mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Yesterday the weather called for 2-4 inches of snow last night and like 5-8 inches today. As of now we have no snow, and radar shows it most likely won't get here. From up to 12" to nothing. Damn liars.

There are expected to be two types of KERS systems in use next year: battery and flywheel.

The battery system seems set to be the more popular method. It harnesses the braking energy by storing it in super-capacitor batteries which then release power to the driven wheels when required.

The flywheel method looks set to be used by Williams (and possibly Honda and/or Toyota). Here the braking energy is used to turn a flywheel and when extra power is needed the wheels are coupled up to the spinning flywheel to give a boost in power.

Initially, the regulations limit the power of the KERS systems to 60kw (around 80 horsepower) and the storage capacity of the energy is 400kJ (kilojoules) per lap. What in effect this means is an extra 80 horsepower available for 6.7s per lap.

The idea is not only to force F1 to develop green technology but also to help overtaking. A chasing driver could deploy his KERS device as he is catching the car ahead to give him an acceleration boost.

Of course the driver being chased can use his KERS device defensively at the same time, thus negating the chasing driver

44758_2.jpg

yet another reason to love f1, the best groupies.

There are expected to be two types of KERS systems in use next year: battery and flywheel.

The battery system seems set to be the more popular method. It harnesses the braking energy by storing it in super-capacitor batteries which then release power to the driven wheels when required.

The flywheel method looks set to be used by Williams (and possibly Honda and/or Toyota). Here the braking energy is used to turn a flywheel and when extra power is needed the wheels are coupled up to the spinning flywheel to give a boost in power.

Initially, the regulations limit the power of the KERS systems to 60kw (around 80 horsepower) and the storage capacity of the energy is 400kJ (kilojoules) per lap. What in effect this means is an extra 80 horsepower available for 6.7s per lap.

The idea is not only to force F1 to develop green technology but also to help overtaking. A chasing driver could deploy his KERS device as he is catching the car ahead to give him an acceleration boost.

Of course the driver being chased can use his KERS device defensively at the same time, thus negating the chasing driver

44758_2.jpg

yet another reason to love f1, the best groupies.

I will take the second one from the left, thank you :D

Rather productive day today :)

Got some nice pics too, just need to download them from my cousin's camera.

im mike jones, i would have my big 3 done but fudgeing ring terminals are 7.99 for 2 at ace

im mike jones, i would have my big 3 done but fudgeing ring terminals are 7.99 for 2 at ace

I'm sometimes glad I live where I live. Under $1 for 1/0 ring terminals.

TOP FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Happy birthday !

I think I got the thought of holosights on the Redhawk into my dad's brain. Lulz...

Paypal invoice for the Thor sent...let's hope the buyer doesn't back out now :unsure:

There is no replacement for displacement. :)

Boost

I think I got the thought of holosights on the Redhawk into my dad's brain. Lulz...

nice, lol. i might be getting rid of my glock 19 and my charter 2000 undercover for a s&w 1911 pd and goodies. i'm neither a 9mm fan nor a 38spl fan, so no love lost there. the 1911 will replace the g19 on my hip off duty.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

There is no replacement for displacement. :)

Boost

ok, but in it's simpliest form...boost is just another form of making displacement. your adding volume through compressing...so it's jsut a different form. so in a way...there is no replacement for displacement...

yeah, i know, way more factors into that statement. i just wnat to be a prick.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

WHOOO HOO I WISH I WAS WAISTED

Thin waisted?

Yesterday the weather called for 2-4 inches of snow last night and like 5-8 inches today. As of now we have no snow, and radar shows it most likely won't get here. From up to 12" to nothing. Damn liars.

At least I didn't have to drive in it.

Thin waisted?

me thinks he is waisted...

but i won't go any further

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thin waisted?

me thinks he is waisted...

but i won't go any further

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:lol:

Thanks daylight savings time for making me feel like I spent an eternity reading a short article. Started reading at 23:45, finished at 01:10 (computer time jumper one hour without saying anything).