mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

w00t!

Got my Makita 14.4 volt set today. Drill, 3/8" impact driver, flashlight, drop light, 3 batteries, charger and duffel bag. It is really sweet.

But I am a frikken douche. I took the LED panel out of my regular corded drop light and stuck it in the new drop light. Sometimes i really need to think before I do shit. Anyways, the light started to flicker, I was thinking I didn't get it plugged in well. So I pulled the lense off the drop light and pulled on the LED panel and it all fell apart. It melted in the damn socket. Yeah, dipshit here didn't think that the LED drop light panel was in an AC light, and the 14.4 is a DC light. :suicide-santa:

I got the base out of the new drop light, but now i have to replace that panel for $32 again.

w00t!

Got my Makita 14.4 volt set today. Drill, 3/8" impact driver, flashlight, drop light, 3 batteries, charger and duffel bag. It is really sweet.

But I am a frikken douche. I took the LED panel out of my regular corded drop light and stuck it in the new drop light. Sometimes i really need to think before I do shit. Anyways, the light started to flicker, I was thinking I didn't get it plugged in well. So I pulled the lense off the drop light and pulled on the LED panel and it all fell apart. It melted in the damn socket. Yeah, dipshit here didn't think that the LED drop light panel was in an AC light, and the 14.4 is a DC light. :suicide-santa:

I got the base out of the new drop light, but now i have to replace that panel for $32 again.

I've always heard makita was good. I just got a Skil Cordless 14.4 and a jigsa for 50$ still doing good on about 1 year already. The battery doesn't last though. Oh and i got some 9 led flashlights at Kragen for 2 for 5$ so shits are bright. There brighter than my 15 dollar wal mart flashlight. But i means its walmart. LOL.

I've always heard makita was good. I just got a Skil Cordless 14.4 and a jigsa for 50$ still doing good on about 1 year already. The battery doesn't last though. Oh and i got some 9 led flashlights at Kragen for 2 for 5$ so shits are bright. There brighter than my 15 dollar wal mart flashlight. But i means its walmart. LOL.

I have been using Makita for years, and I hesitate to use anything else. I might get the Ridgid drill because they have lifetime warranty including on the batteries.

But this set was bought to replace a 9.6 volt Makita set i have had for years and use at work. As a mechanic, my drills see a lot of use and abuse, and my drill has far outlasted everyone else's drills (B&D, DeWalt, and Milwaukee). But it is old, and while it still works it gets hot and you can just tell it is getting tired. Since I am from the north, I have more experience removing frozen bolts, so I usually wind up doing the drilling, so not only has my drill lasted years longer then the other guys', it also saw more use in the time theirs were still alive as well, so it has not only been a better drill, but it has dominated the other brands. I also have a high end Makita 12 volt at the house, and I also took the duffel bag, one of the batteries and the impact driver to the house, and left the rest at the shop.

But yeah, you have heard right. I only buy Makita, and I buy them based on my personal experiences with them. Not only that, but I recommend them very, very highly.

fittest or the richest

if you are a lazy piece of shit you don't deserve shit either

Another Question

What renters insurance do y'all suggest?

The one that an insurance broker you trust suggests. NEVER work with an agent for a single company, in particular at your age. It is the equivalent of throwing money down the drain.

so we went to Wally World for a few things (I know, I know) and out of morbid curiosity I strolled through the meat and seafood section when I saw something. This has to be an isolated incident, I thought to myself. But then I saw it again...and again...and again. Turns out every steak, every chop, every roast, every piece of unprocessed, non-frozen beef, poultry, and pork in that store was marinated or brined in solution. Concentrations ranged from 5% all the way up to 20%. Disgusting.

They sell "packers" up here which don't have that nonsense.

Time for bed. Enough German beers for the night :)

fittest or the richest

if you are a lazy piece of shit you don't deserve shit either

plenty of lazy pieces of shit with shit they don't deserve

whiney trust fund babies I'm looking at you

2dkwsya.jpg

too lazy to fry a whole bird; settled with just making strips

KFC? Raising Cane's? Church's? Popeye's? Pollo Compero? They ain't shit compared to my recipe :P

Another Question

The one that an insurance broker you trust suggests. NEVER work with an agent for a single company, in particular at your age. It is the equivalent of throwing money down the drain.

ya i was looking into Assurant, because it was supposedly a good deal, im covering 20k of personal property and it works out to be $426 a year.

I dunno im still looking. My parents are still picking up the car insurance trying to make them keep that as long as possible even though my car only has liability on it.

My parents have state farm FWIW.

those look awesome Peng

oh they are; they're also fried in Crisco so they are absolutely terrible for you :lol2:

I've been working with this recipe of and on for a while, think I finally nailed it down...yay

Quick question for you pros here in the hop.

Im working on getting a self propelled lawnmower running again. The lawnmower is in great condition.

I have changed the oil and cleaned up the spark plug.

I prime the little bubble about 4-5 times, pull the string, it starts for about 5 seconds then dies.

So it is only running on what i prime into the engine. So my plan tomorrow is to take the carb off and clean it up.

Any other things i should look for?

