mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Not sure how much deadening I put on the front doors. Got 2-4 layers depending on the place on the outer door skin, and one or two layers on the inside of the outer skin, and patches on the outer skin. You can definitely tell that the doors are heavier now and quieter. My hands are kinda tore up a bit and arms are black.

Any pictures? :)

I do have a couple, but the camera is in the car and don't currently feel like getting it out...

The damn wiring harness adapter was wrong and didn't have the 12v switched wire right so I had to run back to the shop and get my DMM to find a damn switched power wire to get the HU working.

Didn't realize how much I used the arm rest on the door until I started driving it without any door panels on.

Pulling the dash off will be interesting... I'm saving that till I get everything else done.

Found a T-47 Torx for unbolting the seats so that should go fairly well.

Didn't realize how much I used the arm rest on the door until I started driving it without any door panels on.

I drove around like that for three months or so. Dave beat me though, he drove the Camry with the entire floor deadened and no carpeting down, it was a rolling mirror :D

I drove around like that for three months or so. Dave beat me though, he drove the Camry with the entire floor deadened and no carpeting down, it was a rolling mirror :D

I was going to just take the passenger side seat and crap off but I have been debating on taking everything out and using the remaining deadener on the floor and possibly ordering more for the whole floor, but I'm not there yet...

Needless to say the very first strip of deadening I put on I sliced my finger open...

Almost time for bed ... but I think a beer first might be a good idea.

it's actually not a T-47 bolt, it's something completely unique that GM came up with

the best way to handle them is to hammer the T-47 in nice n snug though

Explorers are super-cheap right now. Work pays for my fuel and then some, so I'm not worried about fuel economy. 4WD would be handy around here in the winter months, but I am not a fan of it. I prefer a RWD car in the winter as most of my experience in winter comes from there.

The LS includes TC, so that is a plus and it's a Lincoln, so re-sale should be retained, but the Marauder is holding value above the LS right now and they are a rarer breed. I'm leaning more towards the M as they are just mean with some simple mods, and with the Lincoln, well, mods are scarce and expensive with it's exotic drivetrain. I'm just stumped on this one.

it's actually not a T-47 bolt, it's something completely unique that GM came up with

GM and Ford never cease to amaze me. I love their metric-headed SAE bolts. Nothing like needing a metric wrench for standard bolts.

Yea, they are a complete pain in the arse.

Whatever engineer came up with that deserves a kick in the nuts.

went fishin with mike and his friend

caught a few fish then a strom came up

so we went to mike's friends house and did a lil drinkin :woot:

now im fixin to go to the girl friends :)

btw, most fun car i drove today was by FAR a mini cooper s turbocharged

drover the supercharged version about 2 years ago and loved it, the turbo is even better. even with the auto tranny that car surprised the hell out of me

i love our cooper s. we are talking about adding another one to the family and letting the boy have the current one. it's definitely a big, fun, fast and quick go cart. and with the 6 spd, it's just too much fun.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I've always thought those would be fun little cars, but I'm not sure how practical it would be for me. I'm 6'3" so not only would I question how well I'd fit, but half the reason I got my SUV was so that I wouldn't feel like i'm lifting myself off of the ground every time I get out, or vice versa for getting in. That's a long way for me to crouch down to get into every day. With my Explorer I basically slide right in without having to drop my hips. I love it.

I got a 95 Saturn SL2 and I have to drop it like its hot everytime I get into the car but you get used to it. and the old 95 staurn handles better than the 02 Z71

did a shit load of drinkin tonight.....

took at least 10 shots of lemon drops (3/4 vodka 1/4 lemon juice) which obviously gets to be more vodka through the night.

went fishing and caught the only 2 keepers (1 trout and 1 flounder). also caught plenty of beer as well :P

a great way to start off the first Saturday back at college :woot: I'm fucking stoked