mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I got a new fish yesterday, an otocinclus, a dwarf algae-eating catfish. He was free from my friend who works at the pet store because of the 50 or so they got in a few days ago, only about 3 survived. So they had already gotten credit back for all of them. Bonus! Not that they're really expensive, like $3.

What size tank do you have?

small one, like 6 gallons. The otocinclus only grows to maybe 1.5", and other than that I just have two red tetras that I've had in there for like 8 months. They're also only about 1.5". I just have a small algae problem (have to scrape the glass about every month) because the only place in my townhouse for my tank is in my room and it gets quite a bit of light. Plus I don't have any live plants in there, though a few of those like mini lili pads were in the bag with the oto, so if they multiply then that'll help cut down the nitrogen. But I got the oto because I was bored with the same two fish and thought maybe he'd help my algae. I have some small snails in there, too, but they don't really do anything to it.

Next weekend all the stereo gear comes out of all my rides. :eek"

why?!

FIRE SALE!! :wacky:

Some quick points as I spent too much time trying to catch up:

Terps won!!!!, we won my soccer game last night, brain numb from 3 intense days of full tilt studying for a certification exam, need to get off of here and run to the gym real quick, but enjoying listening to M1live and decompressing from studying.

• Congrats caligreen,
  • Welcome to SSA Tiffany, and glad you are not scared off by us old horny men ;)
  • Kent thanks for refreshing the spam rules, I have no bugaboo with some postwhoring, just like to know where it starts and stops :)
  • Tom, love that dual boosted pictures :)
  • Sean, just put a full set of Yoko AvidV4s's on the 528i, measureable improvement in a few areas over the Goodyears that just came off. But I need to get new rear rotors and pads. So :) -> :(
  • Audio-neon, glad your computer is allowing you back :)
  • Ryan, excellent post (in green) need to show it to my wife, seeing that I am a '77 and she is an '80. I was alive when Elvis was still kicking, and born under the Carter administration, was brought home from the hospital in a light blue '73 Bug.

How could you drive a car with GoodYears? ? ? ? ? ! ! ! ! !

Well the wifes family is long time friends with a Goodyear shop manager. So after enough time I was able to take off blinders by the example of the yoko's on the sled. ;)

Some quick points as I spent too much time trying to catch up:

Terps won!!!!, we won my soccer game last night, brain numb from 3 intense days of full tilt studying for a certification exam, need to get off of here and run to the gym real quick, but enjoying listening to M1live and decompressing from studying.

• Congrats caligreen,
  • Welcome to SSA Tiffany, and glad you are not scared off by us old horny men ;)
  • Kent thanks for refreshing the spam rules, I have no bugaboo with some postwhoring, just like to know where it starts and stops :)
  • Tom, love that dual boosted pictures :)
  • Sean, just put a full set of Yoko AvidV4s's on the 528i, measureable improvement in a few areas over the Goodyears that just came off. But I need to get new rear rotors and pads. So :) -> :(
  • Audio-neon, glad your computer is allowing you back :)
  • Ryan, excellent post (in green) need to show it to my wife, seeing that I am a '77 and she is an '80. I was alive when Elvis was still kicking, and born under the Carter administration, was brought home from the hospital in a light blue '73 Bug.

That was me but Tom did have some good pictures of his own. I understand how easy that would be to mix :P. Toms pics are better IMO opinion since he owns the 8 cylinders. :)

Crap, my fault, I was rolling through the user names and I put his instead of yours, my bad. :Doh:

need to find a tire guy who knows what the hell they are doing with Mercedes...rotating the tires is gonna be a bitch

need to find a tire guy who knows what the hell they are doing with Mercedes...rotating the tires is gonna be a bitch

You don't usually rotate the tires on performance cars...you just wear them out, and quickly to. Normally somewhere around the 10-15k mark and mine are always shot. They wear evenly so no need to rotate. ;) So no, the rotating part won't be a bitch the replacement price will be.

Next weekend all the stereo gear comes out of all my rides. :eek"

why?!

I am selling the car and truck. Have to pull the gear first. ;)

Not sure on the fire sale, I might wait until I have another car as then I will know for sure what I might need. I might also just run the car stock or do a sub-less 3 way up front.

You don't usually rotate the tires on performance cars...you just wear them out, and quickly to. Normally somewhere around the 10-15k mark and mine are always shot. They wear evenly so no need to rotate. ;) So no, the rotating part won't be a bitch the replacement price will be.

10-15 on something say, like a Pilot Sport PS2 or like a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S? I figured I could get 20-30 on a set of Pilot Sport A/S's? Maybe?

Sorry but I'm only familiar with the Michelin series of performance tires; feel free to replace product names with others from other makers...

10-15 on something say, like a Pilot Sport PS2 or like a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S? I figured I could get 20-30 on a set of Pilot Sport A/S's? Maybe?

A/S will last longer, but getting 30 would be a stretch. 25 perhaps. The BFG KDW seem to be wearing really well on my car.

