mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

My whole family WORKS for a living. All of them have done HARD work too. Not all labor. Some in the defence industry, some for the state of MN etc.... But I see them all at retirement age and they are going to live comfy comfy comfy. I want that, but I really don't want to wait untill then to get it. So I'm going to work double time and twice as hard and figure this thing out.

I think when I'm a bit older travel will be my #1. Right now I want to build a fortune and buisness so I can earn without working.

Fuck that. What happens when you die the day you retire?

true. I just plan on retiring real real real real real early.

It's interesting that me and the wife don't travel more. We haven't even had a "honeymoon" and it's our 2nd 1 year aniversary.

I think that we both love a comfortable day to day life and don't want to "save" for a vacation, and we're too tight to just put it on a card.

:P

I think that we both love a comfortable day to day life and don't want to "save" for a vacation, and we're too tight to just put it on a card.

That's not tight, that's smart.

Too bad more of today's generation didn't think more like you. We wouldn't be in the crisis we are in right now. It pisses me off that my tax dollars, and my kids' tax dollars, are going to have to help pay off the bad debt of some jackass who bought more then he could afford.

No doubt sandt. but it's ok all the money we are borrowing now all the kids will have to pay off anyway so they won't even have to learn how to spend properly. Best part is that pretty soon all the older folks will be officially OLD, and then we will have more retired than working.

No worries there either. When we all kick the bucket everything we earned and saved for the kids will be taxed huge and the ungreatfull little rats will just be happy to get their 40% of the original value of their parents legacy, and then they will stimulate the market buy putting down payments on new apple products or underdeveloped green cars that have a lerger enviromental impact on earth than old fation fossil fuels.

:fing34:

:D

No doubt sandt. but it's ok all the money we are borrowing now all the kids will have to pay off anyway so they won't even have to learn how to spend properly. Best part is that pretty soon all the older folks will be officially OLD, and then we will have more retired than working.

No worries there either. When we all kick the bucket everything we earned and saved for the kids will be taxed huge and the ungreatfull little rats will just be happy to get their 40% of the original value of their parents legacy, and then they will stimulate the market buy putting down payments on new apple products or underdeveloped green cars that have a lerger enviromental impact on earth than old fation fossil fuels.

:fing34:

:D

Yeah, ask your neighbor what he owns... when he says his house, his cars, his TVs... remind him that no, the bank owns those.

I have about $150 in credit card debt. I buy gas on one card, take the wife out on another, and buy a couple films on another every month. I pay them off right away. I have 5 mortgages right now, and that tiny CC debt. I owe nobody else anything. I own everything in my possession aside from my home and my rentals.

People were shocked when I got sick and didn't work for almost a year (my wife got laid off previously and was going back to school, she graduates in DEC so that will rawk!!!) that we didn't lose the house (maybe 4 or 5 people that know me know we own rentals), the cars, or anything. People can't figure us out.

I think that we both love a comfortable day to day life and don't want to "save" for a vacation, and we're too smart to just put it on a card.

Fixed

I'm pretty fast for a really old guy.

I Own my trailer I live in, all 5 of my cars and trucks I own, my pop-up camper, my ATVs and trailer are all payed for. This my friend is how I enjoy traveling. I am trying to buy a house, BUT thats a joke anymore. SO I live it and love it.smile.gif

I hate how Americans think. I have a friend that buys things on credit all the time and pays them off. He does work and pay them off no problem but he's freaking just throwing away money.

Especially when it comes to technology. I'm just throwing out numbers. But say you buy a computer and pay it off in 6 months. You might pay something around $100 extra (probably more). In that 6 months, the money you could have saved up could buy you the same computer for $200 less.

So your net difference is $300 lost and 6 months of warranty lost by buying via CC.

So your basically renting your own PC from the CC company for $50 a month and getting a used computer at the end of the deal.

The problem with today's youth is they have no work ethics installed growing up. Not all the parents fault, but more the way our society is set up now-a-days.

Renting property sucks. everyday it sucks. but you know what? It's another leg on the stool of financial stability. It's harder than a 403/b or 401/k, as it requires attention, but it's amazingly powerful if a crisis hits!

rent to own is basically legalized loansharking...which is great if you want to open a business and have little in the way of ethics

And while I'm on my soapbox I'll mention something I mentioned before

Stupid as sketcher shape ups are dumb as shit. For one they look stupid because you look like you are wearing a little kids shoe. For another they are terrible for your body. They teach you to heel strike EVEN MORE when you walk. When you heel strike (while running) approximately 6% of your body weight stops when your foot makes the collision to the ground. (compared to only 1-2% when forefoot striking). If people want to "Shape Up" try forefoot walking. You can easy develop the proper forefoot walking technique by walking around your house (grass is good too but the harder the surface the more you realize the benefit) barefoot or in socks and concentrate on landing on the middle to the front of your foot (your instincts should make you walk that way almost immediately) Then, throw on any flat tennis shoes and recreate that walk. It will make you use a lot of calf muscle to absorb the impact, which is better on your body and lower back, and strengthens your calves. It will in turn also help develop your hamstrings and upper legs as they do more work. You can do this anywhere you walk and slowly perfect it. The more you do it the more it just looks like normal walking.

Boom, free extra calories burned, less back pain better toned body...

Edit: Source for my numbers...

The problem with today's youth is they have no work ethics installed growing up. Not all the parents fault, but more the way our society is set up now-a-days.

Sadly, IMO it is the parent's fault. When I grew up I got my ass kicked for disobedience and for not doing my chores. Bad grades? Ass kicking and grounded forever. When I did poorly in school, I got an F not an "E" for needs more effort. When we failed a grade, we were held back.

We were accountable for our actions. If we didn't do what we were supposed to we got stomped on. Nowadays I see my son's friends getting brand new cell phones and dirt bikes and stupid shit just because they brought that D up to a C.

Kids are coddled today by society, but they are learning this at home.

I still stomp my son if he doesn't do right. I take away the things that matter most, and I don't make a big deal out of a good grade. It is expected. If he gets a bad grade though, he knows he will get his ass kicked. That is called parenting.

rent to own is basically legalized loansharking...which is great if you want to open a business and have little in the way of ethics

Basically why I don't think I could ever own a business. All the things that make good money are things I wish Americans would stop doing. I wouldn't cut corners which would cut my profit and people don't want to pay higher prices for the better quality so I lose money.

To make big money you have to sell high volume. It's easier to sell high volumes of turds than it is to sell high volumes of good American made stuff. I have a feeling Aaron may feel the same way...

The only way I've seen something good quality sell a lot of is when the company pushes the product as something that its not, claims that its more than it really is, and it usually is just a mark up because of the brand name when their is a product just as good for less available elsewhere.

Very true if you're manufacturing product; much easier to turn a decent profit if its a service based business, however

Sadly, IMO it is the parent's fault. When I grew up I got my ass kicked for disobedience and for not doing my chores. Bad grades? Ass kicking and grounded forever. When I did poorly in school, I got an F not an "E" for needs more effort. When we failed a grade, we were held back.

We were accountable for our actions. If we didn't do what we were supposed to we got stomped on. Nowadays I see my son's friends getting brand new cell phones and dirt bikes and stupid shit just because they brought that D up to a C.

Kids are coddled today by society, but they are learning this at home.

I still stomp my son if he doesn't do right. I take away the things that matter most, and I don't make a big deal out of a good grade. It is expected. If he gets a bad grade though, he knows he will get his ass kicked. That is called parenting.

I agree with your whole rant other than I think a kid should be given attention for doing something good as well as bad. As far as how I was raised, I could of lived at your house and would of NEVER known the difference.