mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Off to go to some art gallery thing for a class.

I listened to the SDX7 for a bit yesterday and it is heads and tails a better driver than the Extremis from a subjective standpoint.

Good thing I didn't buy mine yet then. Any projected price points or rolloffs?

Triple S has a nice ring to it. All this gun talk is alien to me.

Alien to me as well. Perhaps we should talk fishing rods instead :D

Speaking of which , Have you ever used kistler helium rods ? A friend of mine fishes flw . He gave me a couple prototype rods from his sponsor . I haven't had a chance to fish with them . But the feel of them is something that I have never felt before . He gave me a 7' flipping stick that weighs in at a whopping 4 oz. And a 6.5' medium heavy spinning rod that weighs in at 3 oz. They are so lite I am almost scared to use them. I'm gonna throw some reels on them and try them out tomorrow afterwork. :)

flush mount > me :Doh:

cut it just a tad smaller and i can't squeeze the sub in :lol:

I don't think Bob has decided on a pricepoint for the SDX7 yet. Like the Extremis, it's not perfect up top. It's a woven carbon fiber cone so there isn't that much damping. However, its rigidity is great for midbass and low bass performance; it is way more articulate than the Extremis. It's hard to gauge by ear when listening to music how far up it would be safe to crossover, but I'll have some measurements coming out shortly that should help narrow it down....see how much the copper phase plug does for response.

why hello aaron ;)

:werd_msword:fing05.gif

Then again, casting with anything less than 12 feet feels weird to me :D

I listened to the SDX7 for a bit yesterday and it is heads and tails a better driver than the Extremis from a subjective standpoint.

Over what frequency range?

Triple S has a nice ring to it. All this gun talk is alien to me.

Alien to me as well. Perhaps we should talk fishing rods instead :D

Speaking of which , Have you ever used kistler helium rods ? A friend of mine fishes flw . He gave me a couple prototype rods from his sponsor . I haven't had a chance to fish with them . But the feel of them is something that I have never felt before . He gave me a 7' flipping stick that weighs in at a whopping 4 oz. And a 6.5' medium heavy spinning rod that weighs in at 3 oz. They are so lite I am almost scared to use them. I'm gonna throw some reels on them and try them out tomorrow afterwork. :)

I have never even seen one, but almost bought one a few different times. The LTA's are so light they have to ultra sensitive and can't be even the slightest bit fatiguing. To me weight is about the most important thing in a rod (obviously the action needs to match the baits you are throwing).

I don't think Bob has decided on a pricepoint for the SDX7 yet. Like the Extremis, it's not perfect up top. It's a woven carbon fiber cone so there isn't that much damping. However, its rigidity is great for midbass and low bass performance; it is way more articulate than the Extremis. It's hard to gauge by ear when listening to music how far up it would be safe to crossover, but I'll have some measurements coming out shortly that should help narrow it down....see how much the copper phase plug does for response.

I only need it up to 1500 or so.

4oz 7-foot rod? Holy light action...

A flipping stick is closer to a broom stick in action :)

Any full range/BiB potential? :popcorn:

Any full range/BiB potential? :popcorn:

Full range, I would highly doubt it.

A two or three-way in a horn setup might be an idea, would depend on the Qts of course...

7' by default aren't usually light action, medium-heavy perhaps unless it is one of those spinning rod thingee's that I despise

A flipping stick is closer to a broom stick in action :)

Pool cue ;)

You should see the "action" on my muskie sticks.

My tires have yet to break loose. And probably never will. Too afraid of transmission failure.

Every time I beat on my Chevy something breaks. :( Wasn't that way with the ole F150.

I beat on my both of my Chevys just about every time I drive them....

My tires have yet to break loose. And probably never will. Too afraid of transmission failure.

Every time I beat on my Chevy something breaks. :( Wasn't that way with the ole F150.

i've never broken anything on my silverado, though it has had to go in for service twice. but times dealing with that stupid auto 4wd switch bullshit. even ones with a lever in the floor just activate a stupid electronic switch. i want my mechanical linkage and lockout hubs back!! if you could break that, you did something!! and that's pimpin!

i just mistyped something and thought of tom..lol..

IMPIN!!! for those who roll those bubble ss's....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:P

Yours were built both before they really went exclusively to the cheapest bidder. The fit and finish on my truck is worse than on Russian Lada's.

Yours were built both before they really went exclusively to the cheapest bidder. The fit and finish on my truck is worse than on Russian Lada's.

true, but the interior in the Impala is pretty terrible, that might have something to do with the fact that it's been taken apart at least half a dozen times

so driving around campus last night.... it was pretty much impossible to keep my eyes on the road

and surprisingly, I think I did fairly well on my Circuits test after getting about 4 hours of sleep