mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

today about 15 minutes before lunch, somebody pulled the fire alarm. so everyone had to leave the school. well luckily most of the classes cause you to go out the front main entrance of the school. into the teacher parking lot.

well i had the privilege to have my car park in handicap parkin right there with the teachers. i had a cast on my leg and my cripple pass goes untill the end of april =]. not to mention i started driving on saturday after 2 months.

anywayssss it was 23 degrees outside, without wind chill, adn there was a steady 5-10 mph wind chill going on. and everyone except me and 4 of my lucky friend was outside being miserable. we all loaded in my car and i got to blast my system and turn some heads. granet it's only a 12" Q sealed. but it does the job fairly well. and i put all of the windows 1/4 way down so everyone can enjoy my music.

+1 for sharing??

needless to say i got a bunch of jealous fingers.. and the administrators didn't like it too much. i talked to the principle after (she's really chill and laid back) she said that she wants a system like mine for her own car, and she was being completely serious. so i might be building a system for my principle here soon.

p.s. it was nice to show off after 2 months of MIA, plus i'm one of ehh 10 or so kids at my school with a decent system, i think i'm the only one without a RF/Alpine/Kicker/all other big [pathetic] name brands. and i think mine hits harder then theres of equal size. i can't wait to go ported next week!!!

no +1 for sharing, way to be a douche bag

i was sharing the music! and i can only fit so many people in my car. we even tried squeezing the sub that i had when teh fire drill went off in my car! he threatened my friend that if he didn't gtfo he was gonna tell the real teacher that he was swearing, cheating, throwing chit (yes he said chit), punched a whole in teh wall (the sub accidently put a hole in the wall during class =]).

but then the fire drill was over in the middle of his sentence

Even worse on the douche side since you are bragging about being one. :(

especially in redneck-ville usa, good luck finding someone who knows how to fix it properly

I6 BM'ers are ultra easy to work on. Almost like they were engineered to be serviced. Getting parts for you might on the other hand be an overnight ordeal.

I dont know how reliable the new BMWs are...

my mom's 535 had to have the whole cylinder replaced after ~2 years and a few thousand miles

took the dealership 4 days too

The new 535 is not an I6 car and not what I'd recommend either. I wish they wouldn't have lost their ways, it would make it much easier for me car shopping.

I am not interested in a FWD piece either and never will be, hell I won't even let my wife get one.

I have found several compacts that are very fun to drive, especially given their power-to-weight ratio. The only thing I've ever dislike was the torque steer.l

Yeah, and me and compacts go hand in hand. Nothing quite like a car you put on instead of getting into.

omg omg omg omg

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...;standard=false

squeeee

anyone got a CarFax account?

Check the engine seals the 2.8 was prone to losing both of them and they aren't trivial to replace. I think they became better in 1998 but don't quote me on the years as it isn't in a range that I ever looked at.

**my least favorite color for that car**

I am not interested in a FWD piece either and never will be, hell I won't even let my wife get one.

I have found several compacts that are very fun to drive, especially given their power-to-weight ratio. The only thing I've ever dislike was the torque steer.l

my dad got a gti autobahn recently that is a lot of fun to drive, it replaced his cooper-s which was also good for some laughs too. fwd isn't always your worst enemy, just most of the time.

my dad has a El Camino with a 504 in it, thats fun to ride in.. he won't let anyone else drive it. not even my mom who pretty much paid for 60%+ of everything that went into it. and she's a way better driver then him in everyway.. cept donuts, my dads pretty good at those in that thing.

Good at those in that thing? Is he still in high school too? jeez.

omg omg omg omg

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...;standard=false

squeeee

anyone got a CarFax account?

Check the engine seals the 2.8 was prone to losing both of them and they aren't trivial to replace. I think they became better in 1998 but don't quote me on the years as it isn't in a range that I ever looked at.