20-25 sounds a lot better than 10-15. Super duper high performance summer tires just won't work 24/7/365 in Texas, and having a dedicated set of winter tires is just as ridiculous.

Car has brand new PZero Nero All Seasons on it right now, still have those little rubber spikey things on em even, so tires are my least concern right now.

No need to rotate eh? Works for me, heh.

Yokohama ADVAN S.4.'s look nice though

i like michelins, they have always proven to be the quietest and most comfortable tires made for my car, and very durable. i've mounted a couple ps a/s on wheels and they're damn stiff tires, really well made. you could always say fuck being practical and get yourself some toyo ra1's or ps cups :D

I got a new fish yesterday, an otocinclus, a dwarf algae-eating catfish. He was free from my friend who works at the pet store because of the 50 or so they got in a few days ago, only about 3 survived. So they had already gotten credit back for all of them. Bonus! Not that they're really expensive, like $3.

What size tank do you have?

small one, like 6 gallons. The otocinclus only grows to maybe 1.5", and other than that I just have two red tetras that I've had in there for like 8 months. They're also only about 1.5". I just have a small algae problem (have to scrape the glass about every month) because the only place in my townhouse for my tank is in my room and it gets quite a bit of light. Plus I don't have any live plants in there, though a few of those like mini lili pads were in the bag with the oto, so if they multiply then that'll help cut down the nitrogen. But I got the oto because I was bored with the same two fish and thought maybe he'd help my algae. I have some small snails in there, too, but they don't really do anything to it.

That is how I started out and worked up to a 300gal reef tank. Couple of years ago I down sized to a 150gal. This was a bad habbit for me for many years. I still have a brand new 400gal sitting empty.

Thinking about picking this up for a DD. They'll have to come down about $1500 though.

Why a fake Mark 8 when for the same price you can get the real deal?

It's not really in the same league as the Lincoln, but I'll break it down for you.

1. It's cheap. Insurance and repair costs will be less on the Buick

2. Better mileage.

3. More room, bigger trunk.

4. Better in the winter months.

5. The 3800 series engines are one of the few things GM got right. I've had several of these and they are damn near indestructible.

6. It's cheap.

Damn air suspension. If it weren't for that I'd be surprised on the repairs, but that is a big fucker. Insurance was high on mine now that I think about it.

Mileage is a new one, I was always shocked at how good the Mark 8's were. Both of mine averaged 24+ on the highway. In town not so much, but I bought them to go down the road as it was during a time when 60,000mi/yr was a low year for me.

4.6 DOHC >> 3.8

Hard to argue with the "it's cheap" as it is a lot of car for $4k. I just have to rib you though as out of all people buying a GM I didn't think it would be you.

I'm sorry, I should have worded it better. They should have originally price it at $4K, and I'll deal from there. I wouldn't pay 4K for that thing.

I've owned quite a bit of GM products in the past. Granted 90% of them were winter beaters, but most were cheap as I got a new beater every year, and well, maintaining the 3800 is damn near as cheap as a 350. There just so many of them out there that parts are readily available anywhere and at value prices. When I say cheap, I am talking the grand scheme of things. Hell, just mentioning the word Lincoln automatically jacks the price up. We all know it's a glorified Mercury, but they still find suit to charge for it.

If I wanted to spend $3k a year on insurance, I'd be driving a fine German automobile.

Fuck today was horrible...

i like michelins, they have always proven to be the quietest and most comfortable tires made for my car, and very durable. i've mounted a couple ps a/s on wheels and they're damn stiff tires, really well made. you could always say fuck being practical and get yourself some toyo ra1's or ps cups :D

Practicality is key until I graduate from uni and get a job somewhere...hopefully I won't have to make a tire decision by that time hehehe

*smacks bassahaulic for no real particular reason*

Does an owner's manual have to be this god damn big? There's even a section on how to engage and disengage the seat belt (yep, I'm a complete dumbass who doesn't know to put a seatbelt on, :rolleyes: ). Doesn't even mention what weight motor oil to use, only to "contact my Mercedes-Benz dealer". Douchebags. It's 0W-40 by the way...didn't know there even was 0W-40 motor oil...sigh...

Gotta love the smell of fiberglass resin :D

my car smells like vynal glue when the bass hits.

Thanks to some turkeys I now have 4 deep scratches on the roof of the heep. All the way down to metal :(

hunt them down and eat them, turkeys are really annoying birds (though not as mean as geese).

:biggun:

Used to have geese,..those little suckers would ATTACK me!!! ...

It hurt when they pecked at my legs >_< ,...little buggers,

Does an owner's manual have to be this god damn big? There's even a section on how to engage and disengage the seat belt (yep, I'm a complete dumbass who doesn't know to put a seatbelt on, :rolleyes: ). Doesn't even mention what weight motor oil to use, only to "contact my Mercedes-Benz dealer". Douchebags. It's 0W-40 by the way...didn't know there even was 0W-40 motor oil...sigh...

That's the same weight my Polaris 4 wheeler uses....