from my research, i'm assuming an intake leak, as it ran great before teh gaskets. sound about right to you? i tightened the intake down from inside/out, but i didn't torque to spec (i don't hav ea clue what the spec is and i don't own a torque wrench, lol). a friend said to spray a little brake cleaner or ether around the intake/intake mating surface while it's running to help find the leak, if it's in that junction. good idea? other thoughts?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

fudge PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM ME FOR DETAILS

Except for the part of it that involved me putting 91 octane in the Chevelle, that thing drinks fuel like its going out of style.

I wouldn't run high octane unless your timing and comp ratio call for it. The higher the octane rating, the harder it is to burn. If your car will run on 87, run it on that. Less stress on the mechanicals and a better running vehicle in addition to cheaper fuel. Of course I'm guessing with its age and the bigblock, compression is up there along with a healthy dose of timing.

I am not sure what the compression is on it, but I've always assumed that it is fairly high since it came out with leaded fuels and no emmissions. *goes to google it to find out*

EDIT. It appears it has 11.0:1 comp ratio.

ryan1...i changed valve cover gaskets on my 86 mustang 5.0. of course that meant changing the stupid upper intake gasket as well. now tha car won't run worth a shit. won't idle. and won't tach over 2500 without a massive flat spot. from my research, i'm assuming an intake leak, as it ran great before teh gaskets. sound about right to you? i tightened the intake down from inside/out, but i didn't torque to spec (i don't hav ea clue what the spec is and i don't own a torque wrench, lol). a friend said to spray a little brake cleaner or ether around the intake/intake mating surface while it's running to help find the leak, if it's in that junction. good idea? other thoughts?

Kent, it's aluminum, so it shouldn't take anymore than 15-20ft.lbs. for proper torquing. That's considerably less than you are able to do just by hand, so as long as you tightented them tight, it should be good. It definately sounds like a leak though. The only cause I could see is a bad gasket as it's impossible to screw up its orientation. I guess the plenum or intake could possible be warped as well, but I don't think aluminum warps.

Make sure you check your vacuum hoses as well. This could also be the problem and I am guessing it IS the problem. A small leak could be a killer.

I am not sure what the compression is on it, but I've always assumed that it is fairly high since it came out with leaded fuels and no emmissions. *goes to google it to find out*

EDIT. It appears it has 11.0:1 comp ratio.

Hell yeah you need high octane. Shit.

Kent, it's aluminum, so it shouldn't take anymore than 15-20ft.lbs. for proper torquing. That's considerably less than you are able to do just by hand, so as long as you tightented them tight, it should be good. It definately sounds like a leak though. The only cause I could see is a bad gasket as it's impossible to screw up its orientation. I guess the plenum or intake could possible be warped as well, but I don't think aluminum warps.

Make sure you check your vacuum hoses as well. This could also be the problem and I am guessing it IS the problem. A small leak could be a killer.

all vacuum hoses that were plugged off/attached, are still the same. (all emisions were removed from this car), but i'll go over them again.

i'm thinking of removing the intake again, adn reinstalling it. that way i can make sure of both vacuum attachments and bolt tightness.

aluminum can warp, lol. maybe that's not the technical term, but one can do it if not tightened evenly for instance. which could be the culprit as well, i guess.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have session 1 and 2 downloaded. I couldn't get into that show...meh

Yeah I stayed up and watched starship troopers. I was laughing my ass off it's been so long since I've seen it.

"THE ONLY GOOD BUG IS A DEAD BUG." omfg that old dude was classic.

I am thinking of finally buying a more fun car than my neon... I am thinking 93-95 lt1 camaro (obd1 so easier for inspection/ emissions). The alternator is right in your face when you open the hood making that an easy swap, and god knows that there are too many large body h/o gm alts to be had. I was thinking street C, like 6 10" woofers and 6 sundown saz-3000d's. 2 group 31 nsb's, 16 runs of 1/0, and a very large dominic irragi alt. If I get the car, I am definitely doing 8" kicks and compression horns for the front soundstage....

God I need to stop daydreaming out loud and get some sleep.

IMO, OBD-II cars are easier to get through emisions. OBD-I cars have to be put on the rollers and they measure the exhaust while OBD-II cars they just plug in and check the computer.

oh shit, forgot too mention, i got laid off yesterday, lol. seems it's time to re-up his workman's comp insurance, and we had one too many employees. and he let me go so that maybe he'll get the bug to come into work on time adn actually give a shit again. seems that having me there meant he didn't have to be, because he knew i would be on time, could run the store and take care of things. so letting me go means he's got responsibilty again, lol. end of summer, no more radio activity. end of september, latest.

fuck, it's humid. time for a sam adams, lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Time for Ryan to make a lifestyle change.

oh shit, forgot too mention, i got laid off yesterday, lol. seems it's time to re-up his workman's comp insurance, and we had one too many employees. and he let me go so that maybe he'll get the bug to come into work on time adn actually give a shit again. seems that having me there meant he didn't have to be, because he knew i would be on time, could run the store and take care of things. so letting me go means he's got responsibilty again, lol. end of summer, no more radio activity. end of september, latest.

fuck, it's humid. time for a sam adams, lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That sucks, what a retarded reason to do something. It sounds like it will just postpone the inevitable.