**my least favorite color for that car**

I agree. green, ick.

i was admitted to UCSB yesterday, no more lower division classes! :bigclap:

congrats dude!

today about 15 minutes before lunch, somebody pulled the fire alarm. so everyone had to leave the school. well luckily most of the classes cause you to go out the front main entrance of the school. into the teacher parking lot.

well i had the privilege to have my car park in handicap parkin right there with the teachers. i had a cast on my leg and my cripple pass goes untill the end of april =]. not to mention i started driving on saturday after 2 months.

anywayssss it was 23 degrees outside, without wind chill, adn there was a steady 5-10 mph wind chill going on. and everyone except me and 4 of my lucky friend was outside being miserable. we all loaded in my car and i got to blast my system and turn some heads. granet it's only a 12" Q sealed. but it does the job fairly well. and i put all of the windows 1/4 way down so everyone can enjoy my music.

+1 for sharing??

needless to say i got a bunch of jealous fingers.. and the administrators didn't like it too much. i talked to the principle after (she's really chill and laid back) she said that she wants a system like mine for her own car, and she was being completely serious. so i might be building a system for my principle here soon.

p.s. it was nice to show off after 2 months of MIA, plus i'm one of ehh 10 or so kids at my school with a decent system, i think i'm the only one without a RF/Alpine/Kicker/all other big [pathetic] name brands. and i think mine hits harder then theres of equal size. i can't wait to go ported next week!!!

i was sharing the music! and i can only fit so many people in my car. we even tried squeezing the sub that i had when teh fire drill went off in my car! he threatened my friend that if he didn't gtfo he was gonna tell the real teacher that he was swearing, cheating, throwing chit (yes he said chit), punched a whole in teh wall (the sub accidently put a hole in the wall during class =]).

you really think all those people not inside your car really wanted to hear your music?

I realllly don't like hearing other peoples music. I can deal with it in traffic when the person is passing by without to much of a problem, but when the vehicle is stationary and I can't move out of the range of hearing its a pain in the ass.

I don't like other people hearing my music.

Plus I'm sure those "jealous fingers" weren't that at all, but rather "turn it down, idiot" fingers.

i talked to some of the ones that gave the fingers. they said they were jealous that we were nice and toasty and they were freezing.

ehh we all listen to pretty much teh same music.

well all the kids that were looking. except they're all more mainstream music then anything. and i wasn't playin mainstream.

then theres always that group of kids that have theyre own secluded sections of the commons, they dress really... oddly. and they like screamo music. and they talk crap about every kid that isn't in they're little group.. they didn't appreciate me too much. then again i'm not really sure because they were "acting like there was really a fire" a couple played dead and layed on the (dirt/snow/mud) ground while the rest "dragged them from the burning school." atleast that's what it looked like.

you're an idiot.

especially in redneck-ville usa, good luck finding someone who knows how to fix it properly

I6 BM'ers are ultra easy to work on. Almost like they were engineered to be serviced. Getting parts for you might on the other hand be an overnight ordeal.

my mom's 535 had to have the whole cylinder head replaced after ~2 years and a few thousand miles

The new 535 is not an I6 car and not what I'd recommend either. I wish they wouldn't have lost their ways, it would make it much easier for me car shopping.

I could've sworn it had an inline 6 in it...

i was admitted to UCSB yesterday, no more lower division classes! :bigclap:

congrats dude!

X2!!!

my mom's 535 had to have the whole cylinder head replaced after ~2 years and a few thousand miles

I figured it was a pre-2003 which was an 8 cylinder as I didn't realize the 2008+ had an I6 twin turbo 3.0L that they called the 35. Blasphemy, the real 3.5 is the M30.