Depends on a few things really. Does the priming bubble seem slow to recover? That is, does it stay collapsed? On the carburetor, does it have 2 fuel lines coming into it? What brand? On the carburetor, does it have a bowl or are the lines a direct feed into the side of a small square shaped carb?

A few things come to mind. If it does not have a bowl, I see a lot of the pump diaphragms go bad, and a carburetor rebuild is on the menu. These carbs are really simple, just a few parts really. Just get a sharp razor blade, a can of carb cleaner, and the carb kit from your local NAPA. Keep the gaskets you take off the carb in order, as you will see several gaskets in the kit that you won't use, and each has some very slight differences. Really the only thing that I see go bad on these (unless you leave it sit and the gas goes sweet) is that diaphragm, and replacing it should be all you have to do. The diaphragm will be under a plate that has a round bulge on it. But I like to clean all the passages with the carb cleaner real good.

Second, if it has 2 fuel lines I see those stupid lines break inside the tank all the time. While the single line that feeds the bulb may be good and it will prime, the one that feeds the pump diaghram will be busted and you will see a lot of air bubbles in it, or it will be void of fuel altogether.

Third, if the bulb has a hard time recovering you either have a collapsed of clogged fuel line, or a clogged carburetor port that is creating a vacuum on the line prohibiting fuel feed.

Another Question

I use Nationwide for all my homeowners, automotive, and landlord insurance. Generally you get discounts if you choose to carry multiple policies with the same company. It is worth asking your agent about.

The lawnmower is a: Scotts 6.5HP(briggs and Straton) I/C Intek Edge OHV Mod:22966X8A

first thing that happened the prime bubble started running fuel out the little relief hole when i first filled it up. So i raised the front of the lawnmower up for awhile. Then i came back to mess with it and the bulb no longer leaked. So i proceeded to start the mower. Thus it rain for about ~3 seconds on primed fuel.

I was going to tear into it tonight but i work a lil over 12 hours today and it was dark outside already and i ran to wally world to get some carb cleaner and other essentials.

The carb does have a bowl underneath it. i believe it only has one fuel line. The plan is to tear into it tomorrow and see whats going on.

my bro ordered pizza from domino's and he did it online and I don't know what the fuck he did and we ordered a peporini and cheese so were waiting for the dude and he gets here and it's pucking dry pizza with just little pieces of pepperoni no cheese no tomato sauce. The cheese one is next just cheese and dough. I bet the dudes making it were like wtf.

my bro ordered pizza from domino's and he did it online and I don't know what the fuck he did and we ordered a peporini and cheese so were waiting for the dude and he gets here and it's pucking dry pizza with just little pieces of pepperoni no cheese no tomato sauce. The cheese one is next just cheese and dough. I bet the dudes making it were like wtf.

ordering onling > then your bro

True. now it's good though. hard to believe but he's majoring in computer science. He's learned from mistakes lol.

I remember ordering from Pizza hut, you HAVE to sign up for their newsletter, there is no opt out or any of that shit.

So you get all of this spam, annoying, i hope they changed it.

I live near Downtown Kansas City, and there's this place cleverly named The City Market, We typically go down there and buy our finer meats, they have some of the best stakes i've ever had.

but walmart down here, isn't too bad. i don't trust them with 20 dollar stakes, but for ground beef etc i really can't care.

random question: any good reference books for sports nutrition/body building supplements? websites are nice and all but I like having physical copies to thumb through

What kind of info are you looking for? Lots and lots and lots of books. I've read 30 plus books from the real basic general ideas and all the way down to extreme finite information.

Just a basic n00b's guide, more or less; I'm not trying to be Bruce Lee or a bodybuilder or anything as serious as that. Just a little more here and there is all. I sure as hell don't want to put myself in a diabetic coma with some of the crap they have on the shelves either.

Bruce Lee kicked Chuck Norris's ass FYI :lol:

Now the fucking computer says the printer is installed, but when I go to print there is nothing....

fucking windows 7 blows. This is fucking rediculous

I love Win7 :peepwall:

It's honestly Windows XP with the looks of Vista.

Guess I'm just frustrated. I don't know why I can't just hook up a printer and print.

When it works I really have enjoyed it.

Is the printer compatible with Win7?

2dkwsya.jpg

KFC? Raising Cane's? Church's? Popeye's? Pollo Compero? They ain't shit compared to my recipe :P

X eleventy billion.

I loved shooting a pheasant on the morning, butchering it and letting the breasts soak in a little salt water for a few hours, breading it with some crushed Ritz crackers and frying it in butter. Damn now I've got wood.

2dkwsya.jpg

X eleventy billion.

I loved shooting a pheasant on the morning, butchering it and letting the breasts soak in a little salt water for a few hours, breading it with some crushed Ritz crackers and frying it in butter. Damn now I've got wood.

Soaking in buttermilk FTMW

Another Question

ya i was looking into Assurant, because it was supposedly a good deal, im covering 20k of personal property and it works out to be $426 a year.

I dunno im still looking. My parents are still picking up the car insurance trying to make them keep that as long as possible even though my car only has liability on it.

My parents have state farm FWIW.

State Farm charged me $98/yr. for $20K in coverage.

Yeah you get huge discounts if you have other policies with the same company, my car insurance went down $35 when I put my renters insurance on, and the renters insurance was only like $70