mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Seriously??? 8.5 hours with no posts?!?!

Sorry was out with the family and then sleeping. :Doh:

:tehe:

My friend wants to go to Hooters before the Royals game. I'm always a little disappointed with the waitresses there as far as looks go. It's kinda surprising, as you would think they'd get the hottest ones.

It really depends on the location I think. Who knows, maybe the one on the other side of town is different. ;) I speak from experience, because the mornings after I bar tended, I helped manage and work in the kitchen and that fine establishment you mentioned, during summers in undergrad. ;)

Posting from the Wii. Too slow

Wow, did not know they could do that. Seems like the more phones and game systems that have web access are sold, the more posting will happen. :) I know I have posted a number of times from my phone, that I otherwise could not have posted before.

:peepwall:

getting Vista to share files is a PITA compared to previous version of Winders

Getting Vista to be stable is a PITA. :Doh:

stability is a non issue here...

Seriously??? 8.5 hours with no posts?!?!

I was in a place with no network coverage and no electricity, what did you expect ? :P

Getting Vista is a wrong move. :Doh:

There, that's better.

not my computer so I couldn't care less :P

Getting Vista is a wrong move. :Doh:

There, that's better.

:tehe:

But we had no choice, got a slightly used 64bit, 4gig ram, dual core machine on the uber cheap. Might try moving up to 7, or putting Ubuntu on a 3rd machine.

Sharing files in Vista is no more difficult than previous versions ...

just cranked the fiero up and moved it over to the shed....a car that unfinished should not crank up that easily.

may get a quick video of it actually.... mom has her camera working again

may get a quick video of it actually.... mom has her camera working again

shitfuck, mom's camera has no sound

Bull

Shit

Bull

Shit

How do you figure ?  I share files between 3 Vista computers and 2 XP computers in my place and it was just as easy as it was when I had all XP computers ...  

My file server still runs XP and I send files to it from my main PC (Vista) and play files from it on my HTPC (Vista), Laptop (Vista), and main PC (Vista).  It took no effort whatsoever ...  The only computers I have in my place that I've had issues with networking are the Macs, which will seem to pick and choose the computers they see on a daily basis.  They occasionally don't even see the same computers (outside of each other, which they always see).  It makes no sense whatsoever ...  Those are a PITA ...

Maybe you're having a firewall issue ?

might be the flavor of Vista, I dunno

I just want to share the C:\ drive across the network like I've always done with 2k and XP, IS THAT SO FUCKING HARD MICROSOFT?

fucking christ I hate Vista...too much unnecessary crap to get in the fucking way of doing something extremely easy

and no, turning off the firewall doesn't help at all

How can you not have permission to access anything even with an Administrator account? ANSWER ME REDMOND!

Technically I can access certain folders on the Vista machine; however for whatever reason I can't map the C drive on my XP machine...grumble...

Posting from the Wii. Too slow

Wow, did not know they could do that. Seems like the more phones and game systems that have web access are sold, the more posting will happen. :) I know I have posted a number of times from my phone, that I otherwise could not have posted before.

:peepwall:

Yup. It uses Opera browser. I can DL a bunch of games too. Already DLed some old school NES games and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Have you turned UAC off ?  That's usually the first thing I do when I set up a Vista machine ...  Does the XP machine have all the available updates and service packs ?

I don't remember doing anything special to get it to work ...  I really don't know why you're having so much trouble ...

FYI, I'm using 3 different versions of Vista on those machines (Business 64-bit on my main machine, Ultimate 32-bit on the laptop, and Home Premium 32-bit on the HTPC) so it shouldn't be the version that's the issue ...

I really don't know why you're having so much trouble ...

thats how it is with me...if anything can go wrong it will go wrong...just my luck...

Somebody cut some wet treated 2x8's on the saw down here at the shop last night, I come in this morning and there is a layer of surface rust where they sat on the saw table. It cleaned off with some steel wool and elbow grease but still not happy about it. If they were that wet they can be thankful that they didn't trip the saw stop feature...