mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Watching right now, but only in the 65th minute.

Had to deal with the Crime Scene investigators. Some FUCKER just stole my fishing rods and some associated stuff off my boat :(

from your driveway!?

Except in:

guest bedroom

my office

Aidan's room

Store room

Laundry room

bathrooms (for now)

...all of the lights in my house are now fully computer controllable and automated :) The old switches were replaced with switches that can:

understand double clicks, single clicks

have up to 8 buttons per location

can talk to each other and a computer so the status is known

can be activated directly by my soon to be installed security panel

works with the touchscreen pc's that I'll be using for remotes in rooms with TV

can respond to normal remotes in all other rooms with stereo in the house

OI!

build log thread and pics.

WTF?

Not nearly as serious as your issue Sean but we had some hoodlems run through the neighborhood and turn on all the outside water nozzles they could find. I have started polishing than cleaning the shotgun, and rifles in front of our huge picture window.

Has it helped? Probably not, but I like to make sure the neighborhood people are aware of what they could be walking into while making a bad decision at my home.

Rather surprised that it happened in your area Sean, not exactly a low class neighborhood. ;)

Still teh suckage though.

Rather surprised that it happened in your area Sean, not exactly a low class neighborhood. ;)

Still teh suckage though.

ya stupid little rich punks

for a wedding present a co worker got me a nespresso machine. I wanted to give you all a little review, as what seamed insanely gimicy turned out to do a fantastic job for what I need it to do. I was literally amazed.

Sean, I know it's probably blasphemy but I really enjoyed the coffee it produced. It tastes like it's been extracted(the machine said it has 19 bars of pressure, not sure if I beleive it) and it tasted pretty fresh from those little cups.

I'm nearly upset that I like the coffee so much being that it's really not the same as extracting traditionally. It came with this little "milk frother". It uses what I beleive to be an induction heating unit and a magnet driven "wisk" to froth the milk. No steam, WTF right? I thought the whole thing was a load of BS, but I'll be dipped in shit if it didn't make half decent froth from whole milk. I would have to have good steamed milk next to it for comparison, but it was close, if not just a bit to thick of a froth. The extractor machine made espresso tasting liquid with something that tasted like sexy crema on top. The coffee tastes pretty fresh IMO. But my experience is limited.

Have you ever tried the coffee from one of these units? Frankly it beats the living piss out of starbucks(not saying much I know). The little pods the grounds come in are ~.55 a dose. So I could have a triple for $1.15. Yes damn please. I have seen some people reusing their pods too with fresh ground beans, not sure how realistic that is for me but a novel idea.

How I see the results of this gift that I can get something better than starbucks while still in my underwear at 5:30 in the morning, that is easy to wash, easy to clean.... and for right after dinner I can have a cup if I feel like it. I know for a fact I NEVER would have purchased this on my own, and eventually gone with a traditional grinder/steamer/extractor. But having got this as a gift, and really expecting some watery brown water, I was flabberghasted at it's prowess. The milk frother is beyond me. It totally looks 100% snake oil, but it produced something resembling steam frothed milk in 50 seconds, and I didn't have to do anything but pour milk and push 1 button. Again, I now only desire to find some well done espresso and go toe to toe(when are you free Sean???). Perhaps it's the fact they have a verry good grinder at the place where it ships out from, quite uniform. I cup a spent pod and took a look at the grounds, and it looked like decent spend espresso grounds from a cursory glance. I doubt it's up to snuff to a real machine, and someone who can accurately froth milk, but for me, at 5:00am.... good enough and then some.

I give this set up a thumbs up for anyone who wakes up with 20 min to get out the door but likes coffee. Even more so if you stop at starbucks every morning.

Had to deal with the Crime Scene investigators. Some FUCKER just stole my fishing rods and some associated stuff off my boat :(

from your driveway!?

From my slip

Except in:

guest bedroom

my office

Aidan's room

Store room

Laundry room

bathrooms (for now)

...all of the lights in my house are now fully computer controllable and automated :) The old switches were replaced with switches that can:

understand double clicks, single clicks

have up to 8 buttons per location

can talk to each other and a computer so the status is known

can be activated directly by my soon to be installed security panel

works with the touchscreen pc's that I'll be using for remotes in rooms with TV

can respond to normal remotes in all other rooms with stereo in the house

OI!

build log thread and pics.

WTF?

There will be but pics of light switches isn't exactly exciting

for a wedding present a co worker got me a nespresso machine.

That's what we use at the lake ;)

The payoff isn't as good as it seems though. $0.55 / "cup" will cost more than buying a $1k machine and just beans.

As a reference, I get what they would call a double from 16 grams of beans. 28 doubles per pound...56 singles

1lb = $15 (worst case)

$15/56 = .26 each

1 cup a day = ~$100 a year

If a good machine last 10 years it is a no brainer.

For what it is I am impressed though.

And yes it is better than Starbucks, but that is hardly drinkable. I'd say way better.

Thiefs should have their fingers chopped off :madsign:

See having Sean here, makes me feel as though I have been fucked over on the coffee game for years........I gotta get real coffee.

J

for a wedding present a co worker got me a nespresso machine.

That's what we use at the lake ;)

The payoff isn't as good as it seems though. $0.55 / "cup" will cost more than buying a $1k machine and just beans.

As a reference, I get what they would call a double from 16 grams of beans. 28 doubles per pound...56 singles

1lb = $15 (worst case)

$15/56 = .26 each

1 cup a day = ~$100 a year

If a good machine last 10 years it is a no brainer.

For what it is I am impressed though.

I got lucky and it was a gift. The 300 initial investment I get to keep. Thats about 545 pods to break even. I may stretch the pods out and "re load" the pods to stretch my buck. Not really because I care about cost but because I like the idea.

I also like that it tasted pretty fresh even though it must have been sitting for some time on a shelf. I'm also a last minuite guy in the AM recently.

The milk frother blew my mind. Tasty frothed milk without steam sounded impossible. I will now need to come visit you and have you make me a cup.

I would have had NO faith seeing this thing on a shelf, and for me, it slaughters starbucks.

from your driveway!?

From my slip

gutsy SOB's

I'm so dang tired, still on vacation hours here. I was so sleepy this morning I forgot to even make a cup with my new machine.

At least I might get the gouge out of my truck tonight, or half way. A good budy does wonders with paint.

I don't know if I ever put up the pic of the lambo kit car I had worked on with him, but he's amazing.

Chrome is a nightmare on the work machine!

Whoa.

Lo fi does load verry fast though.

Tomorrow I go rod shopping.

Regretting that I have a D4 Rlp atm.

Why are plate amps void of SS filters?

Just bought a Squeezebox :)

I miss my grandfather playing his squeeze box