mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just gave myself a static electricity shock in the nipple. Smooth.

did that once with 110 when I was a toddler; less than inch from the heart I'm told (probably explains the shit I do nowadays)

I did this with my sweatshirt

I can't stand nipple pain. It's debilitating. My nipples are now sensitive just hearing your stories... FOOK.

Local favorite Surly beer has developed a cult-like following since it debuted in 2005. Here’s your chance to tour the brewery with the man behind the beer, owner Omar Ansari. You’ll hear firsthand how a home brewing hobby developed into Minnesota’s first new brewery west of the Mississippi since 1987. As Surly fans know, the brewery makes three year-round beers, Furious, Bender and Cynic, as well as an assortment of seasonal and specialty beers. You’ll see how the beer is made and taste what makes these beers so popular with serious beer drinkers. Following the tour, chef Royal Dahlstrom will prepare a beer-centric menu that starts with BEER CHEESE SOUP with popcorn garnish. The main course is a hearty SEAFOOD BOIL, featuring shrimp, clams and mussels. For dessert, he’ll prepare GINGER CAKE WITH PORTER SAUCE. Oh, and don’t forget to ask Omar to explain the Surly name.

Knife fitment is to cutting what installation is to car audio. Serious.

Yup.

Easier to be confused trying to pidgeon hole every scenario with the same solution. I will have to go to that shop in calhoun square. I think they have the best selection.

And I'm starting to get confused and thinking that maybe a transmission line folded horn reflex 14th order resonantchambered flux capacitor might be the right choice for cutting my celery.

The Kitchen Window has a pretty decent selection. No MAC, F Dick, Messermeister, only Global's from Japan (others are interesting as well--I exclude Kyocera as Ceramic and chef I don't think you'd want), so basically they carry run of the mill stuff. Still worth a visit for sure.

Afterwards (or before) run by the Cooks of Crocus Hill as well. They carry Messermeister and Sabatier. Or at least they did the last time I stopped in there which was now a couple years ago. the problem with having a rather stocked kitchen is that you don't need much. :)

If none of those feel good, it is time to head to Chicago or to find a knife place/kitchen store I don't know about.

Local favorite Surly beer has developed a cult-like following since it debuted in 2005. Here’s your chance to tour the brewery with the man behind the beer, owner Omar Ansari. You’ll hear firsthand how a home brewing hobby developed into Minnesota’s first new brewery west of the Mississippi since 1987. As Surly fans know, the brewery makes three year-round beers, Furious, Bender and Cynic, as well as an assortment of seasonal and specialty beers. You’ll see how the beer is made and taste what makes these beers so popular with serious beer drinkers. Following the tour, chef Royal Dahlstrom will prepare a beer-centric menu that starts with BEER CHEESE SOUP with popcorn garnish. The main course is a hearty SEAFOOD BOIL, featuring shrimp, clams and mussels. For dessert, he’ll prepare GINGER CAKE WITH PORTER SAUCE. Oh, and don’t forget to ask Omar to explain the Surly name.

Amusingly I was going to go last Friday for my buddies birthday. Plan was tour followed by bowling. We were going to bring Aidan with on the tour and then go home. Managed to get too many people excited about it though so they had to skip the tour as there were too many.

Amusingly*2 I had Beer Cheese soup with popcorn garnish for lunch, along with a sandwich (prosciutto, soppresseta, tomatoes and fresh mozz on ciabatta). Still looking at my empty bowl on the floor (tray) near my desk.

Yup.

Easier to be confused trying to pidgeon hole every scenario with the same solution. I will have to go to that shop in calhoun square. I think they have the best selection.

And I'm starting to get confused and thinking that maybe a transmission line folded horn reflex 14th order resonantchambered flux capacitor might be the right choice for cutting my celery.

The Kitchen Window has a pretty decent selection. No MAC, F Dick, Messermeister, only Global's from Japan (others are interesting as well--I exclude Kyocera as Ceramic and chef I don't think you'd want), so basically they carry run of the mill stuff. Still worth a visit for sure.

Afterwards (or before) run by the Cooks of Crocus Hill as well. They carry Messermeister and Sabatier. Or at least they did the last time I stopped in there which was now a couple years ago. the problem with having a rather stocked kitchen is that you don't need much. :)

If none of those feel good, it is time to head to Chicago or to find a knife place/kitchen store I don't know about.

I'm gonna go to CCH instead. I furgot about them. Then I don't have to fight Smpls hell anyway and I can just catch 35E home.... Or end up at Moscow on the hill and tell the W fraffic is horrible...

:D

:peepwall:

Amusingly I was going to go last Friday for my buddies birthday. Plan was tour followed by bowling. We were going to bring Aidan with on the tour and then go home. Managed to get too many people excited about it though so they had to skip the tour as there were too many.

Amusingly*2 I had Beer Cheese soup with popcorn garnish for lunch, along with a sandwich (prosciutto, soppresseta, tomatoes and fresh mozz on ciabatta). Still looking at my empty bowl on the floor (tray) near my desk.

