mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

SO I just woke up to a boom. Looked outside and didn't see anything, then I heard jets, and I immediately know these are military jets. You can tell the difference in engine pitch. I go outside to see WTF is going on and 5 jets are hauling ass to the East and a couple minutes later, the sky is filled with helicopters. There had to be twenty of them, and they had this very ominous hum flying together, and they have spotlights just going in every direction. It was freaky. My brother-in-law was outside because he said his dog was going nuts and he said he hear this low whine, then saw a long blimp sized object heading West, then shoot straight up and take off East, and the jets and copters came just after. Fucking UFO shit going on around here. I didn't see the first thing that made the noise, but I swear those jets and choppers had to be out for something. I've never seen anything like it.

Keep us posted on any updates. Sound like some cool shit!

Hmmm..............Might have been breaking the sound barrier.............How high above were they all?

J

SO I just woke up to a boom. Looked outside and didn't see anything, then I heard jets, and I immediately know these are military jets. You can tell the difference in engine pitch. I go outside to see WTF is going on and 5 jets are hauling ass to the East and a couple minutes later, the sky is filled with helicopters. There had to be twenty of them, and they had this very ominous hum flying together, and they have spotlights just going in every direction. It was freaky. My brother-in-law was outside because he said his dog was going nuts and he said he hear this low whine, then saw a long blimp sized object heading West, then shoot straight up and take off East, and the jets and copters came just after. Fucking UFO shit going on around here. I didn't see the first thing that made the noise, but I swear those jets and choppers had to be out for something. I've never seen anything like it.

Hmmm..............Might have been breaking the sound barrier.............How high above were they all?

J

I can't really say, but they felt like they were right next to me. Everything was so quiet except for their noise. It was so creepy, just like in a movie, the ominous silence right before the action happens and then boom, the flood of sound and action. Nothing on the news, nothing in the paper.

J

I can't really say, but they felt like they were right next to me. Everything was so quiet except for their noise. It was so creepy, just like in a movie, the ominous silence right before the action happens and then boom, the flood of sound and action. Nothing on the news, nothing in the paper.

:popcorn:

J

I am thinking the blimp thing was a sherpa and it is more than likely military exercises. It is that time of month brother.

J

J

I am thinking the blimp thing was a sherpa and it is more than likely military exercises. It is that time of month brother.

J

Sherpa like this?

short-c-23-sherpa.jpg

J

J

Sherpa like this?

short-c-23-sherpa.jpg

Similar yes. They have the ability to take off vertically and fly horizontally IIRC. Either way exercise time man...............

J

While I don't believe it was UFO or anything like that. There are no military bases around here. The closest one is Grissom AFB, but that is pretty much nothing more than a museum now. Everything else is near Chicago, 2hours West.

Holy shit, i would want to know what the hell was going on!

Let's say i made a FS thread, and i have a thorough description(s) of the item(s) for sale, BUT, i don't have a digital camera so i politely ask the potential buyers to PM me for pictures. Allowed here or no? I mean the buyer will still get valid pictures of anything on the item they ask for.

Send the picture to your email.

Dry-Aged BBQ Brisket: dumb idea or no? I know dry aged steaks are juicy and tender and extra "beefy" but they're cooked hot and fast. Just another random thought on a boring day...

Never seen one, but not sure I'd pay extra but I'd definitely buy it and am also interested in how you think it tastes.

Well I have dry aged a rib roast in my fridge before...hmmm...

Well the pork turned out excellent. Both of them got done at the same time, wrapped them up in foil then a towel and stuffed them in a cooler. Everything turned out good, way better pulled pork than I've had in restaurants too, say good bye to bbq joints around here.

Well the pork turned out excellent. Both of them got done at the same time, wrapped them up in foil then a towel and stuffed them in a cooler. Everything turned out good, way better pulled pork than I've had in restaurants too, say good bye to bbq joints around here.

God I hate you :):P

I love my Egg. :)

I want to get one in the worst way just do to all of their capabilities. I know this is going to sound moronic, but can it grill as well as smoke? Like can I grill steaks or burgers or hot dogs on it as well?

J

Yes, it can.

I want to get one in the worst way just do to all of their capabilities. I know this is going to sound moronic, but can it grill as well as smoke? Like can I grill steaks or burgers or hot dogs on it as well?

J

Grill, smoke, bake, saute, boil, stir fry, braise, pan fry, and I'm sure you can even deep fat fry with the thing if you really wanted to

J

Grill, smoke, bake, saute, boil, stir fry, braise, pan fry, and I'm sure you can even deep fat fry with the thing if you really wanted to

Hmmm I want to see one in action.....

J

shithole Chicago.

trade for Baghdad?

J

J

Hmmm I want to see one in action.....

J

Lucky you there appears to be a BGE dealer in Sierra Vista. Closest dealer to me is a good 50 miles :(