mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

dead cats are good for you

Fixed

I meant cat cats, not cat cats

On this day in 1957, American Bandstand debuted on the ABC television network. In 1914 in Cleveland, Ohio, the first electric traffic light was installed. In 1912, Japan's first taxicab service began in Ginza, Tokyo. In 1888, Bertha Benz drove from Mannheim to Pforzheim, Germany in the first long distance automobile trip. In 1882, Standard Oil of New Jersey was established. And in 1858 after several unsuccessful attempts, Cyrus West Field and others completed the first transatlantic telegraph cable. Happy Birthday Jonathan Silverman (1966), Patrick Ewing (1962), Tawny Kitaen (1961), Maureen McCormick (1956), Rick Derringer (1947), Loni Anderson (1946) and Neil Armstrong (1930). RIP Sir Alec Guinness (d. 2000), Richard Burton (1984), Marilyn Monroe (1962) and Carmen Miranda (1955).

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

- Douglas Adams

</Tuesday>

Finally getting some rain....still have satellite reception though

I would love a good hard rainy day. Just not this comming thursday-sunday from the hours of 9 am to 9-pm

I hate conference calls, been on one for a fucking hour.

UNCC doesn't screw around ... I already got my plane tickets today.

Meanwhile U of Michigan is an hour and a half late with their phone call today. That is right up there on my pet peeve list. Nevermind pet peeve, but common sense and proper business practice comes into play.

Is that the same UNCC I'm thinking of, or a more northern one? :)

speaking of bikes, there was an old beamer flat twin sitting on the parking around the drill field today. I wanted to get out and dry hump it a little but the gf wouldn't stop.

She should be accommodating :(

At least it's not another woman...

audio equip no longer for sales, thanks to unforseen monies.

lets just hope it stays that way

Got grill marks for the first time on the Brinkmann grill. Finally got it dialed in...hunk of shit IMO

Is that the same UNCC I'm thinking of, or a more northern one? :)

UNC Charlotte.

SES light finally came on. I'm sure its from my new lack of cats. Sure did take a while though

You put O2 sims on it?

I'll get them turned of in the retune

My buddy has to explain to his Jersey gf what an extended cab truck is :wtf:

My 7200 is pretty damn quiet, can hardly hear it work in my machine.

The manufacturers are having a harder time with laptops though as the proximity of you to the pc is greatly different than a desktop. I will add that my hdd is pretty much the loudest thing in my desktop and I have a quiet one.

The hdd in my dvr is obnoxious, but I like things quiet.

Dish Network? If so, I have the same gripe. I can hear that bitch humming in any room of the house.

so, to people that know about money what's the best way for me to invest money if i'm going to withdraw it 4 years later?

UNCC doesn't screw around ... I already got my plane tickets today.

Meanwhile U of Michigan is an hour and a half late with their phone call today. That is right up there on my pet peeve list. Nevermind pet peeve, but common sense and proper business practice comes into play.

Ann Arbor is nice, late is sort of a way of life there.

so, to people that know about money what's the best way for me to invest money if i'm going to withdraw it 4 years later?

I just did a four year rateclimber on a chunk of cash I had sitting around because I wanted to keep it zero risk. 1st year @ 5.125%, 2nd @ 5.525%, 3rd @ 5.925% and 4th at 6.255%. Not bad for zero risk and I can withdraw without penalty any amount I want the entire week of the anniversary date.

All depends on how big of a risk you are willing to take, how much you are going to invest and how big of a return you are looking for. Sean should have some good tips here. I have some fairly risky investments but the return will be worth it so long as they work out - but I'm also ten years older and won't be in trouble if it bombs ... now I don't know about a young guy like yourself doing something like that when you are guaranteed nearly $100K+ a year when you graduate ...

My 7200 is pretty damn quiet, can hardly hear it work in my machine.

The manufacturers are having a harder time with laptops though as the proximity of you to the pc is greatly different than a desktop. I will add that my hdd is pretty much the loudest thing in my desktop and I have a quiet one.

The hdd in my dvr is obnoxious, but I like things quiet.

Dish Network? If so, I have the same gripe. I can hear that bitch humming in any room of the house.

Motorola digital cable box, Mediacom here but many use their boxes. Probably the same drive.