....oooor maybe happy gnome for a beer.....

gas line folks came, basically the pipe feeding the water heater has rusted into dust :dammit:

they mentioned rerouting the gas line through the attic; doesn't sound like that would conform to any building code, anyone know about this? Googling as we speak

Yup.

I'm gonna go to CCH instead. I furgot about them. Then I don't have to fight Smpls hell anyway and I can just catch 35E home.... Or end up at Moscow on the hill and tell the W fraffic is horrible...

:D

:peepwall:

I've never actually been to that CCH. The one that used to be in Southdale and the one on 50th & France sure.

You just made me want some Russian food, bitch.

yep I'm a dumbass; plumbers are coming tomorrow to reroute the water heater line

fun

That is pretty easy to do without a plumber....unless you mean the gas line in which case it also isn't hard but I understand why you might someone to do it.

If you don't know what you are doing, you are better off sending it to a repair shop. What amp is it ?

Im pretty sure i can fix everything disconnected with some solder. I just didn't know where that one terminal looking thing went. Its a Sound Storm 1Fd2500.

Are there only missing parts ? Weird...

There's no missing parts that I'm aware of , the parts that are there are just broke and disconnected. From the heat i guess.

Just going by parts visibly broken is a recipe for spending money on parts. Lost of things can go wrong and show no sign.

Parts don't "disconnect" because of the heat.

Yeah, solder won't just melt from normal operating temperatures in an amplifier. Adrian I think it's time for a basic amplifier repair thread!

But the amp has visible burn marks, where all of that is ;)

yeah its the gas line; main reason we're subbing this out is its faster and, most importantly, none of us can fit under the damned house :Doh:

Oh, that is right. I take basements for granted as there isn't a house up here that doesn't have one...hardly.

Especially with Sean, if you shut the fuck up and stop being a pansy ass and grow some balls you'd learn a lot. Sean knows what he's talking about that's why he's one of the select few on the damn Tech team.

AMEN. I am a Young Bull, Sean is an old Bull.smile.gif

Beside's I don't Know any other way, I guess it come's from upbringing. ie work ethic installed young.

That's VERY true, I'm glad my mamma whooped me into shape! She'd kick my ass to this day if I didn't perform my best :)

I assume you've seen Ferris Buellers' Day Off. Cameron's parents and mine are similar, except that I grew up somewhat poor or at least lower middle class. We had to work for everything. Parents owned a Drycleaners which is sort of like slave labor and I've put in more than 30hrs to work since I was 11. Tough love indeed. I somewhat feel sorry for my son, but then realize that might just be what it takes to turn out okay and hopefully to turn this country around. Its in a downward spiral right now which sucks. PLEASE don't make me move to Canada.

That's what it takes if you want to be happy ans successful I guess.

basement and slab foundation homes ftw

pier and beam houses ftmfl

340x.jpg

The 1998 Turbo S that I drove was that color. :)

A while ago, welcome back. :) Dr. Captain Canada was heading it up, but he has been very busy with school and work.

Heh, Hadn't stopped by in a while and just thought I'd poke my face around for a few. =D. He was already pretty busy before wasn't he? lol

and hey Adrian! Sorry I tried to quote your message to but I fail ;(

Stick around man, you are part of the OG core group. :)

I've never actually been to that CCH. The one that used to be in Southdale and the one on 50th & France sure.

WASTE OF MY TIME!!!! I called even. "we have tons of variety"

fucking bullshit. seriously. I dealt with grand ave low on fuel in my expedition to see ~6 global, ~20 wusthoff, and <10 shun knives.

If the guy who answered the phone was there and not a sweet young girl who had nothing to do with it I would have lost it. Then on my way out some &^^&*%&%^&*^&* a hole with an ML350 parked literally in the same spot I was in. I couldn't even open my door. I had to climb in the back seat squeeze in the back seat then climb over the console.

All with low blood sugar.

lol

:P

WASTE OF MY TIME!!!! I called even. "we have tons of variety"

fucking bullshit. seriously. I dealt with grand ave low on fuel in my expedition to see ~6 global, ~20 wusthoff, and <10 shun knives.

If the guy who answered the phone was there and not a sweet young girl who had nothing to do with it I would have lost it. Then on my way out some &^^&*%&%^&*^&* a hole with an ML350 parked literally in the same spot I was in. I couldn't even open my door. I had to climb in the back seat squeeze in the back seat then climb over the console.

All with low blood sugar.

lol

:P

Crap, sorry. The one that was in the mall used to have a great selection, the 50th and France was okay the last time I was in.

Sur La Table might have an okay selection as well...but I'd call they vary significantly from store to store (never been in the one in MN, but taught a class in Dallas and visited other locations as well).

Kitchen Window will definitely have a full collection of Global, Shun, and Wusthoff Culinar, not sure what else.

<--hasn't been back to the KW since they upgraded their space.

Interesting on the KW website they list MAC & Masahiro & Kataoka & Kikuichi

Wow. Hopefully they have them in store. If you go, please let me know...not that I need to drop $400 on a Kikuichi, I'll save that for when I go to Japan again and have a sashimi knife made for me. :P

340x.jpg

The 1998 Turbo S that I drove was that color. :)

Obviously a MN Porsche.