mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Concert review: The show was in a college hockey arena, So indoors and medium sized with steep bleachers. The Sound Reinforcement was taken care of by line array of overhead cabinets on each front tower of the stage. (except Slayer, more on that below) I counted 16 cabinets per side. As you would expect from any seasoned big name act, the monitor and sound engineers where on their game. Everything sound accurate with no real noticable feedback. I usually like to listen from near the mixing board, (other than when I am moshing) I find the sound best there. On to the artists.

Testament was the opening band and was already on stage by the time I made it in. Althought I didn't really listen to much Testament growing up, I always enjoy clean live music. Their drummer was really dialed in and well mic'ed. I could hear the snare drum so clearly and the double bass was brutal. The string instruments where well defined also, as was the singer. Chuck Billy is a screamer.

Megadeth came on second and was instantly a crowd pleaser. Dave Mustane was drilling out the power chords everyone has grown to love and respect. once again the sound was on the money. Dave tore through all the classic hits from the "countdown" and "Rest in Peace" collections.

FINALLY , Slayer was the headlining act!!! The Sound Reinforcement was upped. Slayer also had 18 Marshall Cabinets on both sides of the drummer. 3 high and 6 wide. So 36 total.TALK ABOUT A WALL OF SOUND. The bass was heavy enough to make my nostrils flutter!!!!!They started with their newest hit "World Painted Blood" and rolled into such classics as "Hell Awaits". Tom Araya's bass guitar was pounding out the rhythm section and he was very carismic about what he was doing.

On to the CARNAGE. After all thats what this show was suppose to be all about. Testement had a small pit going the in the front for their show and ended with Chuck Billy deviding the crowd in half like the Sea and demanding each group of people demolish each other!!! I had been back where my W was hanging near the mixing boards until this point, BUT quickly took advantage of the open pit. I was to the front rail and back several times and helped several ppl up.

Megadeth started with two medium pits right off the bat. I hung on the edge of the farther back pit SO I could see real well and here Dave play. About half way through the set they broke out with "Symphony of Destruction" and the crowd went nutts. The pits where slick by now from all the spilled drinks so it was crazy. I seen alot of ppl hit the floor REALLY HARD.

LASTLY Slayer was just ONE BIG PITT for about the first 50 rows!!!!! I moshed my way to the front (or as close as possible) after a couple songs and spent the rest of the show FIGHTING for 3-4 row center stage!!!

I now feel like I was ran through a meat tenderizer and have a bruised sternum. I am sore from head to toe and eating Advil. My W chipped an Acylic nail and I was a jackass and wore my Oakley GasCans inside and lost them, but came out with a pair of someone elses Cheap Sunglasses.

Picture the scene: 275 passengers aboard a Hong Kong-bound British Airways flight from London Heathrow are played an automatic plane crash message when flying over the North Sea. Only trouble (or, blessing) is, it was an error. Whoops?

Just shot another stone!! Thank God for Uroxatral :woot::woot:

Concert review: The show was in a college hockey arena, So indoors and medium sized with steep bleachers. The Sound Reinforcement was taken care of by line array of overhead cabinets on each front tower of the stage. (except Slayer, more on that below) I counted 16 cabinets per side. As you would expect from any seasoned big name act, the monitor and sound engineers where on their game. Everything sound accurate with no real noticable feedback. I usually like to listen from near the mixing board, (other than when I am moshing) I find the sound best there. On to the artists.

Testament was the opening band and was already on stage by the time I made it in. Althought I didn't really listen to much Testament growing up, I always enjoy clean live music. Their drummer was really dialed in and well mic'ed. I could hear the snare drum so clearly and the double bass was brutal. The string instruments where well defined also, as was the singer. Chuck Billy is a screamer.

Megadeth came on second and was instantly a crowd pleaser. Dave Mustane was drilling out the power chords everyone has grown to love and respect. once again the sound was on the money. Dave tore through all the classic hits from the "countdown" and "Rest in Peace" collections.

FINALLY , Slayer was the headlining act!!! The Sound Reinforcement was upped. Slayer also had 18 Marshall Cabinets on both sides of the drummer. 3 high and 6 wide. So 36 total.TALK ABOUT A WALL OF SOUND. The bass was heavy enough to make my nostrils flutter!!!!!They started with their newest hit "World Painted Blood" and rolled into such classics as "Hell Awaits". Tom Araya's bass guitar was pounding out the rhythm section and he was very carismic about what he was doing.

On to the CARNAGE. After all thats what this show was suppose to be all about. Testement had a small pit going the in the front for their show and ended with Chuck Billy deviding the crowd in half like the Sea and demanding each group of people demolish each other!!! I had been back where my W was hanging near the mixing boards until this point, BUT quickly took advantage of the open pit. I was to the front rail and back several times and helped several ppl up.