+1 for sharing??

i was just having some fun! first time with my system for over 2 months, with the second day of actually getting to blast it after letting it warm back up. whats the whole point in having a loudish system if you aren't gonna blast it so other people can hear it? i'm still kinda in that "new sub/first system" stage, i get a little giddy everytime i can show it off. and that was a good time to show off. sorry

I figured it was a pre-2003 which was an 8 cylinder as I didn't realize the 2008+ had an I6 twin turbo 3.0L that they called the 35. Blasphemy, the real 3.5 is the M30.

oh wait, it's a 530i, '07 or '08

my dad got a gti autobahn recently that is a lot of fun to drive, it replaced his cooper-s which was also good for some laughs too. fwd isn't always your worst enemy, just most of the time.

my dad has a El Camino with a 504 in it, thats fun to ride in.. he won't let anyone else drive it. not even my mom who pretty much paid for 60%+ of everything that went into it. and she's a way better driver then him in everyway.. cept donuts, my dads pretty good at those in that thing.

besides my horrible last sentence, i don't see what the problem with doing donuts are? i've only seen him do them once. i see people (adults) do them all the time in they're rigs aswell. once again, they're just having fun.

+1 for sharing??

i was just having some fun! first time with my system for over 2 months, with the second day of actually getting to blast it after letting it warm back up. whats the whole point in having a loudish system if you aren't gonna blast it so other people can hear it? i'm still kinda in that "new sub/first system" stage, i get a little giddy everytime i can show it off. and that was a good time to show off. sorry

to enjoy it yourself?

Thanks for giving the people who actually have matured a bit a bad name.

douche.

Same here. It's a Kmart day and I hate Kmart. Nothing but idiots that come in there and the scenery sucks. My Sears time is best because in the late morning, the MILFs start pouring into the mall.

What do you do?

Ryan2 or Kent, when welding 2 metals with different wall thicknesses, do you set your welder to the thinner or thicker one, or in between?

+1 for sharing??

to enjoy it yourself?

Thanks for giving the people who actually have matured a bit a bad name.

douche.

i enjoy it loud. anyways i'm done trying to explain myself. i don't think i was doing anything wrong, you can't make everyone happy.

Edited by burton907

+1 for sharing??

Either you have a very, very small penis or are a complete knob.

If your system is for blasting so other people can hear it, I hope it gets ripped off or your car vandalized. And I wish that on no one.

It is time to grow up. If the system is for YOU to hear fine, if it is for competition fine, but STOP annoying others and if this is the attitude you truly have please don't post here either.

oh wait, it's a 530i, '07 or '08

lol. I have no info on that engine as it isn't big enough for the 5 and I am too big for the 3.

besides my horrible last sentence, i don't see what the problem with doing donuts are? i've only seen him do them once. i see people (adults) do them all the time in they're rigs aswell. once again, they're just having fun.

By saying someone is good at something it implies they do it regularly and the only people I know that do donuts regularly are high school kids.

Stop typing like a tard it is annoying.

Ryan2 or Kent, when welding 2 metals with different wall thicknesses, do you set your welder to the thinner or thicker one, or in between?

if your talking about where setting your welder in relation to the edges that you are trying to weld together. then i believe you place it at a 45degree angle pointing towards the middle of the thicker metal. if that didn't make sense then i'll show a picture, i can't think of how to explain it in words.

thats my 2 cents, then again you probably don't care what i say whether it's true or not. but i tried.

if your talking about where setting your welder in relation to the edges that you are trying to weld together. then i believe you place it at a 45degree angle pointing towards the middle of the thicker metal. if that didn't make sense then i'll show a picture, i can't think of how to explain it in words.

thats my 2 cents, then again you probably don't care what i say whether it's true or not. but i tried.

Penetration depth...

By saying someone is good at something it implies they do it regularly and the only people I know that do donuts regularly are high school kids.

Stop typing like a tard it is annoying.

k.

i saw him doing this donut 2 years ago, and it was the only time i've seen him do a donut. considering he has been my step-dad for 16 years, and it was the only time. i would say he doesn't do it too often. maybe he just got lucky. would you please get off my case already, you don't seem to appreciate anything i say and just find something to give me crap about. quit saying i'm being immature when your not being the best example.

Edited by burton907