Megadeth started with two medium pits right off the bat. I hung on the edge of the farther back pit SO I could see real well and here Dave play. About half way through the set they broke out with "Symphony of Destruction" and the crowd went nutts. The pits where slick by now from all the spilled drinks so it was crazy. I seen alot of ppl hit the floor REALLY HARD.

LASTLY Slayer was just ONE BIG PITT for about the first 50 rows!!!!! I moshed my way to the front (or as close as possible) after a couple songs and spent the rest of the show FIGHTING for 3-4 row center stage!!!

I now feel like I was ran through a meat tenderizer and have a bruised sternum. I am sore from head to toe and eating Advil. My W chipped an Acylic nail and I was a jackass and wore my Oakley GasCans inside and lost them, but came out with a pair of someone elses Cheap Sunglasses.

Sounds like a shit load of fun man!!!!! You definatly know how to do a good concert review!!!

J

Flares galore, orders piling in :D

The molds will need a rebuild. In tougher material. And at least I got the hand of gelcoat so no more crazy sanding on the inside of the flares.

Flares galore, orders piling in :D

The molds will need a rebuild. In tougher material. And at least I got the hand of gelcoat so no more crazy sanding on the inside of the flares.

What are the molds made out of?

Resined mdf. 2 parts are exposed to dings and scratches, the throat and the mouth of the flare. So I'll look for some material like the one I used on my midbass rings.

Some online shops think that if you are from outside the US you are gullible. I measured all the parts I need for the Jeep and they fit nicely in USPS's medium flat rate box. But the shop told me some are too big. Yeah, right, the biggest part is 8 inch long and the large box is 12 / 12 / 5.5".

Gah, he went by the packaging in which the manufacturer sends the parts. Like I need the original packaging....

That long-running joke about men unwilling to stop for directions? Well, it's no joke, at least not according to British insurance firm Sheilas' Wheels. In fact, the average male motorist in Britain travels some 276 extra miles per year simply because he refuses to ask for directions. Worse yet, that amounts to £2,000 ($3,100) worth of wasted fuel over the stubborn man's lifetime.

In the UK, 25 percent of all men would rather wander aimlessly for up to a half hour before stopping to ask for directions, and one in 10 simply refuse to ask altogether. On the flip side, three quarters of women polled have zero qualms about asking for help. And here's our favorite stat: 41 percent of men admitted to telling their passengers that they knew where they were going... even though they didn't.

Though the study took place in the UK, we'd bet that, if anything, it's worse here in the States. After all, as a much larger country with sometimes huge stretches between destinations, we probably waste more time and fuel pretending like we know exactly where we're going.

Apparently people can't read a map

Either that or they don't own a map, which is weird considering I have 4 in the E55, not to mention the 4 plus travel atlas in the Blue Meanie

*sigh* kids these days

FYI: If you ever deal with window problems in a early 90's Audi that they won't go up or down, the window switches are out. All but ONE FRIGGIN SWITCH in the woman's Audi was out. Out of 7 switches, only 1 was good. I just replaced 3 of them, and now shit is starting to work again.

I owned an Audi in the early 90's and I fucking hated that car. MOSTLY because of only one rear window working by the time I sold the POS. the relays where like 150 each window.:o It was my ex W's car, SO now I am kinda glad looking back. That bich is the reason I don't have a 76' Firebird too now that I think about it. SAY LA VIE. :)

BTW thats the car that turned me off to German cars.

And had you bought the same era BMW, you'd have the opposite feelings. Terrible years for Audi.

Sitting in Moorhead. Memories!

Bought a new bed yesterday. Suppose to be here tuesday. I can't wait!

I bought a king size Serta Euro Top. OMG is this bed plush.

Right now I have a king size Beautyrest I bought about 10 years ago, was plush up until about a year ago.

The technology mattress companys are using now is insane. My Beautyrest was top of the line 10 years ago and now its more like middle of the road.

OMG I can't wait, all I did last night was dream of my new bed. COME ON TUESDAY.

I love having a shit ton of 80's music fans to work with. Great 80's video's all day for me.

What a job I have.

:)

J

I love having a shit ton of 80's music fans to work with. Great 80's video's all day for me.

What a job I have.

J

What job do you have?

What a job I have.

J

What job do you have?

Part of the 50,000 (give or take) in Iraq.

I work in an admin capacity.

J

Job T0P

J

Hearing a Random Song in 1990 vs. Hearing a Random Song in 2010

500x_music-1990-vs-2010-now.jpg

Just realized I never posted pics of the Blue Meanie, oops...here you go

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0438.jpg